IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Taste of Lexus coupon?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-07, 02:56 PM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GNG
Do you think his invoice is right? I get confused as I hear there are actually two invoices - the fake one they show you, and the real one which places like Consumers Reports sell to you for $16. Plus all the back end incentives that you don't hear about. Do prices really fluctuate based on supply month to month? This dealer, who is really a nice guy, is telling me that they don't have as many IS' right now so the prices went up $500. Heck, I'll wait for a 2008 then if that's the case. How do you guys negotiate? I know I can just pull a number out of the hat (ie: "I won't pay over $32K out the door"), but there has to be a more accurate way to get a great deal that's fair to both parties.
Print out a KBB report, then bring it to the dealership. That should be enough proof on what the invoice really is. KBB and Edmunds are pretty close if not the same with their invoice price so that should be close to it. prices only went up on the '08's not '07's so I honestly think they are just trying to get more money out of you. If they really won't budge on the price, another dealership might and definitely worth a shot.
Old 08-10-07, 03:14 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GNG
How long before the coupon arrives? I am waitlisted for LA for Aug 24th. I've heard a couple of weeks, and a couple of months. Anyone in the recent Taste have any insight on how long it takes?
i went there last year and didnt get the coupon until oct/nov
Old 08-10-07, 05:04 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The true pricing is as follows:

MSRP: $35,291

invoice: $31,235

2007 IS250 premium package with "18 tires and HID - no nav, lev, or spoiler

Please don't use those Edmunds and KBB invoices as they have never been very accurate. Plus do you see the how the other dealer packed in about $600 and lied about the invoice? I wouldn't go back there no matter what.

It's true you can get some below invoice deals on any 250 as that's what all the dealers have on their lots right now.

Try giving Peter Kong a call at Lexus of Glendale 818.507.1300, kinda far from you but he doesn't bull about pricing and he will flatbed the car right to your house so you don't have to drive 2 hours up to LA to pick it up. I got my car from him last year and he gets right down to business.
Old 08-10-07, 05:18 PM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

^^^ How much did you get yours from Peter Kong if you don't mind me asking?
Old 08-10-07, 06:11 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by rfx45
^^^ How much did you get yours from Peter Kong if you don't mind me asking?
Sorry I'm not disclosing that, but I got an excellent deal right off the bat and didn't have to haggle back and forth. I was in and out in less than an hour.
Old 08-10-07, 08:48 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GNG
How long before the coupon arrives? I am waitlisted for LA for Aug 24th. I've heard a couple of weeks, and a couple of months. Anyone in the recent Taste have any insight on how long it takes?
Got it September 29th last year. Don't remember when the event was...

the email is quoted below.

Thank you for taking the time to attend Taste of Lexus. We would like to help you extend your pursuit of the perfect drive by presenting you with a gift certificate entitling you to the purchase or lease of a new 2006/2007 Lexus.

Please click here to view your personalized online gift certificate. You will be limited to two opportunities to access this offer so, make sure you are ready to print when viewing your gift certificate.

We invite you to take this gift certificate to your local Lexus dealer and experience the world-class luxury, styling and performance of Lexus vehicles.

Make your best deal, then present your gift certificate to any participating Lexus dealer by 12/27/2006 and receive $750 toward your new 2006/2007 Lexus (excluding 2007 LS 460). We hope that you will take advantage of this exclusive benefit available only to Taste of Lexus guests.

Sincerely,

Deborah Meyer
Vice President Marketing
Lexus
Old 08-10-07, 09:03 PM
mrtrance
Driver

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
The true pricing is as follows:

MSRP: $35,291

invoice: $31,235

2007 IS250 premium package with "18 tires and HID - no nav, lev, or spoiler

Please don't use those Edmunds and KBB invoices as they have never been very accurate. Plus do you see the how the other dealer packed in about $600 and lied about the invoice? I wouldn't go back there no matter what.

It's true you can get some below invoice deals on any 250 as that's what all the dealers have on their lots right now.

Try giving Peter Kong a call at Lexus of Glendale 818.507.1300, kinda far from you but he doesn't bull about pricing and he will flatbed the car right to your house so you don't have to drive 2 hours up to LA to pick it up. I got my car from him last year and he gets right down to business.
I get $30,892 as invoice. Edmunds and KBB in my opinion are pretty much correct with the pricing. Where do you get your invoice price?
Old 08-10-07, 11:53 PM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

^^^ I also agree that Edmunds and KBB is pretty accurate. I would trust them more than what the dealer say since the dealership would do anything to get as much money as possible. The dealership saying that the car has a higher invoice would make the buyer feel good with the deal if they believe they are paying invoice when in actuality they are still paying a couple of grand higher than invoice.

Plus it never hurts to bring in a KBB report to the dealership when trying to make a deal and start from there.
Old 08-11-07, 06:39 AM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mrtrance
I get $30,892 as invoice. Edmunds and KBB in my opinion are pretty much correct with the pricing. Where do you get your invoice price?
Generally I find KBB to be correct, but they've always gotten the IS pricing wrong. They list the HID as MSRP $720 when it's clear $875 on the Lexus site and window sticker.

Plus, KBB doesn't include the regional advertising charge that the dealer will insist as part of his invoice and will cling on to that. So when a dealer tells you 1000 over invoice, it's probably like 1400 on KBB. Just a fact of the business right now...
Old 08-11-07, 10:33 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by mrtrance
I got it from a Lexus factory invoice.
Old 08-11-07, 11:34 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by sirkfc
Plus, KBB doesn't include the regional advertising charge that the dealer will insist as part of his invoice and will cling on to that. So when a dealer tells you 1000 over invoice, it's probably like 1400 on KBB. Just a fact of the business right now...
I dont think YOU are supposed to pay for THEIR advertising charge...
Old 08-12-07, 07:12 AM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kickin8
I dont think YOU are supposed to pay for THEIR advertising charge...
Yes, it's a big philosophical point with me, but it's starting to be a losing battle so I just internalize the amount in my offer from now on and offer just a number....

Just ask to see the invoice at any car dealer. They'll all insist that's a part of the variable cost of the car...
Old 08-12-07, 08:59 AM
asianfob
Rookie

you only get under invoice easily for the 250s in cali...cause they are overstocked...
Old 08-18-07, 03:52 PM
mrtrance
Driver

Originally Posted by asianfob
you only get under invoice easily for the 250s in cali...cause they are overstocked...

It's seems to be getting hard to get much under invoice right now for the IS250 in SoCal. They aren't doing the $1200-$1500 under invoice like they were back a few months ago. If anyone is able to score a great deal right now in SoCal please post so that I can contact that dealership as well.
Old 09-15-07, 05:29 PM
sportsfan8
Pole Position

I just got a $750 off coupon for going to the Taste of Lexus this year. Anybody else get theirs? Unfortunately, we bought our IS350 in July. You think I can bargain with the dealer, use it for service, some accessories? Refund check from corporate?

Quick Reply: Taste of Lexus coupon?