IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

350 drivers-new tip to make AUTO recir/fresh button stay AUTO

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-07, 10:25 PM
DRIVEN1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by supaIS350
doesn't matter to me...i always turn off my ac anyways before shutting off the engine.
WOW - your quote really added value to this topic. Thank you for your contribution.
Old 08-02-07, 05:36 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

note--- to complicate further, I just found out that my dealer DID install (allegedly) the NAV firmware. I'll update my first post.
Old 08-02-07, 05:38 AM
PW007
Rookie

I bought an '06 is350 in May '06 and when I got the car I noticed that the auto light would not stay on when I started the car. I would push the button until the auto light showed up. I took it to the dealer (figuring the auto feature was not select) to change the LPS and when the tech plugged in the computer it showed that the auto feature was selected. We started the car several times, but the auto light never stayed on even though the LPS was properly selected. The tech told me to watch it for the next couple of day after. What I noticed was even though the auto light did not stay lit, the a/c was in auto mode. It shifted back and forth between recir and outside. I don't know if it was a oversight in the design of the car. To this day I pay attention every now and then and it does move back and forth between both modes.
Old 08-02-07, 05:44 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PW007
I bought an '06 is350 in May '06 and when I got the car I noticed that the auto light would not stay on when I started the car. I would push the button until the auto light showed up. I took it to the dealer (figuring the auto feature was not select) to change the LPS and when the tech plugged in the computer it showed that the auto feature was selected. We started the car several times, but the auto light never stayed on even though the LPS was properly selected. The tech told me to watch it for the next couple of day after. What I noticed was even though the auto light did not stay lit, the a/c was in auto mode. It shifted back and forth between recir and outside. I don't know if it was a oversight in the design of the car. To this day I pay attention every now and then and it does move back and forth between both modes.
I think what you are describing is a normal function of the the car to achieve maximum cooling and has nothing to do with the smog sensing capabilities. As long as the left AUTO button is on it will do as you mentioned (just my thoughts).
Old 08-02-07, 06:40 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
well my car (06) was in the shop yesterday and the tech said its NOT an LPS setting.....and can't be set to stay on. NAV firmware update supposedly will fix this as someone has reported here.

holding the button brings up the sensitivity on my car as well.
Nonsense ..... I had my LPS done last Friday and had the tech set the a/c to remain in manual mode, i.e., I have to manually set the mode, and then it forever stays that way. I've set it to RECIRC and it does not vary unless I change it. Your tech is mistaken.
Old 08-02-07, 06:54 AM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have an 06 with Nav/ML, my A/C stays on Auto all the time if I want it to. My car was delivered June of 06.
Old 08-02-07, 06:56 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Nonsense ..... I had my LPS done last Friday and had the tech set the a/c to remain in manual mode, i.e., I have to manually set the mode, and then it forever stays that way. I've set it to RECIRC and it does not vary unless I change it. Your tech is mistaken.
but will both buttons stay in AUTO?

by the way - this is the AUTO button I am referring to NOT the one on the left side.....

Last edited by bagwell; 08-02-07 at 07:08 AM.
Old 08-02-07, 07:13 AM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

by the way - this is the AUTO button I am referring to NOT the one on the left side.....

both of mines stay on, maybe the Lux package come with that setting ON.
Old 08-02-07, 07:18 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Yep........
Old 08-02-07, 07:20 AM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks to the person who posted this... i jus got the auto (right side) on... it gave me an "Smog " sensitivity option... from low to high... i set it on high...

you've added 1 year to my life expectancy = )
Old 08-02-07, 07:04 PM
grumpyer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tt061880
I have an 06 with Nav/ML, my A/C stays on Auto all the time if I want it to. My car was delivered June of 06.
June of 06 must have been a good month to buy if you want Auto to stay on. Mine stays on all the time and it was picked up in June.
Old 08-03-07, 05:54 AM
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver

I have an '06 and I dont have the AUTO button on the right side...do I still have the same functionality?
Old 08-03-07, 05:59 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BounceNY
I have an '06 and I dont have the AUTO button on the right side...do I still have the same functionality?
this is applicable to 350's ONLY...
Old 08-03-07, 06:10 AM
SonnyIs350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by supaIS350
doesn't matter to me...i always turn off my ac anyways before shutting off the engine.
Exactly what i have done on all my cars all power acc turned off before ignition off on vehicle
Old 08-03-07, 06:20 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SonnyIs350
Exactly what i have done on all my cars all power acc turned off before ignition off on vehicle
Why?? It's not required in any way shape or form. Been driving for many years and have never had any sort of electrical problem. And with cars having more and more gizmos on them it is way too much trouble to power everything down before turning it off.

Quick Reply: 350 drivers-new tip to make AUTO recir/fresh button stay AUTO