IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

recommendation of where to buy wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-07 | 02:36 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Default recommendation of where to buy wheels

hey folks, i see many of you have bought wheels for your IS i have a 2007 IS350 with the 18" package, i know many of you will think im nuts but i really want to stick with an 18" wheel i just want them a little wider than stock. living with pot holes i dont want to waste a good set of wheels.
i am having problems finding a good place online that can find a set of black with polished lip in 18" that dont require spacers.
i really dont want a 5 spoke either so my options seem more and more limited.
i need someone or some outfit that has a huge selection and the experience to get perfect fitment the first time.
Old 08-23-07 | 02:38 PM
Allen K
-0----0-
CL Folding 25,000

D2autosport.com is a good site. They have a huge selection and are a vendor on this site. Can't complain about the prices either
Old 08-23-07 | 03:58 PM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

I think the 18s are a really good size for their weight. There is a reason you don't see many low weight wheels or racing wheels bigger than 18. And if the dub+ crowd is really honest with themselves, its all about looks, not performance.

So good on ya.
Old 08-23-07 | 04:48 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

I disagree with post #2
Old 08-23-07 | 06:43 PM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

About price or selection?
Old 08-23-07 | 07:02 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Whatever you do DONT buy Sevas wheels.
Old 08-23-07 | 07:25 PM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
Whatever you do DONT buy Sevas wheels.
Apart from looks, why?

Bad quality?
Old 08-23-07 | 08:38 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

You havent read the threads about their wheels?? Fake high class wheels IMO. Looks like 3 stories of the same thing. Look in the Tire Section and you will find it.
Old 08-23-07 | 09:02 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FiveOhNine
About price or selection?
price and the way they do business. I really can only give my opinion such as i did saying "i don't like them". Since they are a club sponsor I have been warned about being banned for commenting on them. I am aloud to comment on them if the thread is in the general car area like this one but not within their sponsor thread (which i can understand). whats funny though is that i have been warned about voicing my opinion about them before and 90% of what this forum is about is opinions. for example, should i get this wheel, should i tint with this, what is the best dealer, what is the best price, should i drop my car, blah blah. They are all loaded questions begging for opinions. why is it when you voice your opinion about a club sponsor you get warnings or deleted posted like i have. I am sure this one will be deleted as well.

who knows. many others on here have had good experiences with them so maybe i was a fluke. Give me a shot!
Old 08-24-07 | 06:11 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by combfilter
price and the way they do business. I really can only give my opinion such as i did saying "i don't like them". Since they are a club sponsor I have been warned about being banned for commenting on them. I am aloud to comment on them if the thread is in the general car area like this one but not within their sponsor thread (which i can understand). whats funny though is that i have been warned about voicing my opinion about them before and 90% of what this forum is about is opinions. for example, should i get this wheel, should i tint with this, what is the best dealer, what is the best price, should i drop my car, blah blah. They are all loaded questions begging for opinions. why is it when you voice your opinion about a club sponsor you get warnings or deleted posted like i have. I am sure this one will be deleted as well.

who knows. many others on here have had good experiences with them so maybe i was a fluke. Give me a shot!
Combfilter:

I asked you in the past to move on from this and it seems you just won't. Let's share some details with the rest of the forum since you continue to parade this issue every chance you get.

Let's start with the most important fact:
You have NEVER never bought anything from D2 and have one very limited personal experience with them to provide ANY opinion to other members on this topic. The issue you had is that they didn't answer a question you asked in a timely manner.

Because they didn't answer you, you chose to badmouth them in the Vendor Marketplace forum in one of their group buy threads. Not only did you badmouth them, you posted your own offer to help members obtain the same wheels from other sources . That action (setting up a GB with a non-CL vendor) is against our forum rules, and I consider it a highly unethical and downright slimey act of retribution. Those were the posts which were removed.

If you HAD purchased something from them and it went badly, I would not have any issue at all with you sharing that information in posts like these. I would have even gladly reached out to the CL vendor to try to help resolve the situation (as I did in the linked thread above).

You clearly still have a chip on your shoulder about D2. You badmouth them when you have no real purchase experience to share and are in fact so irrationally biased you went out of your way to try to divert sales to other vendors. Sure you can sometimes find better deals elsewhere and no vendor (CL vendor or otherwise) is going to be 100% perfect. We are very selective in choosing our vendors and try to be both fair to them and advocates for our members when any issues do arise.

Combfilter, we were very fair with you from the prior incident based on your violations of our forum rules. I made some reasonable requests of you which you have ignored by making posts like those above. I'm tired of the ongoing complaint about your treatment and I will ask this post to be the last public discussion of that incident or D2 from you. If you want to continue to debate it, PM me.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 08-24-07 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-24-07 | 06:13 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by FiveOhNine
Apart from looks, why?

Bad quality?
Here's a link to one (with info on two other recent issues) https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ighlight=sevas
Old 08-24-07 | 06:33 AM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Jesus, put the lid back on that can of worms, I was just mildly curious.
Old 08-24-07 | 08:12 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

That's BS Dave. Your request was for me to not get on the vendor forum and comment on them. Which I agreed with you. We both agreed that they were fair game if it was outside of their forum. Not only is this post outside the vendor marketplace, it's within the rules. Someone asked for an opinion and you like china are again trying to suppress it. This is NOT in their market place, and therefore open to any opinion. I did not cuss, nor did I violate anything of CL. You are doing what you always do and that is to try and police something that doesn't need to be policed. Again, you asked me to not comment in the vendor area. I didn't

Get your facts straight before you say something like "lets share some details with the rest"

Dave I tried to buy something from D2 and it went badly. they lied to me and went back on their previous statements. Furthermore, I have friends here in the DFW metroplex that have bought from them and also had poor experience. a couple of them have even had small blurbs here and there. What's funny is that 1 of them saw the way you deleted my post and talked to me wouldn't post their own opinion because they didn't want to get kicked off the forum. I could care less. You saying I badmouth them with no experience is wrong. I had an experience with them which was bad.

You have several statements above that are false like "because they didn't answer me" they did. "the issue you had because they didn't answer in a timely fashion" that's false also, you are just typing up things you "think" happened. Look at the emails between d2 and me. Actually derrick answered me pretty fast. It's what he stated in his emails and on his forum are what I had a problem with.

In regards to steering away business, i could care less where people buy their tires from. I actually said "who knows maybe i was a fluke". I do see a typo at the end of the sentence that says "give me a shot" it should say "give them a shot". I don't sell wheels or anything of that sort.

We agreed that outside the vendor forum everyone is fair game. You are just basically being a one sided moderator. You are the one with the chip on your shoulder against me. I violated NOTHING here, and you have your facts wrong!

so your details that you are "sharing with the forum" are not accurate, and furthermore, you are not being fair.

Here's your previous email that states stay out of the vendor forum "Different rules apply in the vendor forum... It is NOT for opinions. if it were the main forum and you were replying to a 'where can I get MRR wheels for cheap' post then that wouldn't be an issue unless you were associated with that other wheel company or you were overly promotional about it.

But the vendor forum is where our CL vendors can post GBs and answer questions about their sales... they should NOT have to deal with sniping from other vendors or members who have obvious chips on their shoulder about that vendor.

Stay out of all D2 threads from this point forward please.
"

My response..

Also, it's not like I was in his thread trolling. I went in there before I bought my wheels looking for solid answers about the wheels he advertised as a GB. I was hoping to support a CL vendor. He refused to give solid answers. I went on with my own research and found a solution. I followed up with others in his thread about those wheels. That is all.

I won't go to any d2 threads though out of respect for you doing your job as a moderator. However, if he post like he does in main groups (tire thread) etc, he is fair game.

also you wrote:
Posting contrary opinions are certainly OK, but please don't get into an ongoing battle or try to find his posts just to post an inflammatory or negative position to them.

I have not been to their forum since. you agreed to this. Someone posted their opinion, I had a contrary. You had a problem with that because it's a vendor. He never posted in here. I even had my contrary opinion tastefully . I said I disagree. I was then asked why, and I said two items prices and the way the do business. I didn't go on and say "they are a bunch of azzholes or something like that".

I am not hunting him down. This thread was in the general forum and I read it and tastefully disagreed with someone.

Don't try to "share with the forum" and then tell me to go to PM. This is not China. You are posting inaccurate items trying to make it out like I am wrong here.

OK this is now funny. I've typed way too much for something some lame.

I suggest everyone that is ever going to buy a wheel buy them from d2. The are freaking great. Top class, you can do no better.
Old 08-24-07 | 08:12 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

ewheelz.com is where i got mine from
Old 08-24-07 | 08:17 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Thank you for continuing to prove my point about irrational behaviour. The OP asked for recommendations on where to buy wheels and you did nothing but provide vague negative opinion on D2 when you never have purchased from them... I also notice you didn't give any positive response or recommendation, and your post is simple continued bashing.

I didn't supress your opinion or delete it did I? If you had been clear on your limited involvement and what happened I wouldn't have even posted.... you had to make it sound mysterious and "I'm going to get banned if I tell you" when there is none of that and Dave is in China watching me... give me a break.

I stand by my comments and the unethical behaviour you have exhibited in the threads dealing with D2 starting with your thread crapping and vendor redirection. I feel you have it out for them for little or no reason. I asked you 'not to stalk' D2 when I realized your bias and that is exactly what you are continuing to do.

Drop it please - I will not continue to debate you in the forum on this so if you want to discuss PM me.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 08-24-07 at 08:55 AM.

Quick Reply: recommendation of where to buy wheels