IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What's changing on IS for '08 (Post news here)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-07, 06:07 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jdanon
How do you know this? I looked on the Lexus web site under the accessories for the G-Spiders and they don't mention this. It just says they are corrosion resistant, as is the entire car.

By the way DropTopGal you were right. I double checked with Cindy on this. I should have made them give me those wheels with the price since they told me the G-Spiders came with the sport package. I even pulled out the original email correspondance where she said this because I emailed a couple times just to verify because I didn't believe it either. Luckily the wheels are port installed, so I still have plenty of time to change it according to her.
As an owner with G-Spiders I can confirm that the finish is different than the standard issue wheels. Whether it is different than what Lexus is now describing as 'Liquid Graphite' I don't know, but I suspect it is the same finish. It is a far richer finish with a liquid looking finish on them compared to the stock wheels which look 'too painted' for my taste. The G-Spiders or ISP wheels can always be added, either at the port or at the dealer, so no problem there. It's a shame they goofed up and said they were included in the Sports Package as they aren't, and never have been, part of any IS package. They are a standalone option. Maybe they were confused with the X-Package which has it's own type of wheel. Perhaps you can cut a deal with them where they can give you them for cost and include the installation of them as recompense.

Old 08-21-07, 06:43 AM
A.C Milan
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
The nav screen change has been confirmed through TIS. The nav owner's manual says the caution screen will appear for 5 seconds, then the map will be displayed. There is no "I Agree" button, just the same old caution screen with no buttons at all.
i think that's the best thing they did to the '08.
can it be changed for 06 & 07 with the NAV or CD update?
Old 08-21-07, 10:31 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,975 Likes on 2,405 Posts

It may be available in the next updated nav disc firmware, but it won't likely be available until next year at the earliest. Lexus is not well known for applying updates expeditiously and they are also not inexpensive.
Old 08-21-07, 12:37 PM
MrJohnE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

IS350/250
-Updated Exterior styling
- Liquid Graphite finish added to standard 17" and optional 18" wheels
(same as GS 18" finish)
- No new colors for 2008
- Updated interior styling/features
- Revised frotn seatback shape (to provide more legroom in rear)
- Coin holder added (left side of steering wheel)
- Backlighting added to outside mirror control
- Illuminated scuff plates (changed from blue to white illumination)
- IS 250 AWD: semi-aniline heated/ventailed seats replaced by base
leather seat with heater only
-Improved steering feel
-Line-Off: August 2007

IS-F
-All-new for 08
-5.0L V8 engine
-8-speed Sport Direct Shift transmission; throttle blip on downshifts
-19" forged alloy wheels
-Black brake calipers with Lexus logo
-Quad exhaust pipes
-Larger front grille with zig-zag pattern
-Wider front fenders
-Blue contrast stitching on black leather seats
-Optional black seats with white inserts
-Aluminzed composite trim for center console
-Perforated leather on chrome shift **** and steering wheel
Old 08-21-07, 12:47 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by badxIS300
IS350/250
- Liquid Graphite finish added to standard 17" and optional 18" wheels
(same as GS 18" finish)
Yay! I like the stock 18's design better than the X's.
Old 08-21-07, 01:13 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by badxIS300
IS350/250
- Coin holder added (left side of steering wheel)
- Illuminated scuff plates (changed from blue to white illumination)
Damn it!!
Old 08-21-07, 01:14 PM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IS350/250
-Updated interior styling/features
That doesn't mean it was re-designed right?
Old 08-21-07, 01:19 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess not, he should've made that in bold
Old 08-21-07, 01:24 PM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

Does that mean that their just going to add a body kit or just subtle changes?
Old 08-22-07, 10:32 AM
jdanon
Lead Lap

No redesign. Not for a few years anyway. The 2008s will pretty much look like the 2007s. I talked to my dealer today... they had no idea when the 2008s are expected in, so there's not going to be anything to look at for probably another month, maybe a little bit longer depending on the dealer. You'd think they could give an approximate date at this point though.
Old 08-22-07, 04:37 PM
PandaBear
Driver

Originally Posted by GSspeed
ONE BIG PROBLEM, does anyone have the starphire with gray interior, the guy said that is not a color combo option.. is this true....
TRUE, I am looking for the exact same combination and I have asked 6 dealers including CarsDirect. I do found one in Florida, but I am not going to pay MSRP and shipping to get it over here in CA.
Old 08-22-07, 04:58 PM
chat0882
Driver

Default What's changing on IS for '08 (Post news here)

When will the 2008s hit the streets? My dealer ordered me one and told me between November and December
Old 08-22-07, 05:53 PM
jdanon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chat0882
When will the 2008s hit the streets? My dealer ordered me one and told me between November and December
Sounds about right. The first batch of 2008s has been made and is already on its way to the U.S. The wait time is about 2-4 months, assuming your dealer doesn't sit on your order and submits it right away. I think some dealers sit on the order for a month or two or just right away quote crazy wait times of 3, 4, or 6 months since most people would be too impatient and just take something on the lot.

I ordered my 2008 in June, so hopefully my car is part of the first batch of 2008s arriving next month. If not I'd assume I'd be in the September builds, so I would see the car in October some time. Right now I would think Lexus is taking orders for the October builds, so you would not see the car until November at the earliest. They take a couple of weeks to build then over a month to ship from Japan to the dealer, so you're looking at almost two months if you get your order in promptly.

Some dealers should have some on their lots next month, with most having them by October. Whether or not they will take special orders with or after the dealers normal allocations I don't know.
Old 08-23-07, 05:03 AM
SolaraToIS
Lead Lap

FWIW
I ordered my 2007 IS350 in June of 2006 and picked it up on August 31 of 2006.
Old 08-23-07, 06:56 AM
jdanon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SolaraToIS
FWIW
I ordered my 2007 IS350 in June of 2006 and picked it up on August 31 of 2006.
I'm kind of interested in how this works. When did they tell you to come pick up the car? Was there advanced notice such as a week or two weeks? This whole process is not very transparent, so it makes me a little nervous that I can't get any info out of my dealer as to an approximate date of the car's delivery or if my car is even in the current shipment and what the specs on it are. I think a special order is a "preference order" which to me says you're not guaranteed the exact car you wanted. Since we know the August built cars are almost to the West Coast U.S. ports, I would think at this stage in the game the dealer should know what cars they are getting and the approximate date of delivery.

Unfortunately for me further complicating the matter is the fact that I am in NYC and the dealer is in Florida. That means I have to mail them a check, arrange for transportation of the vehicle, sell my current car, and deal with the DMV issues, all of which is normally handled smoothly by the dealer. Because of my situation, knowing the date the dealer is getting the car is even more important to me than it normally would be since all these things could easily introduce another couple weeks of wait time. I'd like to get all the secondary issues out of the way ahead of time so when I get the car all I have to do is throw some plates on it and go.

Quick Reply: What's changing on IS for '08 (Post news here)