IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

$#!@%*&!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-07, 09:45 PM
is4fsr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So sorry to see your car like that. You believe in KARMA? It will happen to that A.H. too w/ a thunder.

Oops didn't read the last part. You do believe in Karma. I do too and that person will get it ten fold. Good luck.

Last edited by is4fsr; 09-04-07 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-04-07, 10:02 PM
DRIVEN1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JavyLSU: That really sucks!! Here is a thought though that may help you. It looks like your car is parked at a dealership or something similar. Is this accurate? If so, every dealership here in Arizona has a ton of cameras on the lot that cover everything. If this lot has this, you may be able to bribe them to let you view the tapes. Don't bother asking the police, they won't take the time. However, if you do find the evidence on the tapes, then the police will go after the car. I know this doesn't make your car better but it may get you revenge and justice. GOOD LUCK!
Old 09-04-07, 11:53 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Well, I decided to use Longo's collision repair center to get my car fixed. I got some other recommendations from people, but in the end I just didn't feel confident letting anyone else match my Glacier Frost Mica paint. I also got my temporary replacement for the Pace Car... a craptastic Ford Fusion.

Don't be fooled by the slick advertising - I know I didn't vote in this poll, and the guy enjoying this car is most definitely not me. Especially not with that ugly shirt...

I have never heard 160 horsepower moan so much to get up a hill. This car is exactly why Ford Motor Company is going bankrupt. There are soooo many better ways to spend $18,000. It's got a fake carbon fiber finish on the (already ugly) center console, euro lights (didn't those go out of style about 5 years ago?), incredibly uncomfortable seats, and a suspension that somehow manages to be mushy while letting you feel every single crack in the pavement. I'm gonna have to check out www.fordfusion.net and see if there's anything I can mod. Boy, do I miss my car...

Javier
Old 09-05-07, 12:57 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Your analysis of your Ford Fusion is too funny! I hope your car gets fixed soon! I am missing my GFM 350 as well :[ I hope Longo does a good job for you; when I was researching I heard decidedly mixed thoughts on them. Good luck with your car!
Old 09-05-07, 06:48 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

LOL at the Ford fusion description! They had a row of the fusions and the horrible egg on wheels Avios at the rental place I went to. There was also one lonely black on black 07 Passat and I somehow managed to get that, thank god! Don't get me wrong, the Passat makes me miss my IS everyday but at least it looks okay. Hopefully your car won't take as long to repair as mine (it will be the beginning of October most likely before it is repaired)
Old 09-05-07, 06:52 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Well, I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. This afternoon somebody plowed into my parked car and kept going on their merry way - they didn't even give me the courtesy of a reach-around. It's amazing to me that someone can impact a car like this enough to RUIN my wheel, stop to pick up the piece of my taillight that they smashed, place it on top of the car (check out the very nicely placed piece of taillight on top of my rear windshield), and then take off. I am thankful that this wasn't a more dangerous or damaging collision and no one was hurt (I think), and of course, it could always be worse - at least it won't affect my insurance premium. What a great way to start my three day weekend...

Now I get to spend all day tomorrow on the phone with the insurance company, the wrecker, and the body shop. I'll probably be in a Ford rental car for a couple of weeks while my car gets fixed. Looks like I'll need a new rear bumper and good amount of body work and paint blending on my rear quarter panel. Who knows how long I'll have to wait for a replacement wheel to arrive. Hopefully I get it back before EOS.

To whoever did this: may Karma be merciful on your soul - because if I ever find out who you are, I can guarantee you that I won't.

Javier

There's no way that icehole nicely placed your tail lens on top of your car--probably a concerned citizen seeing the aftermath. Too bad they werent there to get the lic number.
Old 09-05-07, 07:19 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I also got my temporary replacement for the Pace Car... a craptastic Ford Fusion.

I have never heard 160 horsepower moan so much to get up a hill. This car is exactly why Ford Motor Company is going bankrupt. There are soooo many better ways to spend $18,000. It's got a fake carbon fiber finish on the (already ugly) center console, euro lights (didn't those go out of style about 5 years ago?), incredibly uncomfortable seats, and a suspension that somehow manages to be mushy while letting you feel every single crack in the pavement.
Javy, you're so spoiled!
Old 09-05-07, 07:27 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

OUCH! sorry to see that......

That REALLY hurts.....I feel your pain......

Hopefully your insurance company will take care of that in no time.....

With the damage like that, the other car's probably need to fix as well.....so check around to see if you can "find" that car........I know the police wont help much.....
Old 09-05-07, 10:08 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Well, I decided to use Longo's collision repair center to get my car fixed. I got some other recommendations from people, but in the end I just didn't feel confident letting anyone else match my Glacier Frost Mica paint. I also got my temporary replacement for the Pace Car... a craptastic Ford Fusion.
I say you need a NEW insurance company (with a flexible rental car rider), or negotiate a better deal with the rental car company. . .
Old 09-05-07, 10:41 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

^Actually, my insurance (State Farm) covers up to $30/day for 30 days. Everyone else's insurance policy that I've spoken to covers less than that, usually $20-$25 a day.

Javier
Old 09-05-07, 10:55 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

^ Then negotiate ! Years ago Enterprise wanted to put me in an altima based upon my rental car allowance. I told the manager that this was a guaranteed 5 week revenue stream, after some haggling he got me into a fully loaded maxima (2 level upgrade). Now a maxima is no IS, but it's gotta be hellava lot nicer than a fusion . . .
Old 09-05-07, 11:08 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Hmm, that's good info - thanks!

Javier
Old 09-05-07, 11:24 AM
SkydotCom
Rookie

i believe it must be a tractor-trailer. You know how they make wide turns and still go up the curb. Since you parked near the corner, I guess that is what happen.
Old 09-05-07, 05:02 PM
is4fsr
Lead Lap

^Actually, my insurance (State Farm) covers up to $30/day for 30 days. Everyone else's insurance policy that I've spoken to covers less than that, usually $20-$25 a day.

Javier
It depends on your carrier. AAA offers different coverages for rentals.
Old 09-05-07, 05:28 PM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Received 120 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by is4fsr
It depends on your carrier. AAA offers different coverages for rentals.
your right, cause on all my cars i have $45 a day, which makes it easier to get something big to beat up on if i ever get into an accident & need a rental!!!

Quick Reply: $#!@%*&!!!