IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My gf's VIP style 250

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-07, 01:13 AM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by car_lost
I'm not trying to start an arguement so please dont take this as an offesnive statement... think of it as jsut a discussion. With that said...

You said it yourself "but he did mention that the person who built these cars has really studied Japan VIP." It doens't seem like he specifically mentioned the IS as being VIP styled.

Post it on vipstylecars.com... I think the consensus will be that is a very nice car, but it is not VIP styled. The key elements to VIP style is stance and fitment. Everything else is secondary. It doesn't seem like the wheel fitment is all that aggressive.

sup carlos not time no talk how are you doing with your lexus?

the fitment on the is250 looks not aggressive at all is because this application airrunner slam more than other ones we did in the past. it travel 6" where others only travel 5". it camber in so much that it make it look "weak sauce". but i already max out what i can do on the fitment without modify the fenders.

i could mod the fenders to do other people's definition of "vip style" but on this case i whether not to do it on a brand new car. i have the knowledge and power to make them how i want them if need to. in this case i choose not to. check this pic out i can do both:

this pics show how her car is like when rolling, it is already more aggressive than a normal clublexus fitment. for those in clublexus who think the car is too low where it looks like is broken, this pic is also for you.

the reason why i decide not to go crazy with the fitment on this car is simple, is a female daily driven car. she got all these goodies before she even fill up her first tank of gas. she will not ride dirty like some of us hardcore guys. and if the fitment is made to do tsuraichi then it will look 4x4 at her driving height like this

i have customers come in all the time and tell me that they want to go as aggressive as they can. then i usually reply with how much work you are willing to do to make them fit, most extreme fitments require body work. then there are some who got the wheels with the crazy fitment after waiting 3 months for them and i got them extreme stretch tires too. but they don't get used to the new wheels being 4-5" wider than stock before and curb them first day.

for the vip or vip style thing i don't have too much to say, because i don't even qualify to comment.
Old 09-05-07, 02:15 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

car_lost, I lived in japan in the from the mid to late 90's and i seen all styles of modding there from VIP to drift to touge to bosozoku and all the other stuff that we consider 'weird' (hello kitty/kero kero motif). When i came back to states i was in LA and when i told ppl about all what i seen, everyone was clueless. Only recently has VIP/Drift hit the 'mainstream' and even then it doesnt compare to what they do in Japan. I can only imagine what they do today. Your statement about fitment is everything and the rest is secondary... huh? Yes fitment is important but its only 1 part of a total package. If you dont have the full custom VIP int. to match the VIP ext. then your not finished... If you want true JDM bippu then 'fitment is everything' is not everything. Whats a VIP car without the rear armrest Dom bottle chiller and glass flutes/purple velour or crush velvet upholstery? Its just another car with rims.
Old 09-05-07, 02:18 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by REV-01

for the vip or vip style thing i don't have too much to say, because i don't even qualify to comment.

Sorry, when it comes to VIP, or VIP Style, I tend to listend to your opinion over most even over those on the VIPStyle forum. I'm a member there as well, but don't really care for some of the people's attitude so I rarely go there now. I know you don't like to toot your own horn, but just watching you build the cars you do (Not just the show cars) proves to me that you know more about VIP and VIP Style than most.

What I like about you is you not only understand it, you can build it as well, BUT you never force your style or opinion on the customer. You advise, but let your customers build the car they want. Not the car you want, or the car everyone else wants. That is why your reputation is so high with those that know you.

Anyone can build a cookie cutter VIP car. You my friend, are not affraid to expand and innovate. That is why you not only get local, but national and even international recognition.

That is all I have to say about it. I'll always give props where props are warranted.

I'll take myself out of this discussion now since our opinions are just that, and we are not here to change anyone else's opnion.
Old 09-05-07, 02:36 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
That is why your reputation is so high with those that know you.
LOL i just met these guys on sunday and i know where i'm gonna be taking my car when i need too from now I do kinda wish he was the type of guy to pass out a bussiness card Course i got a 350 for the speed so i wont be going the full custom route, I'm still the 'all go, no show' kinda guy, weight = death, but damm those cars were nice...

I have a new IS350 xpac and i felt so out of place, im still depressed just thinking about the cars i saw on sundays cruise, but will that stop me from going on a another cruise with them? Nope, I'll be there in a heartbeat
Old 09-05-07, 02:36 AM
Lexus Boy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks great you 2 keep it up good work! an welcome to CL
Old 09-05-07, 05:28 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by REV-01
sup carlos not time no talk how are you doing with your lexus?

the fitment on the is250 looks not aggressive at all is because this application airrunner slam more than other ones we did in the past. it travel 6" where others only travel 5". it camber in so much that it make it look "weak sauce". but i already max out what i can do on the fitment without modify the fenders.

i could mod the fenders to do other people's definition of "vip style" but on this case i whether not to do it on a brand new car. i have the knowledge and power to make them how i want them if need to. in this case i choose not to. check this pic out i can do both:

this pics show how her car is like when rolling, it is already more aggressive than a normal clublexus fitment. for those in clublexus who think the car is too low where it looks like is broken, this pic is also for you.

the reason why i decide not to go crazy with the fitment on this car is simple, is a female daily driven car. she got all these goodies before she even fill up her first tank of gas. she will not ride dirty like some of us hardcore guys. and if the fitment is made to do tsuraichi then it will look 4x4 at her driving height like this

Hey samson... I've lost a lot of interest in modding the IS since the accident I had... I did recently just buy some LED map/dome lights though LOL.

Anyway, I never questioned why you didn't do one thing or another... Regardless of what you did, I am positive you had good reason to do (which is what you just said, haha )

After my post last night, I started to wonder about the fitment at ride height and thought to myself that it is probably pretty flush at ride height, which from the pic you posted, it is.

I still don't get that VIP style feeling from it though. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

Regardless of all that, it's a wonderful build and looks very well done. If i was in Hawaii... I'd definitely give my business to Samson. It is difficult to find anyone that does any kind of quality work on cars down here in South Florida and when you do... good luck getting an appointment. You guys are lucky to have Samson.
Old 09-05-07, 05:31 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
car_lost, I lived in japan in the from the mid to late 90's and i seen all styles of modding there from VIP to drift to touge to bosozoku and all the other stuff that we consider 'weird' (hello kitty/kero kero motif). When i came back to states i was in LA and when i told ppl about all what i seen, everyone was clueless. Only recently has VIP/Drift hit the 'mainstream' and even then it doesnt compare to what they do in Japan. I can only imagine what they do today. Your statement about fitment is everything and the rest is secondary... huh? Yes fitment is important but its only 1 part of a total package. If you dont have the full custom VIP int. to match the VIP ext. then your not finished... If you want true JDM bippu then 'fitment is everything' is not everything. Whats a VIP car without the rear armrest Dom bottle chiller and glass flutes/purple velour or crush velvet upholstery? Its just another car with rims.
I feel that the key element to VIP style, is the stance and wheel fitment. What I mean by secondary is that anything else just adds to it... but to get that looks... you gotta have the stance and fitment. This is just my opinion and just how I feel about it.
Old 09-05-07, 06:40 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by car_lost
If i was in Hawaii... I'd definitely give my business to Samson. It is difficult to find anyone that does any kind of quality work on cars down here in South Florida and when you do... good luck getting an appointment. You guys are lucky to have Samson.
If you are even in town just let us know. We can probably try to throw a meet or cruise together or something.
Old 09-05-07, 06:44 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
If you are even in town just let us know. We can probably try to throw a meet or cruise together or something.
If I am ever in Hawaii... I will DEFINITELY let you guys know. I'd love to check out the car scene there and shoot the ***** with you guys for a bit.
Old 09-05-07, 07:09 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Nice IS250 glad to see the envelope being pushed with the platform and not the traditional clublexus cookie cutter setup.

Originally Posted by dfw350
dude why would u bag an IS.. and what seats did u put in...
I guess I don't really get it why waste so much money on 250 by putting in NOS and all that stuff when 350 still will own it.
Not everyone wants the superfast IS350

And it's obvious she bagged because she's going with a show setup.

NOS?? I'll leave that one alone.

A 250 with the right shot of NOS will own a 350.
Old 09-05-07, 12:05 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexus GS3
Are you recommending her to get wheels that sticks out like yours? Reminds me of the old skool disco roller skates.
Get a clue troll...and stop shadowing my posts.

BTW, that 2IS is a very nice car, well built, and obviously setup a certain way for a reason, drive ability & looks. Props to the builders!
Old 09-07-07, 11:33 PM
BUST
Pole Position

Wow the rears are so tucked! Cleanest looking IS, looking good man
Old 09-07-07, 11:53 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

not vip but mayb with different wheels

looks good tho, quality parts
Old 09-08-07, 09:29 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

absolutely amazing....nice work!
Old 09-08-07, 04:32 PM
ohnoitsmo
Pole Position

wooowww that looks absolutely sick!!
makes me wanna bag my 250, but my dad would kill me if he found out i bagged another car
major props it looks sick
and whats with all these people hating on bags, and they dont even know how it works (adjustable ride height..)

Quick Reply: My gf's VIP style 250