iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YES!!!!!! hahaaha
Old 08-15-07, 09:38 AM
revspeed
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just called up the local dealer (Lexus of Westminster) to make an appointment for this and was told they never heard of it and no one ever complained about it. They also told me they no longer makes appointment, its first come first serve. WTF. They need to hire more smart people and stop playing dumb about tsib

Last edited by revspeed; 08-15-07 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-15-07, 09:56 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by arpan176
while we are on the topic of rearview mirrors (i will be getting this correction done), i was curious if you guys notice the impact of the anti-glare button. i hardly see the difference, wondering if mine is bad or not.
You should definitely notice a difference--especially at dusk, or when a car is behind you at nite. The auto dimming mirror in my last car went bad, and there was no difference in the dimming then.
Old 08-15-07, 09:57 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by revspeed
They also told me they no longer makes appointment, its first come first serve. WTF. They need to hire more smart people and stop playing dumb.
That's just insane. Maybe a customer picked up the phone and was messing with you...
Old 08-15-07, 10:07 AM
taze
Driver School Candidate

that sound exactly like westminster service... try tustin or cerritos
Old 08-15-07, 01:13 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by arpan176
while we are on the topic of rearview mirrors (i will be getting this correction done), i was curious if you guys notice the impact of the anti-glare button. i hardly see the difference, wondering if mine is bad or not.
One of the first mods I did on my previous 2 cars that came with non-auto-dim mirrors was to install one. The difference is very very noticable. If you don't see a difference your mirror is probably not working.
Old 08-17-07, 12:10 AM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

My rear view used to shake like a 8.1 earthquake but I never really bothered with getting it fixed since I hardly look in it anyway. But yesterday, I was at the dealership getting my oil changed and I told the service tech about the shaking.

Got my car back today with a brand new rear view mirror and no more 8.1 earthquakes even with the bass cranked all the way up. This quick fix is totally worth doing! I only wish I had it done earlier.
Old 08-17-07, 05:46 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Great info. I'm going to have my mirror replaced asap, as it shakes rather violently with the music turned up.
Old 08-17-07, 07:11 PM
Gtidan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a suggestion but before you race down to the dealer make sure your car's vin # is before the numbers shown on the TSB.......... Or it ain't gonna happen!!!
Old 08-17-07, 07:23 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 107 Posts

Today I had a CD playing that had alot of bass in certain songs, with the Bass in the middle I could see just very faint vibration in the inside rear view mirror, nothing that bothered me at all, but I felt the mirror with my hand and wow the bass really transmits to that mirror. I put it down one notch on the Bass and there was no shaking but if you feel the mirror there is still alot of vibration but at least the mirror doesn't shake.

At least it's good that Lexus is fixing this for it's customers, that's a plus.
Old 08-17-07, 07:27 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
My rear view used to shake like a 8.1 earthquake but I never really bothered with getting it fixed since I hardly look in it anyway. But yesterday, I was at the dealership getting my oil changed and I told the service tech about the shaking.

Got my car back today with a brand new rear view mirror and no more 8.1 earthquakes even with the bass cranked all the way up. This quick fix is totally worth doing! I only wish I had it done earlier.
Good to know! Im getting mines Monday! LOL
Old 08-17-07, 07:48 PM
ajmtbm
Pole Position

does the mirror look different?
is there another attachment point to stabilize?
kudos to lexus for dealing with this.

not sure how the engineers missed it in the 1st place though
Old 08-17-07, 07:58 PM
PMok
Lead Lap

question for you guys that had it done -- do you use the homelink garage door buttons that are built into the mirror? I'm guessing that if you get a new mirror it comes with new homelink unit? Did they transfer the programming to the new mirror?

I was trying to figure this out the last time I took my car in for repair to the driver seat -- it seems they reset some stuff in the body ECU because the memory seats and steering wheel settings were erased, same with dash instrument settings like orange speed light ring, and my radio preset settings, but when I drove home the garage door opener still worked fine. I'm glad it did, because I remember it was a real pain for me to figure out how to program it in the first place...
Old 08-17-07, 08:10 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

I dont wanna lose my speed rings!! Are you serious?? I guess I have to ask this before they proceed.
Old 08-17-07, 09:39 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PMok
question for you guys that had it done -- do you use the homelink garage door buttons that are built into the mirror? I'm guessing that if you get a new mirror it comes with new homelink unit? Did they transfer the programming to the new mirror?
When I complained about the mirror vibration early this year they replaced the whole mirror. I had to reprogram my homelink unit, I don't think it can be transferred.

Quick Reply: Vibrating Rear View Mirror TSIB NV006-07