IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Want to buy another is350

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-07, 10:47 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jonjon83
so as some of u saw in my last thread while back i totaled my is350..well the insurance paid my car off and i got 9Gs in the pocket..i wanna get the 08 is350 hopefully before next summer but my pops told me i should wait out til next fall for the 09s cuz he wants to buy a 09LS460..my question is should i wait? will we really get a crazy deal? i bought my 07 for 1,500 above invoice...will the dealer go below invoice for both cars?
If pops is footing the bill, do you really have a choice ? If you're buying the car, do some research and just buy another car. I can't imagine a dealer giving you both cars below invoice or even at invoice, I can see $500 over invoice for both if bought at the same time . . .
Old 09-05-07, 10:50 AM
inxexisten
Lead Lap

There is no point to really wait unless you want to save money...changes will probably be very suttle...like the minor changes from the 07 to the 08 a coin holder... 1/2 inch extra of rear leg room, ect. Btw If you want an easy 500 over invoice or less simply call up dealerships nearby your residence and ask for the fleet manager and ask for what the best deal they can give since you live in california and theres lexus dealerships everywhere. I did this and found that Lexus of riverside fleet manager said 700 over invoice and I called up tustin and he said he would beat whatever invoice since yorba linda was their targeted area for sales...so i got it 500 over invoice without any hassles.

Last edited by inxexisten; 09-05-07 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-05-07, 11:44 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

so as some of u saw in my last thread while back i totaled my is350..well the insurance paid my car off and i got 9Gs in the pocket..i wanna get the 08 is350 hopefully before next summer but my pops told me i should wait out til next fall for the 09s cuz he wants to buy a 09LS460..my question is should i wait? will we really get a crazy deal? i bought my 07 for 1,500 above invoice...will the dealer go below invoice for both cars?
I am assuming the $9 grand is the net after you paid off the loan on the wrecked IS. Putting $9 k down on a new IS is going to leave you with a loan of around $25-$30k. Do you really need another car that expensive? Everybody will chime in and say, 'Do it!' or 'get an IS-F', but does it really make sense at age 24 to be driving a Lexus after just having wrecked one? Why not chill for awhile and drive what you have, and analyze your needs after your insurance stabilizes. You probably haven't seen the effects of the 'sprinkler trouble' yet on your premium.
Old 09-05-07, 11:50 AM
jasonviper
Pole Position

Thats kinda true, going back to the same car with the same insurance company is not going to be a very smart idea. When my tC got totaled I wanted to get another tC but the insurance was going to triple if I went that route so I waited a year and then got my IS. ^
Old 09-05-07, 11:58 AM
Pineapple

Is this the same guy that turned off traction control to because he was curious and lost control going 40 MPH in a residential area?
Old 09-05-07, 01:13 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pineapple
Is this the same guy that turned off traction control to because he was curious and lost control going 40 MPH in a residential area?
I think you have your accidents mixed up. Easy to do so, I know, since there's so many here every week...

The circumstances of this one were never quite clear. According to the OP, he was going around 50 in a 45 or 50MPH zone, and there was a puddle caused by some sprinklers in the center divider, and next thing you know, his car flipped multiple times (or was it once), and somebody stole the 3 from his 350 badge at the junkyard. And his Ipod.

In any case, we are just a forum filled with above average drivers who don't need a top speed limiter or VDIM, yet are extremely unlucky to always get into accidents that aren't our fault....
Old 09-05-07, 01:19 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

yea i got a 98 camry...
Originally Posted by xkylar
I'm sorry
Originally Posted by ben_r_
Wow I bet that sucks driving the camry!
Well Joe Gibbs racing likes the Camry very very much: http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;...v=ap&type=lgns
Old 09-05-07, 02:04 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

How much did the insurance company give you for the IS350??
Old 09-05-07, 02:15 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Does Lexus deal on the LS? I'd bet they sell every single one easily. I see them all over.
Old 09-05-07, 03:04 PM
inxexisten
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tex2670
Does Lexus deal on the LS? I'd bet they sell every single one easily. I see them all over.
most people who drive a LS lease it haha...
Old 09-05-07, 05:39 PM
Perfection
Lead Lap

These were his two posts about his car accident if anyone remembers.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=298527
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=298730
Old 09-05-07, 05:41 PM
DropTopGal
Lead Lap

Ahh, just wait for the '09. Rumor has it that the 09 will have a new feature, "anti sprinkler puddle rollover". jk

You're 24, work in the ER as a nurse, hence, you are an "adult". Make your own mind up. Frankly, I don't see the association between your father's deal and yours. What, you "may" save $1k or so if you have two deals on the table? In the big picture, that's not much $$. There is only so much negotiating room with a Lexus as opposed to say a Ford or Chevy.
Old 09-05-07, 05:45 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And a 2 car deal might just muddle the issue, giving the dealer more levers to play with, especially if a trade is also involved.

I'm not sure this "volume discount" matters for cars that sell without too much trouble.
Old 09-05-07, 05:57 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd go big, safe, and slow this time. Until a TSB comes out to address the tendency of the IS350 to uncontrollably flip at the sight of water, you might want to avoid it (the car, not water).

By the way, I'm only kidding with you. Don't buy or not buy a $40k car based on the opinions of people on a message board. If your dad is buying, then I'd wait as long as he wants!!!

Last edited by 15951; 09-05-07 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-05-07, 06:04 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
how do you even know jonjon was at fault in the accident for his rates to go up
because as an insurance agent, sprinklers or not he was driving too fast for conditions. as a result he failed to maintain control of his vehicle. since there were no other vehicles involved and therefore no one else to blame for the accident clearly, he is AT FAULT
for the same reason as if you drove your car into a fixed object or if you drove too fast in a snow storm.

before anyone starts telling me it was a no fault state or a no fault accident there is no such thing. a no fault state simply means reguardless of fault, each persons insurance pays for their own medical expenses. as for property damage in this case he was clearly at fault, as such his rates will go up. depending on his age it could be quite a bit..

now as for the car situation:

if i were you and you already have another car to drive, i would put that 9g's in the bank, drive the camry and while driving it add whatever your payment was on the car to that savings account untill the 09's come out. if your car was paid for already make up a payment say 6-800 dollars a month seems reasonable. if you do this now you can pay off a good portion of the 09 or perhaps get the ISF with the additional saved money and assume a similar payment to what a 350 perhaps would have been.

Quick Reply: Want to buy another is350