What I love about my IS:

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-07, 02:17 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default What I love about my IS:

*so many questions/problem threads*

I love it when I'm driving and i see other guys on the sidewalk tap their friends on the shoulders, nod your way for the other guy to turn around and look, and you know hes saying 'check out that lexus'
Old 08-25-07, 02:28 AM
IS250SoCal
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4 sure

I was at a bar 2nite and a older guy (40's 50's) had a IS250 Mat/Red. I talked 2 him for about 20 min.

He now wants red outs/fog overlays and is gonna become a CL member tomorrow! I love my car and people that love Lexus.

Keep the good times rollin!
Old 08-25-07, 04:55 AM
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea I love it too. Came from a ricey Honda to a Lexus. Everytime I drive people just look and droolz :b:: Some dude and his gf in a beat up 98 Jeep Cherokee shot me a bird while they were turning but I could careless. At the end of the day I'm still driving a Lexus and they're still driving a POS cherokee.
Old 08-25-07, 06:08 AM
LexusTexas
Rookie

The little perks: Went to the Texas Rangers game, drove into the Lexus sponsored parking lot right across the street from the stadium and they valet parked it free, normally $30. Came out after the game, they brought the car and we were gone and beat all the crowds.
Old 08-25-07, 06:17 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have the new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (oven) and H3 (toaster). Each time I ride those cars, I always thank god my car is a refrigerator.
Old 08-25-07, 08:13 AM
kingofire
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusTexas
The little perks: Went to the Texas Rangers game, drove into the Lexus sponsored parking lot right across the street from the stadium and they valet parked it free, normally $30. Came out after the game, they brought the car and we were gone and beat all the crowds.
As a sports fan, if this is not a great reason to buy a lexus, nothing else is!!!! I wish i could do that at fenway park!
Old 08-25-07, 08:17 AM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Gotta get tickets to the fens first:P

Actually, I got lots of compliments on my BMW and was one of the first 6k e90s built for this country. Soon enough, the damn things were everywhere. I like the fact that my IS flys under the radar and I don't pull up behind 6 others at a stop light.
Old 08-25-07, 08:34 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 108 Posts

What I Love About My IS:

It spoils me!!!

Everything works exactly when I need it, awesome ML sound system keeps me rockin, A/C that cools me down on these hot FL days, cooled seats that is MORE than just a gimick, a Nav system that is one of the best, used it last night to find a seafood restuarant by the beach 20 miles from where I lived and had never been to before, took less than 2 mins from searching for the name POI to setting the Nav for destination, simply awesome and for guys no more having to ask for directions.

It really does spoil me!!
Old 08-25-07, 09:46 AM
ABC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I love how the car drives so much. I love the interior. It's just an amazing car all around. When i drive rentals (i do often on business trips), i cannot wait to get back home and hop in my car.

When people ask me if i made the right decision buying it, without i doubt i say YES!! I'll keep this thing until 150k miles or more.
Old 08-25-07, 10:51 AM
RXISF
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AzNLeX250
Yea I love it too. Came from a ricey Honda to a Lexus. Everytime I drive people just look and droolz :b:: Some dude and his gf in a beat up 98 Jeep Cherokee shot me a bird while they were turning but I could careless. At the end of the day I'm still driving a Lexus and they're still driving a POS cherokee.
Yep! There are so many angry drivers in Phoenix trying to cut you off or get just one car ahead. It's nice to think 'Who cares, they got one car ahead, but they are driving a pos and I'm enjoying this beautiful car.'
Old 08-25-07, 11:22 AM
JoesIS250
Driver

what i love about my IS s how even after close to 2 years of ownership i can and still will take a look over my shoulder after parking it just to peek at how hot and sexy it still looks. usually after owning a car for 6 months one getas tat blah feeling however not with this car even when i see one on the road it looks just soo sexy
Old 08-25-07, 12:31 PM
jdanon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FiveOhNine
I like the fact that my IS flys under the radar and I don't pull up behind 6 others at a stop light.
For now. The 2IS is only 2-3 years old don't forget and Lexus is still ramping up production numbers for the IS. With the price of this car being so cheap they will be everywhere soon enough. I'm not sure why there is any discounting of this car as the demand seems to be there. I selfishly wish Lexus would keep the price artificially high to keep the car somewhat unique. I know the goal is to sell as many as possible, so we have to enjoy its scarcity for now because it won't last. The IS will be everywhere like the BMW 3-series because it is the cheapest model making it accessible to a lot of people. Maybe Lexus views it as the "entry level" Lexus. I remember seeing the car for the first time last year and said to myself "wow what Lexus is that?" and decided late this winter that I was going to get one as soon as the weather got nice. Once the Spring came I think everyone else had the same idea because since then I've seen increasing numbers of them around here. I had originally planned on getting a GS in the next year or two, but the IS had similar features in a sportier body so I couldn't resist.

Last edited by jdanon; 08-25-07 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-25-07, 01:27 PM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jdanon
For now. The 2IS is only 2-3 years old don't forget and Lexus is still ramping up production numbers for the IS. With the price of this car being so cheap they will be everywhere soon enough. I'm not sure why there is any discounting of this car as the demand seems to be there. I selfishly wish Lexus would keep the price artificially high to keep the car somewhat unique. I know the goal is to sell as many as possible, so we have to enjoy its scarcity for now because it won't last. The IS will be everywhere like the BMW 3-series because it is the cheapest model making it accessible to a lot of people. Maybe Lexus views it as the "entry level" Lexus. I remember seeing the car for the first time last year and said to myself "wow what Lexus is that?" and decided late this winter that I was going to get one as soon as the weather got nice. Once the Spring came I think everyone else had the same idea because since then I've seen increasing numbers of them around here. I had originally planned on getting a GS in the next year or two, but the IS had similar features in a sportier body so I couldn't resist.
I would be absolutely floored if the IS ever sells as well as the 3. And that's a good thing for me. Both the e9x BMWs and the 2IS were introduced in 2006, and I believe that the e9x has about a 3:1 ratio in the US.

Edit: July 2007/YTD sales
IS 4,892/32,568 --- 3series 11,568/84,569

Last edited by FiveOhNine; 08-25-07 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-25-07, 01:32 PM
Perfection
Lead Lap

i love my IS.
Old 08-25-07, 05:46 PM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the first car that I ever owned where I don't feel like I need to improve or change anything.

Quick Reply: What I love about my IS: