IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Wow, hate on Lexus drivers

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-07, 12:11 PM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow, hate on Lexus drivers

I've posted before about problems like this. Last time some dude in a jacked up F350 rammed me merging onto the freeway ($2000 damage, and he did it on purpose). A few days back I was minding my own business in the front of a turn lane off a local freeway. Made the turn and started heading up the road at near the speed limit of 35 (I was probably doing 40). I look back and I have a Chevy pickup with 2 young "punk" looking dudes in it ridding my butt. Long story short, they guys start getting aggressive so I switch to "avoidance" mode and actually start turning onto roads I don’t need to be traveling on (more roundabout way to get home), they start following me around. Of course I’m using the superior advantage of speed to stay in front of them (not even allowing them to get next to me on 2 lane roads). They are clearly disgruntled behind me. At one point I thought they were going strait as I turned right onto a freeway. I turned onto a freeway, traveled 5 miles down in and got in a turn lane off thinking they were long gone. Took the turn and next thing I know they had indeed decided to follow me and had gotten next to me at high rate and slammed over in front of me, spitting on the car as they did.

Funny, I really have no idea what caused this considering we were all in rush hour traffic in almost the entire event.

Friggen weird.

Had I seen them following me on that longer route, I would have dialed 911 on my cell.
Old 08-09-07, 12:21 PM
davidbenji
Pole Position

is it possible you used your superior speed and accidentally cut them off? I find it odd that people would do that for no reason. But that sucks that it did happen.
Old 08-09-07, 12:29 PM
italiandud
Lead Lap

wow if they did that for no reason, that is so cruel and stupid, those people need to learn about respect or something, wow
Old 08-09-07, 12:47 PM
SonnyIs350
Pole Position

^^^^ Sorry to hear but there are so many jealous *******s out these days.And if u ever notice they come in cars with at least 2 in with them of course against 1 in the other vehicle. Bunch of chicken ****** cowards is what they r.
Old 08-09-07, 12:49 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow.. I just dont know what to say about all the you have said there...
Old 08-09-07, 01:00 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh_gL7Az53o
Old 08-09-07, 01:39 PM
k_dizzle
Pole Position

all i gotta say is jealousy and envy.
Old 08-09-07, 01:40 PM
rmargiotta
Driver School Candidate

I traded my Tundra in for my 350, and I swear now that I drive a car, I get home every day and I look all around my car for a huge sticker that says, "PLEASE CUT ME OFF!"
Old 08-09-07, 01:59 PM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
I traded my Tundra in for my 350, and I swear now that I drive a car, I get home every day and I look all around my car for a huge sticker that says, "PLEASE CUT ME OFF!"
What did you do? Always cutting people off?
Old 08-09-07, 02:12 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by y2ks2k
I've posted before about problems like this. Last time some dude in a jacked up F350 rammed me merging onto the freeway ($2000 damage, and he did it on purpose). A few days back I was minding my own business in the front of a turn lane off a local freeway. Made the turn and started heading up the road at near the speed limit of 35 (I was probably doing 40). I look back and I have a Chevy pickup with 2 young "punk" looking dudes in it ridding my butt. Long story short, they guys start getting aggressive so I switch to "avoidance" mode and actually start turning onto roads I don’t need to be traveling on (more roundabout way to get home), they start following me around. Of course I’m using the superior advantage of speed to stay in front of them (not even allowing them to get next to me on 2 lane roads). They are clearly disgruntled behind me. At one point I thought they were going strait as I turned right onto a freeway. I turned onto a freeway, traveled 5 miles down in and got in a turn lane off thinking they were long gone. Took the turn and next thing I know they had indeed decided to follow me and had gotten next to me at high rate and slammed over in front of me, spitting on the car as they did.

Funny, I really have no idea what caused this considering we were all in rush hour traffic in almost the entire event.

Friggen weird.

Had I seen them following me on that longer route, I would have dialed 911 on my cell.
You should have driven to the nearest police station and have the stalkers arrested......
Old 08-09-07, 02:24 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

road rage is all round you. the best thing to do is not pay attention to them. when you run, you challenge them. they will respond in kind to your "challenge" and it might turn ugly. i'm pretty sure you didn't just outrun them, more like a road race, huh?
Old 08-09-07, 02:40 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
Lol I think that was staged, I would have shot the guy's tires.
Old 08-09-07, 02:46 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Scenario: Hey dude look it's some fa6 in one of them new lexusesus... Let's go and take a look at what kind of a$$wipe drives a ghey car like that! DUDE DID YOU SEE THAT he's takin off.. trying to get away! LOL chase him dude chase him!!! AWE fock.. he's fast! Mannnnn you let a fa6 beat you.. hah hah hah.. (red faced and looking over) finally got him.. HOKk TOOEEE.. piece of *****!!! That'll teach him!!! ... dude you still got beat by a fa6... grrrrr lol

That's pretty much how it went I think..
Old 08-09-07, 02:56 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kickin8
You should have driven to the nearest police station and have the stalkers arrested......
Good idea, I would've done this too, that'll teach them a lesson.
Old 08-09-07, 03:00 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, that's worse than my Bimmer incident. A guy in a white 07 3 series challenged me on the 101. Really bad idea though, but I beat him. He resorted to flipping me off and cutting in front of me, along with honking and almost taking out my front right bumper and some old couple in a Benz. Some people are just ridic.

Quick Reply: Wow, hate on Lexus drivers