IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Is the ISx50 a girl'scar?
Yes
13.73%
No
62.75%
kinda
23.53%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

The ISx50 a girls car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-08, 09:21 PM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a girl.
Old 04-08-08, 02:05 AM
jns350
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche 4 wife...IS 4 me...

Originally Posted by Zeus69
I was in mixed company at a dinner party this evening and the conversation among a few guys (most of whom I didn't know) drifted toward automobiles. One guy in particular (who proudly revealed he owned a Porche and a Hummer) made a point of asking each person what they drove.

When asked, I answered "A Lexus". "What kind?" he followed. "An IS350" I said. To which he exclaimed, "Dude, that's a girls car!... Give it to your wife." At first, I thought I'd be offended, but it honestly rolled right off my back. "Good to know, I'll make a note... ," I told him.

I've been so happy with my first month of IS350 ownership that not much of anything could get under my skin regarding this car. Has anyone else had their ISx50 referred to as a "chick mobile"? What kind of exchange did it lead to?
Funny.......I insisted that my wife get the Porsche.....and I'll pick up a IS350..
did I miss the memo......???Maxim magazine article...??? I could have sworn I made the right choice....I should haved pick up on my surroundings at the Porsche dealer...when we picked up our car that day.....All dudes with a cigar,smoking jacket,2 blondes on each arms,all while dangling their porsche crests keys with their pinkey finger...but then I handed over the key to my wife and called SHOTGUN!!!!! whoosh right over my head????? Guess I missed that one coming.
Old 04-08-08, 02:12 AM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no offense but i'll take the Porsche (except for boxter) anytime for the IS350.....uhmmm especially the Cayenne GTS....
Old 04-08-08, 05:33 AM
tukai
Driver

Whenever I see other people driving an IS i just think that they have great taste also
Old 04-08-08, 07:55 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Does it make any difference? Just look at the BMW 328i vs 335i, I would suspect you'll see a similar proportion of M-F ownership. Lexus is smart, if they can get women interested in a Lexus at an early age they have a shot at keeping them in the fold as they get older (ES, RX, LS). I have no problem with women driving any Lexus. In the case of the IS250 it shows the product is perceived by younger people as an acceptable way to express their 'coolness'. I'd rather have that then have a vehicle that is considered 'square'. As Lexus develops the IS-F and LF-A lines I'm sure men are the primary market, but a few women will jump into one. It's all good for everyone in the long run.
Very nice reflection on confident marketing.
Old 04-08-08, 07:57 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ldc
Tell me this is not a girl on this pimp ride?

By far the best post in this thread hands down!!!!
Old 04-08-08, 10:49 AM
vistorQ
Pole Position

Default he difference is

Originally Posted by ldc
Is there a difference between 250 and 350 exteriorily speaking? If not, than whoever say the 250 is a girls car and 350 is a male's car is retarded.

As some already mentioned, there is no distinguishing between power of a car with gender of driver. If anything color would be the best indicator.
the difference is that on the back of my car it says IS350 a.k.a " got ***** "
and most women don't have *****.

is your car pink?
Old 04-08-08, 10:59 AM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

Originally Posted by vistorQ
the difference is that on the back of my car it says IS350 a.k.a " got ***** "
and most women don't have *****.

is your car pink?

Ya, I’m gonna have to agree. In my 20 years of being a car enthusiast the clear trend is that cars like the IS which has a broad appeal to both sexs are usually clearly split with the primary driver. Males clearly usually buy the more powerful model, no doubt about it. If a female is driving the more powerful model, its usually because their husband was the primary decision maker. As with most statistics it absolutely true that there’s exceptions to the rule.

Just look at my parking lot. Theres 4 IS's in it now. The 2 guys have IS350s and the 2 girls have IS250's.

I would purpose a sociological study that proves that there is a direct relation with testosterone and the power of a car.
Old 04-08-08, 12:00 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by y2ks2k
Ya, I’m gonna have to agree. In my 20 years of being a car enthusiast the clear trend is that cars like the IS which has a broad appeal to both sexs are usually clearly split with the primary driver. Males clearly usually buy the more powerful model, no doubt about it. If a female is driving the more powerful model, its usually because their husband was the primary decision maker. As with most statistics it absolutely true that there’s exceptions to the rule.

Just look at my parking lot. Theres 4 IS's in it now. The 2 guys have IS350s and the 2 girls have IS250's.

I would purpose a sociological study that proves that there is a direct relation with testosterone and the power of a car.
Perhaps this would provide a dissertation potential in a field study focussing on the scientific or systematic study of societies view on gender and ISX50 model purchase. There you have it, I provided the leg work on your Ph.D.
Old 04-08-08, 12:43 PM
vistorQ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Brian231
Perhaps this would provide a dissertation potential in a field study focussing on the scientific or systematic study of societies view on gender and ISX50 model purchase. There you have it, I provided the leg work on your Ph.D.
is that Player Haters Degree?
Old 04-08-08, 12:54 PM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

Originally Posted by Brian231
Against my better will I admit that I have a minor in Sociology (with my computer science degree) and actually only needed 3 class's for a double bach in it. So Ill be the first to quote my Sociology professors (with PHD's) who said "A degree in Sociology is absolutely worthless unless you plan on teaching it"

Always thought that was great.
Old 04-08-08, 01:01 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by y2ks2k
Against my better will I admit that I have a minor in Sociology (with my computer science degree) and actually only needed 3 class's for a double bach in it. So Ill be the first to quote my Sociology professors (with PHD's) who said "A degree in Sociology is absolutely worthless unless you plan on teaching it"

Always thought that was great.
Yes that is true. Also, also I think you can obtain a job doing research statistics (LOL).
Old 04-08-08, 01:03 PM
maximussp
Lead Lap

The ISx50 is def. a females car. Sorry, but its like comparing the c class to the e class. Females love the car (also to drive).

A great way to attract females.

Last edited by maximussp; 04-08-08 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-04-11, 02:55 PM
phatjoe
8th Gear

Default I hate to ask "Is the IS250 a girlie car"?

Hello,

So I spoke to a few friends today and conducted a few searches on the web because I'm debating between a 2008 328xi or a IS250 awd. More often than not, it has been mentioned that the IS250 is a girlie car. Now, I'm not one to label cars, but it was pretty overwhelming to hear that statement again and again.

Has anyone experienced this? Do you consider it a girlie car?

I hope this post doesnt' upset anyone, it's just something I heard/read a lot today.

Thanks,
P
Old 08-04-11, 03:00 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Every car in the same class as the IS such as the 3-series, C-class, and A4 have many younger girls driving it. However, I wouldn't call it a girlie car but but I see no one but girls driving the IS250 here in Chicago. Whenever I see another IS250 on the road, 90% of the time, it's a girl. One of the reasons why I bought an IS350, they're rare in Chicago and I've only seen one girl driving one ever. Girlie cars are the VW Beetle, Eclipse, and smaller cars like them IMO.

Quick Reply: The ISx50 a girls car?