IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus WILL replace my factory defected, dealer damaged IS250!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-07, 09:38 AM
dan206
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck hard to make it worth while to get your car replaced. I went through the ropes with my beemer. At most get as much as you can. Extended warranties etc... The laws at least in my state make it very tough to get a whole new car. too much written out in fine print. Legal fees and time make it not worth it.
Old 08-27-07, 09:43 AM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pineapple
You guys are right, I'm pretty sure they will not replace my car, at least I can try. I received a bad apple and the dealership caused a bit a damage to it, and thats life. I'm just mad because this is my first Lexus and everything up to this point has been disappointment after disappointment. It all adds up and now I'm unable to enjoy my car knowing each of these minor flaws exist, don't get me wrong, its a great car. I will most likely trade in my car ($3-4k loss + difference) for an IS350. I am just unable to enjoy this car anymore.
I am with others that Lexus probably won't replace your car but like others said, good luck with your battle.

However, I do think the most important reason for you to go through this is not because of those minor imperfections. I maybe wrong and I'll look like an **** hole if I am wrong. I really think the reason is you have a buyer's remorse about getting an IS250 instead of the IS350. You are hoping if Lexus reimburse you (which they won't, the best best case scenario is they'll replace the IS250 with another one) then you won't have to take the $3-4K loss.

Again, I could be wrong, very wrong...
Old 08-27-07, 10:02 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

And how much did he pay for his atty?
Old 08-27-07, 10:48 AM
THoon
Rookie

Why are you going to trade it in for an IS350 if you're having so many problems with your IS250?? It's the same exact car. Are you going to be upset again if the 350 has the same gaps? Didn't you do a walk through of the car to see if there were any damages before taking the keys?
Old 08-27-07, 11:08 AM
davidbenji
Pole Position

I dont understand people that dont look at the car they are buying. Didnt your sales rep do a walk through of the car and features with you? I know mine did and it took a good 30 min and during that time I looked for anything that looked out of the ordinary beacuse I knew once I drove off its alot harder to get remedies.
Old 08-27-07, 04:21 PM
newis350
Pole Position

I concur with all the comments. Why did you take delivery of the car if the paint had problems? Why are you talking about getting an IS350 if you just got the IS250? Just because Lexus has a customer service that seems to be responsive to customer complaints does not mean that you need to complain about everything. (i.e. gaps in the interior)
Old 08-27-07, 04:50 PM
Pineapple

Since my car is a dark metallic blue it was very difficult to see paint defects, on top of that the wax they used was chock full of fillers. I guess I didn't spend enough time checking out the car pre-delivery, lesson learned. If they do reimburse me I would get the IS350 since the cost difference would be worth it to me. If they don't, I'll be losing 4k on the trade in which wouldn't be worth it and Ill just keep my IS250.

I would definitely buy a 2IS again, its a great car. It just happens that I received a bad apple from a bad dealership. I don't think Im being super picky or complaining unnecessarily. The issues with my car are valid and if you don't think so then thats you. Interior gap is very distracting but I can live with it. The dealer messing up my paint is unacceptable and they are working to fix it. The paint defects may not be noticeable at a quick glance, but they definitely are factory paint defects and the roof is pretty severe (the Service Manager agreed it is quite severe and noticeable).

The Lexus rep will be here next week and we will work something out. I would have expected a little more support and sympathy from you guys but you guys think Im nitpicking, and thats fine. I will work this out myself. Thanks for the help though.
Old 08-27-07, 04:54 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Good Luck! i went to steven creek and all i saw was people hanging around and the sales rep didnt even do a good job with me. he didnt show us a car, he didnt even ask for us to test drive it. They only wanted to go through the numbers.
Old 08-27-07, 06:09 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Yeah. Stevens Creek sales really sucks. Ultimately, I didn't buy my car from them, although I tried. They just couldn't be bothered doing a special order, instead they just sat on my deposit for 4 months.

Their service deptartment, on the other hand, is top notch.
Old 08-27-07, 06:27 PM
THoon
Rookie

Steven Creek's sales does suck! I emailed the internet sales manager and worked out a price for my father's ES350. He lives in San Jose but I specifically told them he's in AZ but will be back in CA the following week. When he got there they said the price I was quoted was only if he came last week. They jacked up the price $800 even though I told him he would be there the next week and they said that's fine. They never said the price was only good for 1 week until after he got there.
Old 08-27-07, 06:57 PM
jdanon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 15951
Expecting a decent fit and finish on a brand new Lexus makes us douche bags? I'm betting Lexus much prefers idiots that will accept poor quality. Automakers make improvements when they are forced to. If Lexus quality slips and we all just shrug our shoulders and say "it's just a dressed up Toyota", then we deserve poor quality.
Agreed. If the customer doesn't hold the auto manufacturer accountable for quality then who will?
Old 08-27-07, 08:47 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,257 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Originally Posted by Pineapple
will deal with this on my own. no need to reply to this thread anymore.
Thread closed at OP request.