Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

more picture!!!!

of your gf
Old 09-02-07, 09:06 PM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sick car@o@... how could it move? Haha Just kidding... Nice setup not my cup of tea but looks OK... I would say if it is in Black it would be much more VIP than now... Anyway your GF and her IS looks so HOT HOT HOT!
Old 09-02-07, 09:08 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

am I the only one that finds it amazing you did all that while still on your temp plate??
Old 09-02-07, 10:27 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

freakin sweet. one of the best on this forum
Old 09-03-07, 06:50 AM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
am I the only one that finds it amazing you did all that while still on your temp plate??
well if you have the money, you do research before you buy the car. You buy all the parts first and once u got the car u put it in right away. It isn't really amazing, its all about the money haha. Look to me like his hot gf got it made, what a lucky girl .
Old 09-03-07, 06:53 AM
Letz250
Pole Position

WOW that's what to call a sick crazy drop
Old 09-03-07, 06:53 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
it was my idea to get everthing done so fast. she order her goodies 2 months ago. the ings+1 kit i ordered them to stock back in april. she decide to pick it up so i hold it for her. she came by my shop after drove off from the dealer lot on 7/31. so i made a few phone calls to work wheels and airrunner and have everything air freight in. i didn't start working on the car the week before the show. it went from stock to show ready in about 1 week. about 3 days at my shop and the other days at the body shop to paint the kit.

i have a few customers came in with brand new cars and then we take it apart to do alot of stuff. i think the lowest miles record is 22miles on the odo and the dealer window sticker still intact.
Old 09-03-07, 08:09 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Very nice... The car isn't bad either.
Old 09-04-07, 04:54 AM
immature
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by REV-01
it is custom ordered, because i ordered them. at ride height there is about 6mm to the inner fender. i could order something even more aggressive like a 10.5" and roll the fenders. but i don't really want to do it on a new 400 mile car where she didn't even fill her first tank of gas.
I would like everyone to know that REV-01 is the freakin man! he is the one who ordered all the parts and built this car. If not for him, my gf's car would probably still be stock. he should be crowned VIP king of Hawaii.

I really appreciate all the compliments and other feedback. i never expected this much response for the car. Thanks CK6speed and llamaboiz for answering a bunch of those questions from people.

Originally Posted by LiLS
NOS?!?!!?? that aint nos.
where can i buy those guages/switches?
everything comes with the AirRunner kit, so it's cool cause you don't need to buy anything separate. the digital gauge is an upgrade from the normal kit, also made by AirRunner.

For those that are curious, the whole kit starts at around $4500. If you upgrade the gauges, lines, air tank, etc, you can easily rack up your bill to close to $7000. According to the AirRunner site, there are only about 7 authorized dealers in the US. My gf was lucky that REV-01 is the only dealer in Hawaii.

You'd be amazed at how well the ride is. Most people think of air as being squishy-feeling or bouncing all over the place. It actually feels pretty close to coilovers, especially if you ride at a reasonable height.

I haven't included any more interior pics cause no other upgrades were made other than the custom mounting of switches and the gauge which were done by REV-01. Seats and everything is all stock. I just put that interior pic in so everyone could see how much stuff had to get pulled out in order to install all the lines and stuff.

Originally Posted by emoshun
Maybe try to repost this thread in the VIP sub forum and see what happens?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/vip-style-188/
thanks for the suggestion. i honestly didn't even know there was a VIP sub forum... i appologize for being a dumb noob.
Old 09-04-07, 06:16 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

it's a sweet ride for sure, but i wouldn't call it VIP style.
Old 09-04-07, 06:21 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

very clean IS, looks great on airrunners
Old 09-04-07, 09:38 AM
WALDIS350
Pole Position

man im in love, this is want i wanted to do to my ride mad props!!!
Old 09-04-07, 04:46 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by car_lost
it's a sweet ride for sure, but i wouldn't call it VIP style.
That is the thing. Everyone has an interpretation, but the guys from Junction Produce who came from Japan liked it. Sure, there are some things they would do different as always like use all JP products, but over all they were very impressed with all the Revision Audio built cars. Check out the President of Japan JP's personal blog. Lots of good things to say about the Revision built cars also with his own things he would have done different. It is NOT a VIP car, but definitely VIP Style. My personal opinion is if the so called founder's of VIP says its all in the right direction, it is in the right direction. This car is not on his blog because it doesn't have enough JP products on it, but he did mention that the person who built these cars has really studied Japan VIP. This is out of the President of Junction Produce mouth. Too me, that says a heck of a lot.

While I think Junction Produce is expensive has heck, the one thing I noticed about them these last few shows is that they are very willing to mingle with the crowed, talk to the competitors, and give advice. I think that builds up good customer relationship.
Old 09-04-07, 05:07 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

I'm not trying to start an arguement so please dont take this as an offesnive statement... think of it as jsut a discussion. With that said...

You said it yourself "but he did mention that the person who built these cars has really studied Japan VIP." It doens't seem like he specifically mentioned the IS as being VIP styled.

Post it on vipstylecars.com... I think the consensus will be that is a very nice car, but it is not VIP styled. The key elements to VIP style is stance and fitment. Everything else is secondary. It doesn't seem like the wheel fitment is all that aggressive.
Old 09-04-07, 05:26 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok ppl, wanna see more pics of that IS? ALSO the cruise they had this past sunday?

*course my car is there BUT... i felt so out of place... wait till you see their cars*

HERE scroll down and page 2 has alot of pics too, 56k ppl... good luck

Quick Reply: My gf's VIP style 250