IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Pot hole VS Sevas s22!!!!!PICS ADDED!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-08, 09:00 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kromekicks
i'm thinking bout buying some s-star 19" sevas, does anybody know if they're defective. i'm trying to find out if they were discontinued because of poor quality or just an old style. i've read a few posts about the s-22 cracking under normal driving conditions and would like some further light shone on this. thanks
I have a set of S-Stars on my wife's car...been on there for 2 years. No problems at all. In fact, I'd have to say they are better than most wheels because wifey has banged then several times and they haven't bent or broken. One has a serious nick that would have neccesitated removal of most wheels but it is still prefectly round.
Don't believe the hype that Sevas is crap. Lot's of people around here are just like parrots, they repeat what they hear without any personal experience, research or common sense thought. It's popular around here to rag on any wheel that doesn't cost an arm/leg/kidney. The trip is that many of those high cost wheels wouldn't hold up nearly as well as my Sevas has....and I say that from personal experience. I have had both high and low cost wheels. DO your own research and this is the last place to ask for information. Ask Derrick at D2 or some other wheel professional, not internet parrots.
Old 11-09-08, 11:44 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yikes! Sorry about your rim....damn potholes!
Old 11-10-08, 08:54 AM
suorum
Pole Position

Ouch!! At least it did not cause you to loose the control of the car and end up over whatever was around you.
Warranty should for sure cover this....GOOD LUCK!!
Old 11-10-08, 11:21 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by suorum
Ouch!! At least it did not cause you to loose the control of the car and end up over whatever was around you.
Warranty should for sure cover this....GOOD LUCK!!
To whom are you talking to? You obviously didn't read the thread. The issue ocurred a long time ago to a guy with a BMW 7 series. I haven't had any problems with my Sevas wheels.
Old 11-10-08, 05:39 PM
Kromekicks
Rookie

preciate it ice350, i think ima go ahead and get em. all four are 19'' by 8.5'' (thing is i don't want the staggered look) i don't know if 8.5 will give it a "full" look. and so here's my dilemma. i'm wondering if i should just go for 9'' wide. what does anybody think!?
Old 11-11-08, 04:28 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kromekicks
preciate it ice350, i think ima go ahead and get em. all four are 19'' by 8.5'' (thing is i don't want the staggered look) i don't know if 8.5 will give it a "full" look. and so here's my dilemma. i'm wondering if i should just go for 9'' wide. what does anybody think!?
I have 8.5 width all around too. It looks pretty good, it has a 2 1/2 inch lip so it's got the look. It will be fine.
Old 11-11-08, 06:55 AM
maxnix
Driver

Cheap wheels and cheap tires do not belong on any car that is driven on public roads.

OZ Racing, BBS, Fikse, Rays forged wheels are stronger, and some of their cast are OK also.

HRE, while expensive, are crap quality. Ask any racer who has used them. SSR will bend, but not fail catastrophically.

To see who is a poseur manufacturer and who is for real, start by observing organized racing, especially at the international level. In F1, you don't see any second tier or lower wheel manufacturers. One must know weight and strength of any wheel, proper offset and hubcentricity (or at least strong metal adapter rings) and have TUV certification.
Old 11-11-08, 08:26 AM
andyboy
Lead Lap

holy hell that's nuts. good thing you're safe!
Old 11-11-08, 09:38 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by maxnix
Cheap wheels and cheap tires do not belong on any car that is driven on public roads.

OZ Racing, BBS, Fikse, Rays forged wheels are stronger, and some of their cast are OK also.

HRE, while expensive, are crap quality. Ask any racer who has used them. SSR will bend, but not fail catastrophically.

To see who is a poseur manufacturer and who is for real, start by observing organized racing, especially at the international level. In F1, you don't see any second tier or lower wheel manufacturers. One must know weight and strength of any wheel, proper offset and hubcentricity (or at least strong metal adapter rings) and have TUV certification.
You didn't include Enkei and TSW...companies with racing history but many members around here put down saying they don't belong on a Lexus because of their relatively low cost.
Old 11-11-08, 10:22 AM
Kromekicks
Rookie

i just wanna look good and not have to spend a whole lot of money. i'm by no means rich. i ordered them and will post pics as soon as i get them on. thanks!
Old 11-22-08, 05:43 PM
Kromekicks
Rookie

got my rims and they look good
Old 05-25-09, 08:28 AM
acurazinee
Driver School Candidate

no that is all pothole. that must been a mean *** pothole. the same exact thing happened to me. at first i thought it was just a dent in the rim..after it happened, my car started to vibrate and i pulled over thinking it was a dent in the rim + a flat tire.
but when i finally saw it in daylight, the rim was cracked exactly like yours.
Old 05-25-09, 10:14 AM
nmpeter
Pole Position

I've heard a lot of bad things about Sevas.
Old 05-25-09, 10:15 AM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nmpeter
I've heard a lot of bad things about Sevas.
They are no longer around due to issues like this!
Old 05-25-09, 10:33 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So Sevas rest in peace...

Quick Reply: Pot hole VS Sevas s22!!!!!PICS ADDED!