IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Tungsten Pearl-My 1 Month Review w/ Pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-07, 08:02 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Tungsten Pearl-My 1 Month Review w/ Pics

So it's been about 1 month, here are some pics I took last weekend after I used Zaino on her. I'm addicted to Zaino, first I got her really clean (hey she really already was...only 1 month old and just born in June 2007 picked her up July 2007 ) Z-7 car wash, then Z2, then put 2 coats of the new Z-CS Clear Seal, also have the Z6 to keep it looking nice in between washes. I am really impressed with the new Z-CS product on a new car this stuff makes it shine like crazy. It's hard to show the shine but it's amazing. Zaino really brings out the Pearl in Tungsten. Right now it's been almost a week since I washed her and hardly any dirt, this Zaino seems to help repel the dust and dirt.

Now for my review since owning her. All I can say is I am so happy I waited to get exactly the options I wanted. This car is a dream. I'm finally past the break in period and this baby is fast, I mean the pick up from 0-60 puts a huge grin on my face, the engine is so smooth yet really delivers when you want it. There are just too many things to mention that I am impressed with, mostly the Nav, ML, cooled seats, lexus leather soft yet supportive, the drivers feel of the cockpit, the adaptive headlighting, the rear sunshade, the tilt telescoping steering wheel, I even have to admit the blue-ish Lexus lighting in the front door sills have gotten alot of comments, "that's so cool". Also not bad mileage for brand new, with 70 city and 30 hwy, although I expect that to decline somewhat since I'm now way past breakin...So I am more than happy.

There are a few things that bug me, I need to remember to turn the car off before opening the door, I can't seem to remember that, I hate the chime makes me think I'm forgetting my key when it's in my pocket The light silver strip right below the Nav display they should have made that a different color cause on a bright sunny day it reflects against the Nav screen, I've noticed the windshield gets dirty easily just from being on the hwy for 1 day, Why is there no trip to let you know how many miles you have driven between fill ups or gone on a trip? My SC400 had 2 trips on it an A and B that you could flip between the 2. The average speed option is kinda useless. The Bridgestone Turanza's are actually really nice on smooth roads and you really can't hear them at all however if the roads are rough and not newly paved they are pretty noisy, better tires are always something to look forward to, All this stuff is minor though since I'm still in the honeymoon stage.

This is my wallpaper

Gotta love those FL palm trees

Here are some just as the sun was setting into the car

Old 08-16-07, 08:04 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car....what part of FL you from???
Old 08-16-07, 08:13 PM
goldentek
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry about dumb question, but is it like attenna or something? and can it be add on after purchase the car?
Old 08-16-07, 08:21 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Almost forgot the best part....chocolates from JM Lexus.

Old 08-16-07, 08:27 PM
jackblack7
Pole Position

Your car doesn't have 2 trip odometers?
Old 08-16-07, 08:32 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Ummmm, you do know that there is a button in the gauge cluster that once pressed cycles through your TWO tripometers right? Also its all covered in the manuals which you did read right??? k, just checking

Other than that she looks great!
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Ther.e are two tripmeters. The toggle button is to the left of the display
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

wtf... you got chocolate???
Old 08-16-07, 09:14 PM
iceman1117
Lead Lap

Congarts on the IS...What part of FL are you in? We have meets every now and then and it would be great if we can have another IS join the "family".
Old 08-16-07, 09:29 PM
DropTopGal
Lead Lap

Looking Good!! I've been there before, where your pics were taken. lol
Old 08-16-07, 09:35 PM
andoy
Driver

dayam.. i wanted chocolate too!
Old 08-16-07, 09:40 PM
tmag
Pole Position

I didn't even get an M&M. Nice shots tho. I like the shark fin out of water. dana dana dana.
Old 08-16-07, 10:55 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Gorgeous car and pics!

Did you apply Zaino by hand or with machine? Also do you apply in circular motions or front to back etc?

Do you notice the cooled seats much thought? I wish there were more powerful, barely notice them.
Old 08-17-07, 05:33 AM
MLevinson
Pole Position

I think I found the person who took my IS:

Great looking car - you will enjoy it no doubt. BTW, did you get the IS w/the optional fuel cell:
Originally Posted by Xanadu350
Also not bad mileage for brand new, with 70 city and 30 hwy...
J/K

Last edited by MLevinson; 08-17-07 at 05:37 AM.
Old 08-17-07, 06:55 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Hey thanks everyone, I'm in So FL, will have to catch one of those meets coming up.

ben_r_ and Evitzee, I feel like a total idiot, yes I read the manual but musta missed that big time, I swear I looked but I must have missed it since it's kinda low, looked this morning and walla there it is. I thought it was part of the Disp button on the steering wheel. This is great there ARE 2 trips. Can't believe I went a month thinking there wasn't one

ES3-Zaino by hand, it's worth it.

DropTopGal-you must be going crazy, your car will be here soon. Be sure to post pics.

MLevinson, I think we have twins Ha, your's looks great.

I forgot to mention that Comfort Access is the best I thought I would have a hard time with it since I never had it before...now I can't imagine not having it. Here is a cool key chain that JM Lexus gave me free at delivery, courtesy of Shannon, it pops off on one end great for giving the fob for the service tech at the dealer, does anyone have the cool IS key chain I saw it at the dealer gift shop.

Last edited by Xanadu350; 08-17-07 at 07:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Tungsten Pearl-My 1 Month Review w/ Pics