IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

my car got scratched ....

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-07, 06:32 PM
djgtek
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my car got scratched ....

dont you just hate it when people park so close to other people. i usually leave my car at a transit station and i always park in a certain spot (the usual spot right at the end of a row by an island). i always make sure the car on my left has plenty of space by hugging the island ... however today some car who parked behind me comes so close to my that the screw that holds on his front license plate scratches my back bumper (i was parked backwards) .... i was so annoyed as to why a person finds it so necessary to park so close to others in front of them ... i mean really ....
Old 08-22-07, 07:07 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is retarded! Was it a truck by chance?
Old 08-22-07, 07:40 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

At least it's an easy fix. Thank goodness there is no major damage.

Get it fixed as quickly and as inexpensively as possible.

Good luck!
Old 08-22-07, 08:02 PM
weesped
Lexus Champion

damn that sucks, in less than a month of owning my IS, i've been key'd twice. the firs time on my front fender, the second time across both driver side doors -.- some people seriousy. (btw both times were like nail deep no way to buff it out =/)
Old 08-22-07, 08:05 PM
jimco
Rookie

That sucks! Just have your car buff out by pro detailer. How deep is the scratch? Hope it did not go through clear coat. Even if it did, the pro detailer still be able to fix it. They would use the touch up paint to layer on the scratch marks and wet sand it down to even the surface. Hope this will help.
Old 08-28-07, 12:31 PM
cdiddy
Rookie

My hood was keyed by some loser. It was the worst feeling in the world.
Old 08-28-07, 12:33 PM
cdiddy
Rookie

Originally Posted by weesped
damn that sucks, in less than a month of owning my IS, i've been key'd twice. the firs time on my front fender, the second time across both driver side doors -.- some people seriousy. (btw both times were like nail deep no way to buff it out =/)
How much to fix the damage? My hood was keyed bad. I had $500 deductible on Comprehensive but i lowered it to $0 just in case it happens again.
Old 08-28-07, 12:33 PM
DJ TANTRA
Lexus Test Driver

join the club!!

On my rear bumped, i have two screw marks and a few scratches..

I drive into the city often (NYC MANHATTAN) and its killer to get parking there and tight spots...so people always hit each others bumper. I've learned to just take the -- dare i say it SUB*A*

I hate that word :-X
Old 08-28-07, 12:47 PM
jdanon
Lead Lap

Yeah if you're in the city forget it. Everything is parallel parking, even here in suburban Greenwich, lots of parallel parking. If you don't have off street parking it's a lock that within a month your bumper will be shot. No point in having a nice car if you can't get off street parking. I've seen people more than once a day parallel parking by bumping the cars in front and in back of them. And when I come out in the morning, cars are literally an inch from each other's bumper that you know they've bumped each other to get into those spots. Some people park on the sidewalk on an angle across a corner so that no one can park directly in front or behind them them, but then they get the parking ticket overnight. Guess a ticket is cheaper than bumper repair or trying to find a parking spot. I would dump your car in a garage if you can afford it, and if you have the change to spare a garage that allows you to park your car yourself any time of day and not one these 7pm-7am lots where they park your car for you.
Old 09-15-07, 12:59 PM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The other night i was parked in manhattan, and some POS parked
in front of me, and backed into my car with his/or her trailer hitch.
they made an impression in my paint of the hitch along with 2 small
holes. So basically my bumper and clear bra are ruined $800+ in damage. Needless to say,
i Just took my revenge, then left. (keyed the hell out of the person's car)
Old 09-15-07, 01:02 PM
jackblack7
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tony1
holes. So basically my bumper and clear bra are ruined $800+ in damage. Needless to say,
Wow, you're a *****.
Old 09-15-07, 01:38 PM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tony1
Oh man...you should've talk to them before you do that...Sometime poeple did not ment to do that...
Old 09-15-07, 01:48 PM
CeoStatus0
Pole Position

gonna have to watch out for karma... Someone backed into my ride... I find out weeks before that, my dad backed into someones car and left a small scratch and just left. Next thing you know I backed into.. and it was a $1000 fix
Old 09-15-07, 02:23 PM
mort
Lead Lap

From observation, I am convinced many senior drivers when parallel parking feel the need to gently tap the car in front or behind them in order to position themselves in the spot. Witnessed one old broad doing this to a Mazda RX7 turbo I had at the time. I was sitting in a restaurant with friends and saw the whole thing from the window by our table…hit me twice, but it meant taking an elevator down to another floor then going through a large hotel lobby to get outside to confront her….and even if she was still there at that time, you are dealing with an 80 year old, so what is the use unless major damage. Fortunately in my case it was minimal, was able to buff out, but just ignorance on some peoples part. It is a shame so many think a car is for nothing but getting them from point A to B and have so little consideration for others….and these are likely the same people that still have the vinyl wrap on their furniture and lamp shades and would scream if a kid ran across their lawn.
Old 09-16-07, 10:03 PM
Fearlessfx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ERG
I don't get why some C0cksuxrs key up cars?? wtf, it is frustrating having a pretty car in NYC. No scratches on mine yet but sometimes i wish i just got me a hummer with like no paint just to have peace of mind.
i feel the same way, im extremely worried about ****** keying my vehicle when i get it. going to have a 50$ comprehensive deductible to cover my ***, and a taser in my pocket just incase i catch a person in the act of vandalizing my vehicle .

Quick Reply: my car got scratched ....