IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Recieved a $500 coupon from Dealer??

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-07, 12:30 PM
mrtrance
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
If this is the dealer who offered $32,600, you should be able to present that coupon and get car for $32,100 - whether cash, lease, or finance.

The $500 will come off the selling price or cap cost - no matter over or below invoice. They should honor their own advertising. Of course there's always a possibility of them trying to weasel out of honoring it, which is why you should not mention the coupon until you get there. So there's no chance of them saying "oh we already gave you discount, remember?" This way, there's no possible way they already gave you discount because you haven't told them yet - right?
Good luck.
This is not the same dealer that offered me the $32,600 price. But I'll tell this dealer that if they will do it for $32,500 I will buy today. I hope they accept that offer and then get there to present the coupon right when they write up the offer. So should I present it when they are typing in all my info in the computer? Is that the best time to present it?
Old 08-19-07, 12:37 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll relay my experience when I got my car.

After you agree to the deal with the sales guy and you guys shake on it, he'll tell you to go wait while he gives the details of the sale to the person in finance, who'll sit down with you and go over the TTL fees and insurance and stuff. She should have a long paper printout with your price already. Present the coupon, and have them print another. Voila. It's done.
Old 08-19-07, 01:03 PM
mrtrance
Driver

Originally Posted by sirkfc
I'll relay my experience when I got my car.

After you agree to the deal with the sales guy and you guys shake on it, he'll tell you to go wait while he gives the details of the sale to the person in finance, who'll sit down with you and go over the TTL fees and insurance and stuff. She should have a long paper printout with your price already. Present the coupon, and have them print another. Voila. It's done.
So don't present it to my internet sale manager at all. Then let them do all the paperwork based on the agreed price and when I go into finance to starting signing the paperwork that's when I should present the coupon correct? They won't make a fuss about it why I didn't present it earlier to my sales rep or something correct? Will the finance guy just do it on the stop or will he have to go and get approval for it?
Old 08-19-07, 01:39 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

The finance manager has to go get approval for it so I wouldn't wait until you get into finance - it also slows down the whole process as they have to retype your paperwork over again.
After you shake hands with the sales guy, ask to speak to the sales manager so you can "thank him". At this point, there should be a piece of paper on the desk with the final agreed upon price in writing. Thank the sales manager for helping you to buy the car (shake his hand too) and then present the coupon to him. He should honor it and discount the extra $500.
Old 08-20-07, 12:10 AM
mrtrance
Driver

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
The finance manager has to go get approval for it so I wouldn't wait until you get into finance - it also slows down the whole process as they have to retype your paperwork over again.
After you shake hands with the sales guy, ask to speak to the sales manager so you can "thank him". At this point, there should be a piece of paper on the desk with the final agreed upon price in writing. Thank the sales manager for helping you to buy the car (shake his hand too) and then present the coupon to him. He should honor it and discount the extra $500.
It happened just like you said. I waited til I got to the finance guy (since my internet sales manager already knew about the coupon) to present the coupon. He then had to go to the sales manager to get approval and was approved with no problem. They didn't take it off the cap cost but off my total drive off. Either way though it is an extra $500 off the cost of the car. So I got the car I wanted (Premium/NAV/XM) for $32,500. The other dealer that had quoted me $32,600 did not include XM. So I think things worked out pretty good in the end. It's really tough to get discounts on these cars now. For same car that I was getting, three other people were in the process of trying to get car (their salesperson were writing up the deal as we were doing ours). We were able to beat since we got our offer first to the sales manager. And that was the only car they had with the color/options that I wanted. Finally the search is over.