IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What's changing on IS for '08 (Post news here)

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-07, 03:16 PM
jdanon
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PhatManXP - Don't believe a damn word they say. They are such salesmen. Everything they say (or close to it) is a lie. Next to sex and eating, I swear these guys are only concerned with selling whatever's on their lot. One guy told me that the PCS system and dynamic cruise control is not available in the U.S. because of some lawsuit against Lexus. Hmm...nothing found on Google. Lexus must just list the option on their website and all U.S. promotional materials for the fun of it just to tease us. I was also told that Mark Levinson and sport packages are only available as special order. That's funny because there seems to be a lot of people on the internet that didn't special order jack and they have the options I'd like to have.

I've been told a lot of stuff that's making me wonder if I should just forget Lexus. Can I have an IS350? Nope, not in the icy cold and snowy Northeast. Everyone HAS to have AWD. Thanks Lexus for looking out for my safety by disabling some of the car's features when it's moving and forcing me to have AWD. Can I get a red one? Nope they only made 123 of them in 2007 in the Northeast. How about Mark Levinson? Nope, not in the Northeast. Are there any options available? Nope. The car comes in a one size fits all configuration. Can I pick the interior color? Nope, only comes with its corresponding exterior color. Does Lexus truly do such narrow marketing of their models and options right down to the part of the country? It's unbelievable. I'm basically throwing money at them, willing to pay MSRP, transport costs, whatever, and they still can't get it.
Old 05-30-07, 03:41 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhatManXP
In my opinion GFM is one of the best & most unique color Lexus's offered, it'd sucked if this is true.
Count me in the minority (I think) of people who do not like GFM. I tried to like it. I recommended people look at it when they were looking because so many others liked it. But I just don't like how it looks like an old junky dull car in certain lights. It looks like something a bad body shop painted after a car has been in a serious accident. I concede that I may just have bad taste, but yeah, not a fan of desert sage or GFM. Sorry.

Anyway, this is not related to the thread topic, but we haven't had a GFM thread in a while and I didn't want to post a new thread just to hate on the color.

Back to your normally scheduled programming...
Old 05-30-07, 07:59 PM
kmvreter
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by knihc2008
LOL Way to drop the best color for the car, Lexus. It's not like it doesn't sell either. This comes as somewhat good news to me :]
This info is Canadian and came right off the dealer update system with the release info of what is changing for '08 (kind of like a news release to the dealer network.) He confirmed it by punching in an order for a July build they have allocated and the '07 had a choice of GFM. Changed the info to a new August '08 order and GFM was gone. No new colour options as someone speculated earlier.
Old 06-10-07, 09:39 PM
doogoshly
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sirkfc
Count me in the minority (I think) of people who do not like GFM. I tried to like it. I recommended people look at it when they were looking because so many others liked it. But I just don't like how it looks like an old junky dull car in certain lights. It looks like something a bad body shop painted after a car has been in a serious accident. I concede that I may just have bad taste, but yeah, not a fan of desert sage or GFM. Sorry.
hahah i agree with you. saw it in person and i wasn't as impressed by it. but that's me. moving on.
Old 06-10-07, 10:11 PM
StevenC56
Driver

Question 2008 GS Changes

Originally Posted by kmvreter
This info is Canadian and came right off the dealer update system with the release info of what is changing for '08 (kind of like a news release to the dealer network.) He confirmed it by punching in an order for a July build they have allocated and the '07 had a choice of GFM. Changed the info to a new August '08 order and GFM was gone. No new colour options as someone speculated earlier.
Does anybody know is there will be any changes to the 2008 GS including colors?
Old 06-12-07, 09:25 PM
StevenC56
Driver

Question 2008 Changes

Anybody? I'm trying to find out waht changes will be on the 2008 models. Everybody either really doesn't know yet or they have been doing a great job of keeping it a secret.
Old 06-13-07, 12:51 PM
fantom
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by StevenC56
Anybody? .....
Sorry, "we" don't know and "they" can't say.
Old 06-13-07, 01:08 PM
jdanon
Lead Lap

Depends on what you mean by change. Some people think making the gas release bigger counts as a change. By change I think in terms of appearance, packages, and colors. Major stuff, and that's probably the dealers' definitions as well. When I ordered my 2008 I asked them what was changing and they said nothing, all the packages were the same. I knew they wouldn't drop the red color for 2008 so I didn't ask about colors. There probably won't be major changes for a few years yet.
Old 06-13-07, 05:48 PM
0range
Driver School Candidate

Well as I posted in another thread, I do know a little about what's in store for the 2008 models. I live in Canada, so this MAY be more pertinent for Canadians (or maybe it's global).

I wanted to order a 6MT IS250, and the Lexus salesguy basically said they aren't making any more of those for 2007... so I was going to get a 2008 model. And he said there are basically no changes. The colors are going to be identical.

The package I ordered (the X2 sports package) will be getting two minor additions however: heated front seats, and HID headlights. There will be a small bump up in price for the package as a result.

But that's it! Nothing else. You can probably expect similar minor tweaks to the other option packages.
Old 06-13-07, 06:03 PM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

I'll go on the record now that they will add the XM real time traffic option to the navigation.

Gotta keep up with the BMW's and Infinitis of the world that put this on almost every car with Nav. Hell, even the Nissan Altima has it.
Old 06-13-07, 07:18 PM
euro.r
Driver

How about a MT for the 350?
Old 06-13-07, 11:47 PM
i2IS
Pole Position

i hope they put a 30GB HDD in the nav like the Japanese IS, with real time traffic
Old 07-02-07, 06:19 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 107 Posts

I do not know if this info is true or not but this was posted over at myis forum on 6/25/2007, Do you think this is just a rumor? Does this sound like something Lexus would do, re-design the front seat back to allow more leg room for the rear, is it possible they could shave off an inch or 2 by re-designing the front seat back? Lexus could be listening to it's customer's.

Post below came from myis forum: (not me)

Here are the '08MY changes:
- Liquid Graphite finish added to both 17" & 18" Wheels
- Front seat back shape change to increase rear seat leagroom
- Seat heater for base leather seat
- Backlighting added for outside mirror control
- Coin holder added at left side of steering wheel
- Illuminated scuff plate color changing from blue to white
- IS250 AWD base leather will change to heater only with semi-aniline leather and ventilation becoming an option
- No new colors
Old 07-02-07, 10:04 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Third production year of most Lexus/Toyota means a slight powertrain upgrade/changeover and a handful of updates. 4th model year will usually update and refresh the interior and exterior. Granted the 2nd Generation IS follows the traditional 5 year cycle, 3rd year powertrain, 4th year aesthetic update/refresh.

As for the IS250, I am one that votes to see it replaced with the 3GR-FSE 3.0L (return of the IS300).
Old 07-09-07, 02:21 PM
is250_fan
Driver School Candidate

can anyone confrm the info from my.is?

Quick Reply: What's changing on IS for '08 (Post news here)