IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

questions about the is350

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-07, 02:07 PM
jdanon
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

350s overall are outnumbered by 250s almost five to one, so while it's not hard to get a 350, getting one in the color you want most certainly is hard even as a stock unit, let alone finding one with options not part of the standard build for the sales region. I wish they would publish the standard builds somewhere that's clear and concise. I got a copy of the Eastern Sales Region (which covers VA to ME) one when I started shopping for my 350 earlier in the year, and there are three configurations for the 250 (which is only sold as AWD), and one configuration for the 350. The only way you can find out is go to the build your Lexus page and plug in your zip code. The reason they ask for your zip code is to determine what packages/options/colors are available for your area. This does not necessarily correlate to dealer stock however.
Old 08-26-07, 02:37 PM
Zanorath
Pole Position

I must be weird or something, I went completely out of my way to get a car *without* Nav. I couldn't see paying an extra $3-4000 for something that I would never use, ever. Sure its nice having a screen there, but the nav system itself only irritated me during the test drive. But yeah, as the other guys said its hard to get exactly what you want. Myself I wanted a base model 350, tungsten/black, non sport, non nav, with heated and vented seats. I had to wait around 30 days for one to pop up on the west coast then had to wait longer for it to get from a San Fransisco lot up to Washington.
Old 08-26-07, 03:28 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bolaber
i do like the nav.. but unfortuantely the car's already a lil bit out of my budget. Trying to not get all the things that i dont "have" to have.
if an additional couple grand puts the car out of your price range you should be looking at a different car. i hate to tell you that but its true, i get every car i buy with EVERY option. for 1 thing i hate getting a lesser model and after the fact wishing i got all the extras, it takes the fun right out of a new car! and 2 the car will have a better resale value being fully equipped verses stripped.

and on a side note ive had GPS factory nav in the last 5 cars i have owned and i will never again buy a car without it! sure you dont use it all the time but the times you do use it IMO are well worth it! if you have ever traveled to another city tried to find a resturant motel or ATM or many of the other things they offer you will wonder how you ever drove without one, the detour button is your friend! ive been to LA with navi and let me tell you, having an onboard computer to navigate you around traffic jambs is the next best thing to having a helicopter! ive probly saved myself hours of sitting in traffic both near home and away because of the little computer on my dash telling me another way around this 2 miles of parked cars.
TRUST ME you want the nav, if you cannot afford this car loaded consider an ACURA TL or TSX with nav. either is a great car and considerably less. yes you give up a few things like horsepower but the TL is pretty close.
Old 08-26-07, 05:31 PM
bolaber
Driver School Candidate

everyone buys cars a little differently. In fact, almost everyone i know buys cars with the least amount of options. This time i'm actually buying something with a little more options and no, i dislike the current acura line very much.

Last edited by bolaber; 08-26-07 at 05:35 PM.