IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Somebody rammed my car. Have ?'s (New Pics -56k Beware!)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-07, 12:48 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

No we didnt spin. When the car hit it knocked us into a ditch but we were only going around 30 mph so we didn't go very far.
Old 08-29-07, 07:16 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Default Update

Well the a**hole who hit me is still dodging their insurance company and the insurance company won't claim responsibility until they have given these inconsiderate morons "sufficient time to respond" Their insurance company did send an adjuster to look at it and they won't total it, won't replace the soaked carpet and won't pay for the new back tire it needs. The are prorating the tire that has only 5,000 miles and said they will give me 50 bucks. I called and told them that wasnt going to work. Long story short we are going to let our insurance handle the damage part and we are only pursuing the diminished value from theirs. I did find a website that for a fee will assist you in getting diminished values and better claim settlements. I intend on trying them out because I think that on our own it will be difficult to get them to pay the diminished value. I will post again when I know more. I hope this helps someone else that ends up in this crappy situation.
Old 08-29-07, 07:40 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wednesday
Well the a**hole who hit me is still dodging their insurance company and the insurance company won't claim responsibility until they have given these inconsiderate morons "sufficient time to respond" Their insurance company did send an adjuster to look at it and they won't total it, won't replace the soaked carpet and won't pay for the new back tire it needs. The are prorating the tire that has only 5,000 miles and said they will give me 50 bucks. I called and told them that wasnt going to work. Long story short we are going to let our insurance handle the damage part and we are only pursuing the diminished value from theirs. I did find a website that for a fee will assist you in getting diminished values and better claim settlements. I intend on trying them out because I think that on our own it will be difficult to get them to pay the diminished value. I will post again when I know more. I hope this helps someone else that ends up in this crappy situation.

i am sorry this has happend, and unfortunatly it seems i was right about state farm. this is one of the many reasons people should stay away from this company. i would think any company who can see you have a police report, a case number, an insured that was cited and details of the accident, combined with the fact their insured doesnt want to give a statement is admitting fault by ommission.
you would think they would just pay the claim. not state farm, they will deny, deny, deny, deny and deny some more any wrong doing on the part of their insured untill someone else pays for it. in the end, they will suggest going to arbitration with your company in hopes your company won't want to dish out additional legal fees to fight about it. then they will sit around and play games rather than setteling up with your company. in the mean time you will have to pay your deductible to get the damages fixed and hope that *****FARM gets around to paying your claim.
if i were you i would tell the claims adjuster your going to report them to the insurance commissioner by monday next week if they dont pull their head out of their ASSES and settle your claim.
they need to pony up a rental car for you and get on with it. i would be talking to someones supervisor and working my way up the chain. i would also threaten to bad mouth them on the internet if you don't see some action on their part.

about the tire, standard practice to depreciate the value based on use since you cannot buy a used tire. afraid you may have to eat that but i didnt see the tire, apparently they measured the usefull life of the tire and if you know what it costs for a new one it should be easy to calculate what they owe you for it. if its a 200 tire and 50% used then they owe you 100 bucks plus mount, balance and road hazard warranty if applicable.

i wish you lived in colorado i would personally go to battle for you as i hate to see people get screwed with. my hope is that eventually they will **** off enough people that no one will want to do business with them anymore. but they have a higher than mighty attitude because they are the largest insurance company in the US. they really dont care if they **** of a few thousand people a year its all about the numbers with them.

good luck!
Old 11-10-07, 12:20 AM
mikeh555
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go gators!
Old 11-10-07, 05:39 AM
phatboyc
Lead Lap

Glad your ok. The car did his job of protecting you.
Old 11-10-07, 08:01 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Exclamation Update

I have had the car back for a little over A month but was dealing with the insurance company so I didn't want to post anything.

When I got the car back from the "Lexus certified" bodyshop, the interior was filthy, even the new headliner. The exterior had overspray all over it and I still have to take it back for more buffing. I also just realized that when they replaced my rim they didn't tighten the locking lugnut or either didnt put it on at all because its missing.

I don't want to keep it because I am very OCD about my cars and so I will never be able to live with it. I didn't get much diminished value from the jerks at the insurance complany so I am going to be stuck with it for a few more months until I can save enough money to buy a new one or either sell this one because the trade in value is in the toilet.

It doesn't matter because apparantly there is no salesman for Lexus that is even remotely interested in selling me a new one. They say they will check to see if they have a car in their allocation that matches what I want and they will call back and they never do. It was like this the first time we bought, the salesmen act like they could care less if they sell you a car
Anyway here are some photos of how it looks post repair.

Old 11-10-07, 08:05 AM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, at least they did a pretty good job with the paint match on GFM. We all know how hard that is to match. And most importantly, you are okay.
Old 11-10-07, 08:24 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

car looks good from the pics! Everything lines up really good. gald you are closer to your car being all fixed. good luck in your search for the new car.
Old 11-10-07, 08:28 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

wednesday, i know what it feels like to have a damaged car, trust me, time heals all wounds. in a few months you will foget it ever happend.
try not to let it get to you. have them clean what needs to be cleaned and buff what needs to be buffed and move on..
i know thats hard to hear but no car is 100% perfect after an accident. just enjoy it and when your in a position to trade in for a new unit don't worry about it.
Old 11-10-07, 08:37 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

I think they matched it up really well, as long as it drives the same, I would just keep it, you will always lose money trading in since your car is not that old, wait till they make some more changes to the IS and then trade up.

If you don't mind saying what dealer did your paint job? It is a hard color to match up but from the photos it looks decent to me.
Old 11-10-07, 08:38 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by cspec
Well, at least they did a pretty good job with the paint match on GFM. We all know how hard that is to match. And most importantly, you are okay.
^^^^^ agree!
wow! they did a very good job matching the color....!
Old 11-10-07, 08:55 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
I think they matched it up really well, as long as it drives the same, I would just keep it, you will always lose money trading in since your car is not that old, wait till they make some more changes to the IS and then trade up.

If you don't mind saying what dealer did your paint job? It is a hard color to match up but from the photos it looks decent to me.
It was Autoway in Tampa, it is Lexus of Tampa Bay's bodyshop.

In person if the lighting is right I can see swirls (not scratches) in the paint as well as some defects. They didn't blend the rocker panel (I know this because it doesn't quite match and the scratches from the wreck were still there). Other than that they blended it well everywhere else.
Old 11-10-07, 04:54 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Doesn't look totaled to me. Other than the two pasanger side doors, how does everything else line up? The trunk still looks good, how about the driver side doors? If everything else lines up properly, chances are good that the unibody is still true and it won't be totaled.
Old 11-10-07, 06:17 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Do yourself a favor and find a good detailer on a site like www.autopia.org and skip letting the bodyshop inflict additional damage. They do not take the appropriate amount of time necessary to remove swirls, and will probably use strong chemicals on your interior.

Your interior is filthy because the *** clowns at the bodyshop probably left the car sitting around with the windows down. They might have smoked, eaten, etc. in the car as well. The last time I had a car in for repairs I got it back with a McDonalds bag in the back seat.

Spend $300 or so and get your interior and exterior back to "like new" condition. If you let the dealer try to clean it, you'll get a sealant with a ton of fillers and the finish will look like crap again after three washes.

Other than that, the work they did looks good on the pics! I wouldn't rush to trade it. Drive the car for a few months and reevaluate things once you get over the emotional urge to dump the car.
Old 11-10-07, 07:20 PM
Old Oiler
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
wednesday, i know what it feels like to have a damaged car, trust me, time heals all wounds. in a few months you will foget it ever happend.
try not to let it get to you. have them clean what needs to be cleaned and buff what needs to be buffed and move on..
i know thats hard to hear but no car is 100% perfect after an accident. just enjoy it and when your in a position to trade in for a new unit don't worry about it.
This individual has quoted you some very good wisdom. Yes, it's a car and these things bother me too, but as Bass Mech says, "Time heals all wounds." and you will move on.

By the pictures you've shown, barring the overspray and what-nots, they've done an excellent job of repairing the vehicle based on the appearance from the photos.

Take care, this will pass.

Cheers,

Old Oiler

Quick Reply: Somebody rammed my car. Have ?'s (New Pics -56k Beware!)