IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

$#!@%*&!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-07, 06:43 AM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Received 120 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Well, I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. This afternoon somebody plowed into my parked car and kept going on their merry way - they didn't even give me the courtesy of a reach-around. It's amazing to me that someone can impact a car like this enough to RUIN my wheel, stop to pick up the piece of my taillight that they smashed, place it on top of the car (check out the very nicely placed piece of taillight on top of my rear windshield), and then take off. I am thankful that this wasn't a more dangerous or damaging collision and no one was hurt (I think), and of course, it could always be worse - at least it won't affect my insurance premium. What a great way to start my three day weekend...

Now I get to spend all day tomorrow on the phone with the insurance company, the wrecker, and the body shop. I'll probably be in a Ford rental car for a couple of weeks while my car gets fixed. Looks like I'll need a new rear bumper and good amount of body work and paint blending on my rear quarter panel. Who knows how long I'll have to wait for a replacement wheel to arrive. Hopefully I get it back before EOS.

To whoever did this: may Karma be merciful on your soul - because if I ever find out who you are, I can guarantee you that I won't.

Javier

That is extremely painful to look @!!! If ya ever find the fawker who did it & need an accomplice holla @cha boy ill bury the evidence!!!
Old 09-02-07, 07:44 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

you know, if i were to guess how that happend, i think your looking for a truck pulling a wide trailer utility trailer there is no car of any type i can think of that has sharp enough edges on it to catch a rim like that and bend it. as for the tail light i think it broke and that peice just happend to land on top. i dont think anyone stopped. it chould have been a passerby who walked up and laid that peice there but i seriously doubt whoever did that had any intentions of stopping.
if it was a trailer, its possible the driver may not have even realised they hit your car.
Old 09-02-07, 08:47 AM
CeoStatus0
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn man, my hit and run wasn't that bad, but all in all the pain is still the same.

GFM victim members need to form a support group hehe
Old 09-02-07, 08:54 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Haha, the GFM accident support group, huh? Something about that doesn't sound quite right... Let's make it the Glacier Frost Mica accident support group... Thanks again for the comments and advice, everyone!

Javier
Old 09-02-07, 09:08 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Holy Crap!

Javy, that sucks!

Our EOS Pace Car is now out of commission!!!
Old 09-02-07, 09:40 AM
LexFather

I'm sorry to see this dude...time for more mods!!
Old 09-02-07, 10:39 AM
Axvel
Driver

it'll buff right out
Old 09-02-07, 05:00 PM
Ericm
Driver School Candidate

Dude that’s so messed up... I would be so mad. I had someone rear end me (not bad) in my car (2 weeks old) and the body shop wanted to replace the bumper. It took them three tries to color match the paint. The White Pearl is the hardest to color match, I would find your local Lexus Certified Body shop and take it there... Make sure it’s done correctly.
E~
Old 09-02-07, 06:04 PM
jasonviper
Pole Position

Man sorry to see that happen. I know how it feels. I don't know but that line could even match up with a truck tailgate but who knows just hope you get the car back soon.
Old 09-02-07, 08:41 PM
kicks
Rookie

Damn Javy... the pix hurt my heart to look at! My '98 Accord coupe was a victim to a hit and run similar to yours, but with more damage, and my insurance co. claimed it a total loss. I picked up the IS with the insurance money so my sadness quickly turned to happiness... I hope your story ends as happy as mine!
Old 09-02-07, 11:47 PM
tracerit
Pole Position

where was your car parked? on the curb or in those parking lot spots? that's really *****ed up what happened though!
Old 09-03-07, 01:14 AM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Ouch Javy, sorry to see your car in that shape. Hopefully you can catch the person that did that and have them pay for damages.

Good luck on the repairs.
Old 09-03-07, 07:05 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy geez

Another beautiful GFM damaged by a careless and inconsiderate driver It seems like you can't have anything nice these days. Mine wasn't a hit and run, I just can't imagine how mad I would have been if it was. I hope you find the person responsible.
Old 09-03-07, 11:57 AM
kindred6ul
Driver

That paint is gonna be impossible to match.
Old 09-03-07, 12:02 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kindred6ul
That paint is gonna be impossible to match.
You must be a motivational speaker in your spare time.

Quick Reply: $#!@%*&!!!