How much is your car payment

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-07, 12:02 PM
CarlitosPR
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by tt061880
I'm asian and I don't have rich parent like that 18yr old kid but my gf pays for my car .
Marry Her, Shes a Keeper! Wow you are one Lucky Guy. Every Woman in my life cost me $$$ Now Im Married and the wifie wants a cayene to drive around my little kid.
Old 08-03-07, 12:35 PM
Old Oiler
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Very, very few people can pay cash for a car, esp a Lexus. A car is not an accessory for 99% of the people who need a vehicle to get to work. It's good that you can pay cash for it, but can't agree with your view that you shouldn't get a car unless you can pay cash for it. If that was the case there wouldn't be any auto industry.

Well Said!

Old Oiler
Old 08-03-07, 01:58 PM
SonnyIs350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Pineapple
$10,000 Down
$415/month @ 2.9% over 5 years
Where did u get 2.9%? If u don't mind me asking
Old 08-03-07, 02:00 PM
SonnyIs350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Evitzee
It's very easy for an 18yo whose parents bought him a Lexus in cash to say everyone should pay cash for their autos. Get off your butt, move out, get a job and pay for your own stuff and then report back as to how easy it is to pay cash for a new car with no assistance from mommy and daddy. Whether it's a Honda Civic or a Toyota Matrix you most likely would be walking a few years before you'd be in even an entry level type vehicle. You're right, you are spoiled.
EXACTLY!!!!!!
Old 08-03-07, 02:10 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SonnyIs350
Where did u get 2.9%? If u don't mind me asking
most likely from a crredit union.....
Old 08-03-07, 07:25 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You know the funny thing is, when i was i teen i hated going with my parents to buy clothes i always wanted to go myself so it looked like i was paying myself...

NOW... when mom says 'i need goto macy's', im like 'OK I'LL DRIVE... and btw i could use a few new tshirts...' ok ok tshirts are not a car but thats not the point. If someones parents buys them a IS350 be happy for them, happy times in ppls lives are too few and far between.

All you guys dis'n 'the spoiled ones' are just bitter n jealous, bunch of negative nancys... When a friend says he/she is getting married do you point your finger at them and laugh and say how stupid they are??? no... you NORMALLY say 'why are you/is she pregnant?'...oops wait wait no... i meant, you say congratulations.
Old 08-03-07, 07:34 PM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

paid in full at purchase . . . what a relief.
Old 08-03-07, 08:44 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't currently have an IS350, but I think it's very naive to think that one should only pay full cash for a car. You go to Berkeley, so I would've hoped that you would be smarter than that.... maybe your parents made a big donation there too.

A lot of times it's not even beneficial to dump that much cash into a car (which depreciates like none other) when I can keep that money invested elsewhere and make a higher return than the interest on a loan costs me.
Old 08-03-07, 09:58 PM
arpan176
Rookie

at 22 i put 9k down and pay $1137/mo for 2 yrs..i know, pretty crazy payment for a month, but i work hard...,.
Old 08-03-07, 11:15 PM
asianfob
Rookie

Haha its a UC school...not a private school... meaning its government funded... Just because I am book smart doesn't mean I am completely street smart - I did pass the AP econ tests with 5s on both...So yes I do know a thing or two about investments, ect. despite the fact I am not even in college yet.

Last edited by asianfob; 08-04-07 at 12:50 AM.
Old 08-04-07, 12:43 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yea that thing about investments... life is too short, enjoy life while you can. When the hard times come and you gotta spend your good money for bad... well... better to spend the good money while you can on the enjoyable pursuits of life and worry about the BS latter.
Old 08-04-07, 06:06 AM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
All you guys dis'n 'the spoiled ones' are just bitter n jealous, bunch of negative nancys... When a friend says he/she is getting married do you point your finger at them and laugh and say how stupid they are??? no... you NORMALLY say 'why are you/is she pregnant?'...oops wait wait no... i meant, you say congratulations.
Let me get this out of my system:

no no no you got it all wrong. I dont' think they are dissing on him because they are jealous. They are just upset at the fact that he's saying there's no point of buying a car when you have to finance it and he's using his mom&dad's money and acting like his. Many people here have many responsibilties and bills to take care off. This kid is 18 and acting like he got a lot of money and bragging about it. God bless those that got it made, hell I rather have it made than busting my *** lol.

It doesn't take someone like Donald Trump to understand that paying for the interests is a lot of money, anyone with common sense would know that. In fact, people with good investment skill will never pay cash for a 45k car unless they have A LOT SPARE CHANGE laying around.

Originally Posted by asianfob
Haha its a UC school...not a private school... meaning its government funded... Just because I am book smart doesn't mean I am completely street smart - I did pass the AP econ tests with 5s on both...So yes I do know a thing or two about investments, ect. despite the fact I am not even in college yet.
I'm sorry to break your heart kiddo but as of right not you aren't street smart or book smart. Maybe you'll be smarter when you're more mature. You are just another Asian. Being an Asian myself, I can tell you that 8 out of 10 asian out there who attened HS in this country will take AP classes and pass them without any problems. Hell, I came here when I was 14, spoke no English, went straight to a Freshman class, took AP classes within couple of semesters, and graduated in the top 5% of my classes. If you are booksmart, you would take that 45K and invest it, save it for the rainy days while you're in college or whenever you need it, mom and dad wont' be there for you forever. If you're street smart, you wouldn't be bragging about mom & dad paid for your car. Now a lot of people hating on you just because of that. What do you get out of it for that statement? Nothing, I haven't seen anyone say anything positive about you in this thread.