IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Somebody rammed my car. Have ?'s (New Pics -56k Beware!)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-07, 01:02 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Where the accident happened

It happened on west pipkin road in Lakeland in the middle of a friggen monsoon so the interior got soaked)
Old 08-25-07, 01:04 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

might be totaled...usually depending on the insurance company, if the damage is 60%-70% of the total value of the car it will be totaled.
Old 08-25-07, 01:11 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ouch, sorry to hear about your accident.

Let us know what the insurance company says.
Old 08-25-07, 01:23 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear this wednesday, honestly though, that kind of damage doesnt look like they will total it. But thats just my opinion.
Old 08-25-07, 02:21 PM
burnabykid
Pole Position

i'd be in mourning too if i saw my car like that especially if the accident wasnt my fault. at least your alright. to me it looks like the repair will be a lot less than the total worth of the car unfortunately.
Old 08-25-07, 03:05 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,971 Likes on 2,403 Posts

Threads merged. All pics included.

Sorry to hear about your accident, especially so soon after taking ownership.
Old 08-25-07, 03:38 PM
arksun
Driver

=( Sorry to see that.

Do you go to UF? From your license plate frame, I assume you do?
Old 08-25-07, 04:26 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Default Uf

No but I have been a gator fan my entire life and would have like to have went there. I currently attend USF college of engineering because of the proximity to where I live now.
Old 08-25-07, 06:31 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry about the accident. I'd be surprised if they total it unless there is substantial frame damage. One of the unintended negative consequences of having a car worth more $$ is that there's a higher tolerance for repairs before the insurance company decides to total the car. Even if it's $20k in repairs, it's cheaper than paying out $35k+.

If they decide to repair it, give them a chance. They might do a great job for you.
Old 08-25-07, 07:54 PM
effusion
Driver School Candidate

sorry that happened to you. At least your safe. lol i was about to ask you about the UF license plate too.
Old 08-26-07, 09:25 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Wednesday, the cost to repair the vehicle needs to exceed 75% of the Actual Cash Value to replace it before its considered a total loss. also some insurance companies have endorsements that you can purchase that will allow you to have the car written off as a loss when the damage exceeds certain limits and if the odometer is within a certain number of miles.
Old 08-26-07, 10:33 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Question Question about value

Has anyone traded or sold a wrecked and repaired ISx50? If so how much were you able to get? I am hoping to speak to the insurance claims adjuster tomorrow and plan on informing them that I will be seeking loss of value if the car is not totalled. I read somewhere to ask for 25% of the value which would be 8 to 9 thousand. I can't find anywhere that will give me an estimate of the value of a car with a history of damage. I am also considering hiring an independent appraiser to look at the car. I had planned on keeping the car for 5 years and I refuse to keep a car that long that has had significant damage and soaked and stinky interior. It rained heavily again last night with more chances today and the car is sitting unprotected just getting more and more water damage. To add insult to injury the a**hole who hit me and his parents have not reported the accident and are holding up the process. One more question, do I have the right to ask them to pay for a premium rental car? I feel like if this is going to be drawn out they should provide me with a close equivalent to my car. Sorry this is so long but I just can't stop thinking and worrying about my car.
Old 08-26-07, 10:53 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wednesday
Has anyone traded or sold a wrecked and repaired ISx50? If so how much were you able to get? I am hoping to speak to the insurance claims adjuster tomorrow and plan on informing them that I will be seeking loss of value if the car is not totalled. I read somewhere to ask for 25% of the value which would be 8 to 9 thousand. I can't find anywhere that will give me an estimate of the value of a car with a history of damage. I am also considering hiring an independent appraiser to look at the car. I had planned on keeping the car for 5 years and I refuse to keep a car that long that has had significant damage and soaked and stinky interior. It rained heavily again last night with more chances today and the car is sitting unprotected just getting more and more water damage. To add insult to injury the a**hole who hit me and his parents have not reported the accident and are holding up the process. One more question, do I have the right to ask them to pay for a premium rental car? I feel like if this is going to be drawn out they should provide me with a close equivalent to my car. Sorry this is so long but I just can't stop thinking and worrying about my car.
Wednesday, i am an insurance agent, trust me, everything will work out, if they havnt called their insurance company you should have got their insurance information, call their company and file the claim, if they dont get things rolling call your own insurance company and tell them whats going on. just be sure to explain to the adjuster that your concerned about mold in the carpet and have them include replacement of the interior parts that may be damaged as a result of the water.
Old 08-26-07, 11:00 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

I have their insurance information and have filed a claim with their insurer (State Farm) they however said that they can't do anything until the other person calls and gives a statement. They do have the accident report from the Florida Highway Patrol that shows the other driver was cited. I was told by my insurer (Allstate) that if I want to claim loss of value that I would have to file through the person at faults company. I figure they won't total it so I want to get as much for loss of value as possible (because I will be trading it on a new one ASAP) and I want a decent rental to drive for the weeks that I know that it is going to take to fix all this damage. At this point I just want to be where I was before they hit me, no more and no less. I am just afraid I wont get enough to trade without an increase in payments. Oh and Thank You Bass Mech for they helpful info! I really appreciate it!

Last edited by wednesday; 08-26-07 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-26-07, 01:58 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wednesday
I have their insurance information and have filed a claim with their insurer (State Farm) they however said that they can't do anything until the other person calls and gives a statement. They do have the accident report from the Florida Highway Patrol that shows the other driver was cited. I was told by my insurer (Allstate) that if I want to claim loss of value that I would have to file through the person at faults company. I figure they won't total it so I want to get as much for loss of value as possible (because I will be trading it on a new one ASAP) and I want a decent rental to drive for the weeks that I know that it is going to take to fix all this damage. At this point I just want to be where I was before they hit me, no more and no less. I am just afraid I wont get enough to trade without an increase in payments. Oh and Thank You Bass Mech for they helpful info! I really appreciate it!
your not going to want to hear this but considering its state farm's claim to pay be prepared for a battle with them, they are known for looking for an oppertunity to get out of paying a claim. almost every time one of my insureds and a state farm insured has been involved the first thing state farm does is deny any fault on their insureds part. the reason they want to talk to their insured before doing anything is because they want to look for any chance if possible to deny your claim. its sounds pretty solid from what you have told me so far but dont let them push you around.
if they give you any trouble tell them your going to file a complaint with the insurance commissioner, that should get their attention.

for anyone reading this who doesnt agree do a search on yahoo or any search engine for "state farm insurance complaints" i think you will be suprised at how many hits and stories you find.

Quick Reply: Somebody rammed my car. Have ?'s (New Pics -56k Beware!)