IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

DIY Sport Pedals IS350 IS250 w/ Pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-11, 02:05 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by freeflight
Hi there,

The installation instruction link doesn't work anymore.
http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/imp.../IS_pedals.pdf

If anybody saved a copy, could you please share it with me?

Thanks,
Kevin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS4w764CslU
The following users liked this post:
5gears-IS (04-21-17)
Old 12-04-11, 04:03 PM
lain
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joeb... Thanks very mush for posting the video, that helped out a lot.
Old 12-05-11, 09:01 AM
drew81333
Driver School Candidate

Thanks a lot for all of the instructions, very easy install. Was done in about 15-20 mins after I read through and watched the videos. This forum and its members are awesome!!
Old 12-05-11, 09:19 PM
dackp143
Pole Position

What a PAIN IN THE ****!

Foot Rest - Pulled right off, snapped in the new one.

Brake - Ripped the old one off, slipped the new one on (slide the top on first and then pulled it down on the bottom... used a flat head to pull the sides out)..

Gas - WTF.. Unbolted easily, but a freakin PAIN to get the little silver locking piece out. I beat that thing then finally just ripped the old pedal off and used a hammer to beat the silver locking piece out. Once 20 minutes was wasted getting the locking piece out, it only took me 3 minutes to reassemble and install... Am I happy I did it?

YEEEEES!
Old 12-06-11, 06:33 AM
sick
Lexus Test Driver

The pin was the easiest for me took like 20 sec. I just had a problem with that one stupid nut in the far corner.
Old 12-09-11, 12:47 PM
freeflight
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, but I mainly want to the torque spec from Lexus instruction.

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Old 12-09-11, 03:58 PM
aznKewlguy
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Just did mine.. It was fairly easy but yes that locking pin was a PITA to get out!!

and the top bolt for the gas pedal is a tricky task to tackle without an angle adapter, but I managed to do it!
Old 12-09-11, 07:40 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

hey guys. sorry about the pix. the place where i host the pix is down. i don't know when it'll be up.
Old 12-09-11, 07:59 PM
HIDness
Driver

just finished installing mine................easy diy with the right tools, took me 30 min. gas pedal and the pin wasn't too bad just have the right tools.
Old 12-10-11, 02:19 PM
Dustin2011
Pole Position

This turned out to be a PITA project for me. The easiest part was getting the pin out...

Foot rest - when I pulled it out, the white clips pulled off the foot rest and remained on the pins. I should have just pulled the white clips off the new one, but I tried to pull the bottom one off the pin in the car and it broke. I ended up taking a small chisel to break it off. I left the top on on. Would have been a piece of cake had I just reused the white clips....

Break pedal - This little bugger wasn't too bad. I used a really small flat head screw driver to pop the rubber around the break pedal. Took about 5-7 minutes to get it installed.

Gas pedal - If you have big hands, I really feel sorry for you! Bottom nut was easy peasy to get off. Top nut was a bit more difficult, but not too bad since I had a knuckle socket (or whatever you call it). Came off pretty easy, but was hard getting my hands up there so the nut wouldn't fall behind the carpet when taking it completely off. I didn't have a vice, but did have a pin removal punch. Pin came out pretty easy - just took a minute. Putting the new pin in took lots of banging! However, once it got started and was about 1/4 of the way in, it started to go a bit smoother. It really was a pain to get the top nut started due to the really small space to work with. However, once it was started, no problems.

Overall, I guess it wasn't too much of a pain. ....but when you look at the parts, you'd think the job would be a piece of cake.

I'm really happy with the upgrade and think they look about a million times better than the stock pedals. Thank you Sewell for the black Friday special! :-)
Old 12-12-11, 04:07 PM
drew81333
Driver School Candidate

I guess tools is everything for the job.

It only was easy for me because I had the tools.

For the gas pedal, I could not imagine doing it with the angle adapter and extension. Also, having a bench vise and the right size punch is essential. I started to use the first punch (taper) I could find and it wasn't going to work....started to expand the pin. Luckily, I noticed this, so I looked for the correct straight punch. It pushed through easy and the new one went in easily. Again having the vise helped, because everything remained rigid.

The brake pedal was easy, just used a small flat blade screwdriver to work it around.

When I popped off the foot rest, the white plastic clips stayed on the rods in the car. I used long needle nose pliers to grab them and pulled them out. Without the pliers, I am not sure how I would have gotten them off.
Old 05-15-13, 07:38 PM
sl227
Driver School Candidate

someone PLEASE help me I've already spent 3 hours no luck trying to get the stupid pedal assembly out.... even with the angle adaptor I have no luck... how is it even possible i put my finger back there and their is no room
Old 05-17-13, 02:54 AM
dk626
Driver School Candidate

does anyone know if theres an aluminum cover option for ebrake .. even aftermarket
Old 05-17-13, 11:10 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sl227
someone PLEASE help me I've already spent 3 hours no luck trying to get the stupid pedal assembly out.... even with the angle adaptor I have no luck... how is it even possible i put my finger back there and their is no room
Are you using an extender as well? I will say that your fustration is shared with everyone else here. The only damn thing that didnt give me trouble was the dead pedal lol

Originally Posted by dk626
does anyone know if theres an aluminum cover option for ebrake .. even aftermarket
In short, Yes. There are a couple options but there is one that I plan on doing and its the one where you manufacture your own pedal and slip the pad over it.

Huge thanks to euroimage for putting it together.

DIY: sport ebrake pedal
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ake-pedal.html
Old 06-07-13, 12:26 AM
Kvs_350
Driver

I just did my today its very easy if you know the trick. To remove the pedal out first unbolt the bottom nut then start losen the top one but make sure u dont unbolt it all the way out just half way so you can at least lift the bottom out and move it to the left and that you will have more space to put your hand in and unbolt the top corner one. I found it alot easier if you use 2 inch C clamp to reinstall the pin its much much easier. And put it back same way as u took it off insert the top corner first but leave the bottom hang to the left so you can put the nut in and after you screw in alittle in then insert the bottom

Quick Reply: DIY Sport Pedals IS350 IS250 w/ Pictures!