IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Any recent deals on 07 IS250???

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-07, 04:54 PM
mrtrance
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any recent deals on 07 IS250???

I'm trying to get a 07 IS250 with Premium/NAV/XM (MSRP $38,377) for $31,800+TTL. I've contacted several dealerships and they are telling me that inventory is low now and can't do the deals that others got like a few months back or even 6 months ago. I'm thinking it's end of the model year and deals should be same and even better. Others were mentioning getting this car for $32,000 + TTL a few months back. So do you guys think it's doable for that price? I'm in SoCal. I asked if I waited til end of the month will the deals get better and I was told by one dealership "NO." What do you guys think? Anyone get some recent good deals on this vehicle please post. Thanks.
Old 08-17-07, 08:23 PM
ponickka
Driver School Candidate

^ im trying to get the same deal man..

not having much luck from alot of the dealership..i was trying to get $34k out the door ...but most dealership didnt like that number
Old 08-17-07, 08:34 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Where are you guys located? norcal or socal?
Old 08-17-07, 08:46 PM
mrtrance
Driver

Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
Where are you guys located? norcal or socal?
SoCal. You got some pricing quotes from NorCal? Someone had posted that Bay Area dealerships were doing $1250 under invoice easily. I've emailed those dealers (Pleasanton and Fremont) but they don't seem to give that kind of quote. It seems that recently inventory is not much and the dealerships aren't dealing as aggressive as they did a few months back.

Last edited by mrtrance; 08-17-07 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-17-07, 09:01 PM
patrick415
Driver School Candidate

I recommend emailing the internet sales manager at every dealership within 100 miles of you. Let them know that you are ready to buy and are looking for XYZ package and that you are working with other dealers. It is helpful if you know what is in the competing dealers' inventory. Call around and ask if dealer X has your color/option in stock. Tell dealer Y that you are close to making a deal with X at whatever$ but are looking for a little bit more. They will check their computer and see that dealer X has the car you said they did and will be moree aggressive to make the sale. They can be more aggressive at the end of the month if they need one more car to meet a goal. If they are far from their goal on that model or have already met the goal, they will not be any more aggressive to sell you a car. Keep all emailed quotes as they are a useful negotiating tool. I have forwarded them to competing dealers. I have found that a smart dealer will sell at a lower price the less time they have invested in you. More time spent=more of a personal contest of wills. they want you to break down and pay their price.
Old 08-17-07, 09:11 PM
mrtrance
Driver

Lately a lot dealerships won't even quote you in an email but rather over the phone. I've asked if they could email me quote but they say that I will just shop it around. So it's becoming difficult to really take a quote around now since we can't get one in writing.
Old 08-17-07, 09:18 PM
kennyz7
Driver School Candidate

I got mines about 3 weeks ago through the internet sales manager, Sam from Stevens Creek Lexus in San Jose. Mines was the IS 250 premium package with Navi, price quoted was $31,985. According to him it was about $1300 less than invoice. You may want to give them a shot. Fremont Lexus was willing to offer $1000 less than invoice, but this was from the fleet sales manager, who happened to be a high school buddy of my coworker. All the other lexus dealership didn't want to budge, except Putnam Lexus (Redwood city), they said they might match it, but I would have to come in and discuss with them. So after all that, I just went to San Jose, signed my papers and left with my car in an hour and knowing I got a pretty good deal.

Wow, 31,800 might be pushing it especially with XM. But hey, give it a shot. You have less to choose from, but they should be giving you better deals now that the 08s are rolling in.
Old 08-17-07, 09:26 PM
mrtrance
Driver

Originally Posted by kennyz7
I got mines about 3 weeks ago through the internet sales manager, Sam from Stevens Creek Lexus in San Jose. Mines was the IS 250 premium package with Navi, price quoted was $31,985. According to him it was about $1300 less than invoice. You may want to give them a shot. Fremont Lexus was willing to offer $1000 less than invoice, but this was from the fleet sales manager, who happened to be a high school buddy of my coworker. All the other lexus dealership didn't want to budge, except Putnam Lexus (Redwood city), they said they might match it, but I would have to come in and discuss with them. So after all that, I just went to San Jose, signed my papers and left with my car in an hour and knowing I got a pretty good deal.

Wow, 31,800 might be pushing it especially with XM. But hey, give it a shot. You have less to choose from, but they should be giving you better deals now that the 08s are rolling in.
Did you get that quote after just one email or did you had to haggle a bit to get him to get to that price? So was your MSRP 37,822? Do you have his email that you can PM me?
Old 08-17-07, 09:27 PM
patrick415
Driver School Candidate

Putnam and Stevens Creek were definitely the most aggressive during my shopping experience. Stevens Creek was just better at calling me back when they said they would. They also got the car in first! My IS350 was about $500 over invoice. I am happy with the price and the experience from SC Lexus.
Old 08-17-07, 09:35 PM
mrtrance
Driver

Originally Posted by patrick415
Putnam and Stevens Creek were definitely the most aggressive during my shopping experience. Stevens Creek was just better at calling me back when they said they would. They also got the car in first! My IS350 was about $500 over invoice. I am happy with the price and the experience from SC Lexus.
Who were your contacts at Putnam and Stevens Creek?
Old 08-17-07, 11:22 PM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's weird because there seems to be more IS250's with Navs. When I was looking for an IS250 with just the Premium Package, it seems most of them has Nav so it was extra hard to find exactly what i was looking for.

I also noticed that dealers will take you more seriously over the phone and as long as you said you are serious about buying now. When i called around and told them I was just looking for the best price, no one took me seriously.

mrtance, have you contacted Longo Lexus? They probably have the biggest inventory when it coems to Lexus' so their worth a shot. Are you located in Norcal?
Old 08-17-07, 11:37 PM
mrtrance
Driver

Originally Posted by rfx45
It's weird because there seems to be more IS250's with Navs. When I was looking for an IS250 with just the Premium Package, it seems most of them has Nav so it was extra hard to find exactly what i was looking for.

I also noticed that dealers will take you more seriously over the phone and as long as you said you are serious about buying now. When i called around and told them I was just looking for the best price, no one took me seriously.

mrtance, have you contacted Longo Lexus? They probably have the biggest inventory when it coems to Lexus' so their worth a shot. Are you located in Norcal?
I live in SoCal and I did get an initial quote of $32,600 for Premium/NAV from Longo. But seems that I can do better since the Kennyz7 got same car for $31,985 a few weeks back from Stevens Creek . The quote from Longo was just over the phone. I know another person got a quote from Longo over the phone for $32,500 but when he went to the dealer he was able to do the deal at $31,850 for same options.
Old 08-17-07, 11:43 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mrtrance
I live in SoCal and I did get an initial quote of $32,600 for Premium/NAV from Longo. But seems that I can do better since the Kennyz7 got same car for $31,985 a few weeks back from Stevens Creek . The quote from Longo was just over the phone. I know another person got a quote from Longo over the phone for $32,500 but when he went to the dealer he was able to do the deal at $31,850 for same options.
I believe you are splitting hairs. $31,985 vs $32,500 vs $31,850 is noise level and will depend on each dealer, the time of month, and many other factors. Is it really that important that you squeeze the last dollar out of the dealer? Everyone wants a fair deal, but c'mon, this is somewhat a high end sedan. Let's not worry about getting the car at the absolute rock bottom price. Ease of purchase and how you were treated during the purchase is more important to me than getting the absolute lowest price. YMMV, but I think you have to keep it in perspective.
Old 08-17-07, 11:47 PM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

Default is250 deals

i make a horrible mistake and purchased the car at the begging of the month. My friend is the Gm at Lexus of westminister...he tells me that i should of waited, i got 3700 off msrp on an is350 for 43 out the door. The is250 they wanted to give to me for 32,300 which is 35k out the door... msrp was 38500.
Old 08-18-07, 12:00 AM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

If you're looking for $31,800 + ttl, that shouldn't be hard to find. Lets say ttl = 10% whic would equal to $3,180. Add that to the price you're looking for and you get $34,900 OTD. I'm pretty sure you can call a dealership and say "I called __________ dealership and they offered me $35,000 OTD on an IS250 with Prem. Pack. w/ Nav, can you beat or match?" They would probably beat it by $100 or more which would pretty much give you the price you're looking for. The price you're looking for isn't that farfetched so it shouldn't be very difficult. If you're not too picky on what color and interior you get or at least be open to other color combo possibilities would help you a lot too.

PM if you want info on who I spoke to from Longo and maybe he can get you a good deal too.

Quick Reply: Any recent deals on 07 IS250???