IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

How come the 2IS xenons suck? (because I like blue lights)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-07, 06:23 AM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by knihc2008
I find that when I'm driving my car I wish my lights were bluer but whenever I see an IS with Xenon, it really looks quite good. It's not very yellow at all to be honest...

I want to get 6000k every time I drive my car but change my mind every time I see a normal IS driving by.
you are absolutely right, the 2IS doesn't look blue but it's PURE white with a little tint of blue to it. It looks awesome I think, not too many cars out there have that pure white look. I wanted to change my bulbs to 6000 but seeing another 2IS changed my mind. Now i'm going to take that money and buy a set of 5000k HID for my fog, gosh I hate that yellow fog. I drive without the fog on because I think it degrade the looks of my HID haha.
Old 08-23-07, 06:36 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, its funny you say you hate the yellow cause theres people out there, like me, that have the 3000k fogs
Old 08-23-07, 06:39 AM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
LOL, its funny you say you hate the yellow cause theres people out there, like me, that have the 3000k fogs
yours is expensive crystal yellow, the stock fog is cheap yellow lol
Old 08-23-07, 06:40 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by IS250SoCal
I realize that I can sit on CL for hours, read every post, and STILL learn something new every damn day!

I just wanna stop and say thanks 2 all you Lexus/car guru's out there.

As for output, unless you have DRIVEN behind all the cars with HIDs at night, you can't say "it looks wider" as its deceptive when you are not behind the wheel.

Lexus HIDs have always been some of the best you can buy on the market.
Old 08-23-07, 06:44 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i know im going to get flamed for this but...
i can understand i guess changing the head lights to suit your taste because you need thoes lights to see with.
what i dont get is why people would swap out all the turn signals and other lights for LED when you cant see them anyway when you drive. as far as i can tell its for the viewing pleasure of the people around you who actually could care less or wouldnt know the difference anyway.
i wouldnt mind changing out the fogs so they are a little more matched to the headlights because i can see a difference in color on the road that bugs me. i also hope that they might light up road signs a little better if they were brighter.
also i wouldnt ming getting rid of the halogen high beams, is it possible to replace thoes with HID?
Old 08-23-07, 06:48 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
i can understand i guess changing the head lights to suit your taste because you need thoes lights to see with.
what i dont get is why people would swap out all the turn signals and other lights for LED when you cant see them anyway when you drive. as far as i can tell its for the viewing pleasure of the people around you who actually could care less or wouldnt know the difference anyway.
i wouldnt mind changing out the fogs so they are a little more matched to the headlights because i can see a difference in color on the road that bugs me. i also hope that they might light up road signs a little better if they were brighter.
also i wouldnt ming getting rid of the halogen high beams, is it possible to replace thoes with HID?
As much as it bugs you to see different colors on the road, to other people thats why they change out there turn signals and such for LEDs and such. And the biggest part is that its aesthetically pleasing and keeps them content to mod such parts And for your last question, I dont know if you can convert it but its call Bi-Xenon, most BMWs have it, like my bros E46. Its so crazy!! LOL
Old 08-23-07, 06:56 AM
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
With the LEDs mentioned, exactly like rims, we switch them out but yet we still can't see them when we're driving. It's just for people around us to see. And about the high beam, I assume that you could switch them out with HIDs but the DRLs must me be turned off or have the DRLs running full voltage.
Old 08-23-07, 06:59 AM
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

And for your last question, I dont know if you can convert it but its call Bi-Xenon, most BMWs have it, like my bros E46. Its so crazy!! LOL
But we already have bi-xenon.
Old 08-23-07, 07:03 AM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AzNLeX250
But we already have bi-xenon.
I don't think the 2IS does have BI-xenon. You have a separate high and low beam. Bi-xenon is when u have hi/low in one projector. The way it work is that the shield would move out of the way completely and that will give you the highbeam. When the shield move back to the bottom half of the projector, that would give you the low beam.

Last edited by tt061880; 08-23-07 at 07:08 AM.
Old 08-23-07, 07:04 AM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

opppps double post

Last edited by tt061880; 08-23-07 at 07:07 AM.
Old 08-23-07, 07:09 AM
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tt061880
I don't think the 2IS has BI-xenon. You have a separate high and low beam. Bi-xenon is when u have hi/low in one projector. The way it work is that the shield would move out of the way completely and that will give you the highbeam. When the shield move back to the bottom half of the projector, that would give you the low beam.
I remember reading somewhere that we do and if you look closely on the side cutoff on a wall or something that you'll see the light bend upwards when high beams are turned on.
Old 08-23-07, 07:10 AM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

I remember reading somewhere that we do and if you look closely on the side cutoff on a wall or something that you'll see the light bend upwards when high beams are turned on.
I just read it on the lexus' website, apparently we do have it. That's just crazy, our headlights have both high beam and bi xenon!
Old 08-23-07, 07:11 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Nope from what I know, our DRLs is the high beams.
Old 08-23-07, 07:13 AM
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

Nope from what I know, our DRLs is the high beams.
Yea, but on low power. What I was trying to say is that we have both high beams and bi-xenon.
Old 08-23-07, 07:16 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Low power?? Doesnt make sense to me, cause Ive switched out all my bulbs in my headlights to be yellow and when I used my high beams it comes out yellow. And Ive read before that the DRL is our high beam... weird....let me go check too haha

Quick Reply: How come the 2IS xenons suck? (because I like blue lights)