Print Wikipost

DIY: 2007 ISX50 OEM XM Satellite Radio Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-07, 08:50 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gernby
I would do this, but my '06 doesn't have the shark fin. Does anyone know how hard it is to install the antenna if it isn't already there?
Look here and at the top of the page click the Email Us link and ask them to email you the installation guide. For some reason their link to it on that page isnt working right now. This is also the link to the one you would want to buy. If you do dont forget to use the promo code CL911M for 10% off.
Old 08-01-07, 09:02 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, but I think I'll pass on that taped on XM antenna. That would look like ***.
Old 08-01-07, 09:07 AM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice job.....
Old 08-01-07, 09:20 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Thanks, but I think I'll pass on that taped on XM antenna. That would look like ***.
Yea depending on where you tape it, it might. You could probably just run it to the rear window and put it somewhere on the back deck. Going through the glass should affect it too much. What about getting the 07 Shark Fin installed?

Last edited by ben_r_; 08-01-07 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-01-07, 04:28 PM
sdub74
Rookie

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Yea depending on where you tape it, it might. You could probably just run it to the rear window and put it somewhere on the back deck. Going through the glass should affect it too much. What about getting the 07 Shark Fin installed?
Once you had the bottom side of the back deck removed, how difficult would it be to route the antenna up inside? I was at the dealer today, and they wanted $795 for the installation, and he even said they install it on the back deck since taped to the trunk lid looks like crap
Old 08-01-07, 04:45 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sdub74
Once you had the bottom side of the back deck removed, how difficult would it be to route the antenna up inside? I was at the dealer today, and they wanted $795 for the installation, and he even said they install it on the back deck since taped to the trunk lid looks like crap
800 bucks! Yea I bet they did. Well There is def places to run a cable up there, but getting through to the top of the deck... thats something I havent attempted to do... Maybe ask someone who has removed that area (under the rear window) to install speakers or a sub...
Old 08-01-07, 04:57 PM
sdub74
Rookie

Originally Posted by ben_r_
800 bucks! Yea I bet they did. Well There is def places to run a cable up there, but getting through to the top of the deck... thats something I havent attempted to do... Maybe ask someone who has removed that area (under the rear window) to install speakers or a sub...
It was parts + labor, but considering I can get the part for 300, 500 for labor is ridiculous. I'll check out the audio mod forums to see if any one else has removed that deck...good idea. Is there enough lead on the antenna in the kit to reach the middle of the trunk lid? I don't think that would be as bad as an alternative if the reception from behind the glass stinks. Off to the side is just like the previous guy said...it looks like ***.

Anybody know of any good audio install places in the LA area that might do this for a reasonable price?
Old 08-01-07, 07:00 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Awesome job!!!

i just purchased also and will use your DIY thread...
thank you!
Old 08-02-07, 12:02 AM
cancellino
Pole Position

Great Post...thank you
Old 08-02-07, 06:05 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sdub74
It was parts + labor, but considering I can get the part for 300, 500 for labor is ridiculous. I'll check out the audio mod forums to see if any one else has removed that deck...good idea. Is there enough lead on the antenna in the kit to reach the middle of the trunk lid? I don't think that would be as bad as an alternative if the reception from behind the glass stinks. Off to the side is just like the previous guy said...it looks like ***.

Anybody know of any good audio install places in the LA area that might do this for a reasonable price?
The middle of the trunk lid would be even worse because of the cable.
Old 08-03-07, 06:08 PM
devanaire0
Driver

Thank you ben_r! Thanks to you I had the courage to buy the xm kit, and I just got done installing it!!!!

When completed, I was kinda scarred for a bit because when I tried to roll up my windows, they wouldn't work...except for the drivers side. I was like, WTF. Then I drove around a bit, ...still wouldn't work. It finally worked when I used the power windows on by the window itself, and then used the driver sides' power window controller.

Did that happen to you?

Another question, I notice a difference in the way my car accelerates now, is this because the ECU was reset by taking the negative thing for the battery off??
Old 08-03-07, 06:16 PM
bound
Driver School Candidate

That write up takes the cake.
Old 08-03-07, 06:26 PM
jimmyjazz
Lead Lap

The middle of the trunk lid would be even worse because of the cable.
I put mine on the front edge, middle of the trunk lid instead of the right side of the trunk lid, it has a *****load of wire you can almost put it wherever you want. Besides the double sided tape it comes with, it has a pretty powerful magnetic base, I actually have mine mounted magnet only, no tape. Its only abou 3/4"x 1". I think it looks pretty good, its so small you don't really notice it, it's just a little rectangle. I almost think it looks better than a sharkfin. I do have a black car though, the antenna and wire are both black.

Last edited by jimmyjazz; 08-03-07 at 06:50 PM.
Old 08-05-07, 02:57 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by devanaire0
Thank you ben_r! Thanks to you I had the courage to buy the xm kit, and I just got done installing it!!!!

When completed, I was kinda scarred for a bit because when I tried to roll up my windows, they wouldn't work...except for the drivers side. I was like, WTF. Then I drove around a bit, ...still wouldn't work. It finally worked when I used the power windows on by the window itself, and then used the driver sides' power window controller.

Did that happen to you?

Another question, I notice a difference in the way my car accelerates now, is this because the ECU was reset by taking the negative thing for the battery off??
Yea the windows will do that every time you disconnect the battery. Its noted in the manual also. I added how to fix it in the first post.

Yes after disconnecting the battery the ECU does get reset and yea you might notice a difference in the responsiveness of the acceleration, but more than likely it will go back to the way it was before shortly.
Old 08-08-07, 03:36 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Question NEED HELP PLEASE!!!! Keys are not working now???

okay so i have just completed the install but my car is not detecing the key??? can someone help me here please!!! if i push and hold the unlock botton it eventually ulockss the doors as if it goes into a programm mode??

but i can get to an accessorie position or anything? i am stuck here and not sure what else i can try to do. i tried both key fobs and no luck...

Quick Reply: DIY: 2007 ISX50 OEM XM Satellite Radio Install