IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

How common/uncommon are 2IS's in your area?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-07, 09:51 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pisaykotik
For a typical workday, home to work and back plus lunch break, I see about 3-4 IS's. Most if not all are 250s.
same here. I work in the uptown dallas area so I see the run down like this. for every 8 or so 250's I will see 1 350. 99.99999% of the time that 350 owner is a male. I would say about 65% of the time the 250 driver is a female. Of the % of 250 male drivers I do see I would say that they are typically over 40 or they are those type that would normally drive bmw 3 series. That pretty much sums up the demo around where I work and drive.
Old 08-15-07, 09:52 AM
asianfob
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jdanon
They are everywhere here (Westchester-Greenwich area), mostly driven by females in their 30s-60s which kind of surprises me. Never any guys driving them. I see at least 2-3 per day and I only commute 2 miles per day round trip. Someone that works at the local Stop and Shop has the dark grey one because it's there almost every time I go to the store. The most common color is black, though there is one white one and two different red ones in this area. They are all IS250 AWD which is pretty much all you can buy up here. I have yet to see a 350, so I'll probably be the only one with a 350 when I get it later next month.

I guess I should also add that Lexus/BMW/Mercedes/Porsche are kind of the poor man's car here given that we have a Lambo, Lotus, Rolls Royce, Ferrari, Maserati, and Bentley dealership all within a mile of each other so I see those around. The yellow Lambo, Elise, and Ferrari are fairly common. There are a couple of Bentleys in the parking garage of my office right now, and no I don't own either of them. Of the Lexus models I'd say the RX and LS are the most popular. The silver carreras are everywhere around here, so they just blend in the background to me. It's fun to go down and look at a Benz with a $550,000 price tag. Nice stuff that I can never afford.

Seeing super luxury cars and supercars are really common in many californian cities....especially laguana beach(where I live)...you drive into almsot any parking lot and see a car show...
Old 08-15-07, 10:20 AM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by asianfob
Seeing super luxury cars and supercars are really common in many californian cities....especially laguana beach(where I live)...you drive into almsot any parking lot and see a car show...
Must be nice i went to laguna beach over the summer and all i saw was BMW,Lexus, and Mercedes. I would think its one of the richest places ive been too. but i think its one great city, the whole beach was so nice and when i was there it was all clear skys.
Old 08-15-07, 10:47 AM
tmag
Pole Position

As most have said part the appeal of the IS to me was that it wasn't as common as other "luxury" entry level sedans. BMW and Benz are dime a dozen here in San Jose, but lately at least the last couple of weeks I've been seeing them more and more on the road. I probably spot 3-5 per day (drive work & home, gym/lunch).

Originally Posted by Pineapple
Heres the breakdown of what I see everyday in Norcal (San Jose). They are all the most current generation:

2-3 Honda Civic Si
12+ BMW 3 Series
4-5 Nissan 350z
3-4 Infiniti G35 Coupe
6-8 Honda S2000
4-5 Mitsubishi Evo
2-3 2IS'
Hey Pineapple were you on capitol exp today at around 9 am?

Last edited by tmag; 08-15-07 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-15-07, 10:54 AM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Norcal, South San Jose (from Valley fair - Oakridge mall)

2-5 2IS everyday

2-6 3GS everyday

There really common in my area i see the main colors:

TP, STP/GFM,GFM and a few matador red sometimes
Old 08-15-07, 11:49 AM
kindred6ul
Driver

Maybe 1 or 2 a week here in the NYC metro area. Im glad i live so close to Manhattan where nobody really cares about what car you drive.
Old 08-15-07, 12:30 PM
triple_c
Pole Position

Originally Posted by fdelement
i would never close my eyes on the 405 but you get the point.
why not? the 405 is a parking lot anyway, might as well get some sleep in during your daily crawl.

not including mine, there are at least 3 other IS's in the parking lot at my work, and about 6 on the drive home. then there are 3 IS's parked on or near my street.
Old 08-15-07, 12:59 PM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not too many in the northern suburbs of Chicago. I see mayby 2 or 3 a week and they are either silver, gray or white. I just saw a first red one yesterday.
Old 08-15-07, 01:02 PM
lirandy
Pit Crew

Very common, I at least see 3 other IS's every single day since those are from my co-workers. And on the road, I would say I usually see 2 or 3 IS's every day...
Old 08-15-07, 01:05 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

The IS250 is kinda common here in Philly. All of them are AWD though. I've probably seen 8-10 IS350's total in the Philly/NJ area since they first came out. EXTREMELY rare here!!

I was in Socal earlier this year, and the IS seems to be on every corner. I guess thats where they are all going.
Old 08-15-07, 01:14 PM
jcka350
Driver School Candidate

not many in sd. and the ppl driving it are usually old people.
Old 08-15-07, 01:23 PM
kindred6ul
Driver

Originally Posted by jcka350
not many in sd. and the ppl driving it are usually old people.
If that picture is of you in your Avatar you might see 1 more person driving an IS in San Diago.. BTW im not old.
Old 08-15-07, 03:45 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So Cal, San Gabriel Valley.

I see like 1 2IS like every 5 minutes or less.
Old 08-15-07, 04:16 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see my next door neighbor's IS350 every day parked in the space where we share our mailbox post. Our setup is my garage, one car-length curb, his garage. I don't know why he keeps parking in that space, making it more complicated for us to back out our car from our driveway when he has his entire side of his house available to park...

Add to that, he's only washed his car once in the past 8 months, so I get to see his lovely black wheels every day.
Old 08-15-07, 05:46 PM
jdanon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by asianfob
Yeah California definitely has it better weather and beach wise. I've never been there, but every time I watch a show set in California it just looks so nice there. Clean beaches and water, palm trees, warm and sunny with no extreme humidity year round. Very pristine. You guys got it made out there. Greenwich is the hedge fund capital of the world, and Wall Street lives here, but other than the money, well, let's just say we don't have palm trees and the nice weather.

Quick Reply: How common/uncommon are 2IS's in your area?