IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Soon to be IS 350 owner in Florida

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-07, 09:48 PM
Prowlerjm
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Soon to be IS 350 owner in Florida

Hi all, I've been lurking this forum for a few weeks now, and have found it to be a wealth of info.

I've decided on the IS over the G37, and the 335. I just can't get enough of how classy it is, and yet how tough it is under the exterior. Also, the interior creature comforts are great!

Anyway, I am pretty sure I want to get it with the Navi (non-ML) in Obsidian.

The one dealer near me keeps telling me that black/black is extremely rare, also they are trying to charge way more than others in the state.

Best offer I've gotten so far is 37.5 + TTL (including all dealer fees) so that would mean that it'd be around 40k out the door after everything.

I have thought about waiting for '08 , but they tell me I'll be paying close to sticker for it, and since their are hardly any changes, I don't really think its worth the extra money, besides I plan on keeping the car for a while (at least 5 years.)

I am pretty happy with that price I was offered, but do you guys think I can do better? At this point, I'm just waiting for the dealer to get the model I want in. The supply is really meager at this point! Thanks guys.

Also, would the black IS 350 owners care to share any pictures and comments?

What do the black sapphire owners think of their color compared to the obsidian. That is my second choice if any, because I'm intrigued how it looks blue in the light, and black at night. Anyway, any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

P.S. What vanity plates do the Florida drivers have to match their colors?

I'll probably be getting a University of Florida one. Go Gators!
Old 08-09-07, 10:43 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope you get your car real soon. Obsidian on Black is popular, but definately widely available.

You can probably get a better price, but if you're o.k. with it, sometimes it's worth avoiding the hassle.

Good luck!
Old 08-09-07, 11:45 PM
dspIS250
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have black sapphire and it's the best factory color i have seen for ME. i considered getting obsidian only if i could get one used for a lot cheaper. the used cars were hardly any less so i went with a new one. i wanted a different color than what bmw, mercedes, and infiniti drivers had so i went with the black sapphire. it changes color based on the time of day more than a color like plain black or white. it looks the most like a custom paint job of any factory color i have seen. also, 37.5k doesn't sound bad for a 350.
Old 08-10-07, 01:10 AM
Fiko18
Lexus Test Driver

welcome to the club
Old 08-10-07, 01:43 AM
boneStock
Driver School Candidate

Where are you buying from? I got a great deal at JM lexus in margate and I've been getting great service as well.

Also, I have a FSU plate. Go Noles!
Old 08-10-07, 04:40 AM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dspIS250
i have black sapphire and it's the best factory color i have seen for ME. i considered getting obsidian only if i could get one used for a lot cheaper. the used cars were hardly any less so i went with a new one. i wanted a different color than what bmw, mercedes, and infiniti drivers had so i went with the black sapphire. it changes color based on the time of day more than a color like plain black or white. it looks the most like a custom paint job of any factory color i have seen. also, 37.5k doesn't sound bad for a 350.
I agree 100%. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE black too (my mustang is black), but the blue on the IS looks almost as good as black and doesn't as many of the "issues" as a black car does...although it is close

Last edited by mikes rx; 08-10-07 at 04:57 AM.
Old 08-10-07, 05:35 AM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

that blue sapphire is basically black to most people. I have a black one and its the worse to maintain. You see every single imperfection. If you can find a white/black...thats the way to go.

If you want a great deal..south florida would be the place to find it. Every other city in florida has a monopoly on the Lexus dealerships...ie one in the city or two owned by the same guy.

bTW I have a Gator Plate and looks great on Black.
Old 08-10-07, 07:11 AM
Prowlerjm
Driver School Candidate

Can someone post pics of a Black Sapphire under various lighting conditions? Is it that much easier to maintain?

Also, what kinda prices can I expect at JM Lexus for this car?
Old 08-10-07, 10:00 AM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

Depends who has the car in stock. The 350 is pretty rare to find on lots especially with options on it.

S. Florida or Pembroke Pines might give you a deal...they are owned by the same guy.

Havent heard many deals come out of Kendall or W. Kendall.
Old 08-10-07, 02:14 PM
Prowlerjm
Driver School Candidate

I like how Lexus of Orlando doesn't charge a stupid dealer fee
Old 08-10-07, 07:30 PM
GOBUCS
Driver

Don't just go with the Lexus Dealer nearest to you. I found the car I wanted at the best price and drove the extra miles to pick it up. I got mine at Wilde Lexus of Sarasota thru the internet sales, which was the most painless car purchase I have ever made. Also, check out JM Lexus for the best inventory in the state, and maybe the world according to them.

Good Luck
Old 08-10-07, 09:59 PM
sueszo
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I, too bought my IS at Wilde Lexus of Sarasota. The price I got was great but they kill you on their dealer fees.. I like that Scanlon Lexus doesn't charge a dealer fee ( I found this out after I bought my car). Good luck!
Old 08-10-07, 10:33 PM
DropTopGal
Lead Lap

JM Lexus and Palm Beach Lexus are tops. I ordered my 08 IS350 from JM Lexus. The internet sales rep was great, her name is Cindy D. Fair price, no BS, right to the point, deal was done in 30 minutes.
Old 08-10-07, 11:53 PM
Prowlerjm
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DropTopGal
JM Lexus and Palm Beach Lexus are tops. I ordered my 08 IS350 from JM Lexus. The internet sales rep was great, her name is Cindy D. Fair price, no BS, right to the point, deal was done in 30 minutes.
Would you mind telling me what you paid for the model in your signature that you ordered? The dealer I spoke to told me there would be hardly any discount on a new 2008. Of course, I realize he was probably selling me a story. Thanks.
Old 08-10-07, 11:56 PM
DropTopGal
Lead Lap

Mid-40 for t.t.t. and all options. I found that on the IS250, deals are to be had. For the IS350, 1k-2k over invoice and split the difference between cost and retail for the options installed was the going price. Fair enough for me.

Quick Reply: Soon to be IS 350 owner in Florida