IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Should I wait til end of month or buy now???

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-07, 05:45 PM
mrtrance
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I wait til end of month or buy now???

I need to get a new car within the next 2 weeks since my lease expires end of the month. Question is since right now it's still early in the month and dealers are not too motivated to move the remaining 07 IS250's, should I wait til the last weekend to make a deal happen? Or should just stick with my price and start the negotiating now? One of the sales rep told me that if I waited for 2 weeks then the discounts would not be there? Is that true? Wouldn't it be the opposite since the more they have left the better the discounts would be for the 07's since 08's are coming soon. He said that when they get around 20 vehicles left the discount will become less. Any truth to that? So far Longo Lexus has quoted me over the phone a price of $32600 for a IS250 with MSRP of $37,891. I'm hoping to get it for 3$31000+TTL. I know I will be able to get it around $31,800 but if wait is there a chance the discount can where I want to be. Any thoughts??
Old 08-13-07, 06:02 PM
asianfob
Rookie

You should be able to get it that price... I personally don't like longo... they lied to me numerous times and whatnot. Maybe you should calling other dealers too.
Old 08-13-07, 06:06 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you find what you want for the price that you're willing to buy, go for it. I would just tell them what I am willing to pay, and get it done right there and then. Keep it simple; get the deal done in one day.

Less hassle saves $$$ for the dealer and yourself...
Old 08-13-07, 06:17 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hit them with the price you want to pay and see if they will play ball. If they don't you'll have to judge whether to wait them out or go elsewhere. Lexus dealers aren't going to get 'desperate' towards the end of the month as the 2008's start coming in, so your negotiating power by waiting isn't as strong as you think.
Old 08-13-07, 11:25 PM
ponickka
Driver School Candidate

what package are you getting along with the is250? im in search of a great deal in so cal also.
Old 08-14-07, 12:07 AM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

I got the best deal out of Glendale Lexus
even Longo couldn't beat it!
Old 08-14-07, 12:50 AM
mrtrance
Driver

Originally Posted by SeOuLiS250
I got the best deal out of Glendale Lexus
even Longo couldn't beat it!
Can you tell us what options you got and what kind of price you got? Today I got a quote from Longo for IS250 with Premium/NAV for $32,600 right off the bat. This was with no negotiations. I'm trying to get one with Premium/NAV/XM for $31,500 + TTL. I know others have gotten the one w/o XM for $31,800 a few months back. And with just the premium pkg you can probably get it for $29K. I've been trying to email/phone so many dealers lately.
Old 08-14-07, 08:28 AM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ Tell them that you are serious about buying the car today. Thats what I did and I actually started getting qoutes over the phone. Before I would say I'm looking for a good price and did not specifically say I would buy, I just implied it. Longo, so far has been a great dealership. The IS250 you're looking for should be doable at around $34,500 OTD or better.

Good luck.
Old 08-14-07, 08:28 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mrtrance
I need to get a new car within the next 2 weeks since my lease expires end of the month. Question is since right now it's still early in the month and dealers are not too motivated to move the remaining 07 IS250's, should I wait til the last weekend to make a deal happen? Or should just stick with my price and start the negotiating now? One of the sales rep told me that if I waited for 2 weeks then the discounts would not be there? Is that true? Wouldn't it be the opposite since the more they have left the better the discounts would be for the 07's since 08's are coming soon. He said that when they get around 20 vehicles left the discount will become less. Any truth to that? So far Longo Lexus has quoted me over the phone a price of $32600 for a IS250 with MSRP of $37,891. I'm hoping to get it for 3$31000+TTL. I know I will be able to get it around $31,800 but if wait is there a chance the discount can where I want to be. Any thoughts??
if you are not REALLY in a hurry...why not?

I got mine the last day of the month and the dealer is willing to take another $500 off the price to meet their quota....
Old 08-14-07, 08:32 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

I say always wait till the end. Thats when they are most desperate!

Last edited by PhilipMSPT; 08-14-07 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-14-07, 08:52 AM
Magellan
Lead Lap

There’s another option you may want to consider, and that is to extend you lease on a monthly basis. That’s what I’m doing. The lease on my G35 is up this week but I called the Infiniti leasing office a few weeks ago and they have no problem with my going month to month. I’m sure Lexus will do the same. Now I can relax and wait for the ‘08’s with no pressure to make a deal I don’t really want.
Old 08-14-07, 09:14 AM
mrtrance
Driver

Originally Posted by Magellan
There’s another option you may want to consider, and that is to extend you lease on a monthly basis. That’s what I’m doing. The lease on my G35 is up this week but I called the Infiniti leasing office a few weeks ago and they have no problem with my going month to month. I’m sure Lexus will do the same. Now I can relax and wait for the ‘08’s with no pressure to make a deal I don’t really want.
The problem with extending the lease by another 3 months is that I have to pay the registeration fees and then when I get another vehicle in 3 months pay another registeration. I want to avoid that if possible. I always think end of the month is usually best time to buy due to them needing to meet quotas.
Old 08-14-07, 09:47 AM
Magellan
Lead Lap

The problem with extending the lease by another 3 months is that I have to pay the registeration fees and then when I get another vehicle in 3 months pay another registeration. I want to avoid that if possible. I always think end of the month is usually best time to buy due to them needing to meet quotas.
I’m not sure what you mean. My lease extension has no additional fees. I just pay my normal monthly amount with the annual mileage pro-rated monthly.
Old 08-14-07, 10:33 AM
mrtrance
Driver

Originally Posted by Magellan
I’m not sure what you mean. My lease extension has no additional fees. I just pay my normal monthly amount with the annual mileage pro-rated monthly.

Annual DMV registeration fees.
Old 08-14-07, 11:18 AM
Magellan
Lead Lap

Annual DMV registeration fees.
Oh, I see now. I just paid mine, due this month, knowing that I may still have the car in November, or whenever I can actually drive off in the new one. In my case it was just another $219.

Quick Reply: Should I wait til end of month or buy now???