IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

$#!@%*&!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-07, 12:05 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Actually GFM is a color that is VERY difficult to match.

GFM is a 3 stage paint.

Stage 1 - White
Stage 2 - Pearl
Stage 3 - Clear

The most challenging stage is the pearl. Laying too much pearl or too little will cause it not to match. For an experienced painter, i am certain they can do a excellent match.

Ive had a hit & run earlier in the year and it came out a good match.
Old 09-03-07, 12:07 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats horrible. I don't think that wheel can be salvaged, at least I wouldn't drive on it repaired. I hope you find out who did this!
Old 09-03-07, 12:07 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, that's a dealership. I bet it was a truck that hit you.

Find out what trucks were in and out of there on the day you were hit...shouldn't be too hard.

There's a good chance the truck hit you and didn't even know it.
Old 09-03-07, 12:25 PM
jasonviper
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well when then the truck hit that rim they should have felt it!
Old 09-03-07, 08:33 PM
mir
Driver

Originally Posted by caymandive
People need to learn to drive!

Sorry Javy I think most of us can feel you pain.

I'm really curious as to what hit you and how fast they were going. That kind of damage to a rim and tire while sitting still in a parking lot. Let us know when you are finally able to view the video footage if there is any.
While I agree people need to learn to drive, I think it is even more important to become responsible citizen. Accidents do happen whether we like it or not. But no owning upto one's actions is just reprehensible and there is no excuse. Javy I hope you get some clues from the tapes and find the offender.
Old 09-03-07, 10:25 PM
jim350
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel your pain. I've had cars keyed, and stolen and stripped. Seeing so many bad things happening to our IS' makes me want to keep her in the garage covered until the bad Karma goes away! Good luck with the tapes, we all hope you catch the SOB.
Old 09-03-07, 10:49 PM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Well, I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. This afternoon somebody plowed into my parked car and kept going on their merry way - they didn't even give me the courtesy of a reach-around. It's amazing to me that someone can impact a car like this enough to RUIN my wheel, stop to pick up the piece of my taillight that they smashed, place it on top of the car (check out the very nicely placed piece of taillight on top of my rear windshield), and then take off. I am thankful that this wasn't a more dangerous or damaging collision and no one was hurt (I think), and of course, it could always be worse - at least it won't affect my insurance premium. What a great way to start my three day weekend...

Now I get to spend all day tomorrow on the phone with the insurance company, the wrecker, and the body shop. I'll probably be in a Ford rental car for a couple of weeks while my car gets fixed. Looks like I'll need a new rear bumper and good amount of body work and paint blending on my rear quarter panel. Who knows how long I'll have to wait for a replacement wheel to arrive. Hopefully I get it back before EOS.

To whoever did this: may Karma be merciful on your soul - because if I ever find out who you are, I can guarantee you that I won't.

Javier
Wow, looks like a hit and run. I didn't read all the posts in the entire thread because it's longer than crap, but that has got to be a huge dissapointment--judging how new your car is. I can tell you one thing....it's definitely not me that hit you, lol. Otherwise, I would've suffered similar damage as you. I'm sure the cost of damage is great enough where the insurance company will pay for it.

But after that, I hope your rate doesn't go up either. There are a lot of idiot drivers here in southern california. I do mostly freeway driving and rarely hit the streets for commute, unless if it is to gas up or shopping. I have dings and scratches on my hideous car already. It looks bad. Don't be fooled by my sig. That was taken when it was brand spanking new!!!
Old 09-04-07, 06:59 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

This reminds me of an S2000 that I saw hit in a parking lot back in early 2000. It was one of the first S2000's I had ever seen, and it was in a VERY busy fast food parking lot. A guy in a POS pickup truck was backing out of the spot next to the S2000, and he got too close. His steel front bumper locked onto the front fender (it was backed in), and started ripping it apart. Not only did it destroy the fender, but it took out the front headlight, and popped off the front bumper cover.

The guy in the truck parked again, walked inside the restaurant for a couple seconds, then quickly came back out and left. The parking lot was so busy that I guess he figured that would be the only way he could get away with it. Anyway, when I finally parked, I went inside and found the owner, and told him what happened. I felt so sorry for him, since S2000's were going for well over MSRP in those days. Unfortunately, I couldn't see his license plate number...
Old 09-04-07, 07:10 AM
SonnyIs350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FiveOhNine
There is a special place in hell for people like that.
Exactly right the doors are opened and waiting for them!!!!

Sorry to see that Javy
Old 09-04-07, 08:22 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ouch that looks painful to look at! hopefully you get it fixed asap. any idea which shop you're gonna take it to yet?
Old 09-04-07, 03:48 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FiveOhNine
There is a special place in hell for people like that.
I'm sure 90% of the population has done worse things to deserve Hell.
Old 09-04-07, 03:54 PM
XtrabOoSt
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gernby
I'm sure 90% of the population has done worse things to deserve Hell.
Yup..*
Old 09-04-07, 04:01 PM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

shoudl've hit the civic instead
Old 09-04-07, 04:38 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ihkskim
shoudl've hit the civic instead
Now I'm embarrassed to be a part of this thread...
Old 09-04-07, 05:16 PM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

have a sense of humor~

Quick Reply: $#!@%*&!!!