IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Stupid Cd Changer!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-07, 05:57 AM
MLevinson
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's BS. Tell the service Mgr to get on it; and if not, contact the regional rep. Make sure he puts why he will not service your car in writing so he cannot back out of it.

Amazing how different some dealerships are.
Old 09-06-07, 07:10 AM
GNG
Rookie

My IS300 did the same and they told me that it was because of the thickness of burned CDs. They did however replace the entire unit for free, but "as a favor" versus a true warranty item. I figured with the new models ability to play mp3's that they fixed that - I mean, can you actually buy mp3 discs?
Old 09-06-07, 07:12 AM
CeoStatus0
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MLevinson
That's BS. Tell the service Mgr to get on it; and if not, contact the regional rep. Make sure he puts why he will not service your car in writing so he cannot back out of it.

Amazing how different some dealerships are.
hell yea, I would go straight to the service manager
Old 09-06-07, 07:19 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My DVD/CD player wouldn't spit out the discs, so I called and even without inspection, my dealer ordered me a new DVD/CD player.

They should have done the same, burnt CD or not.

The product has the capability to play burnt CDs. That is the product Lexus advertises; that is a product that should be under warranty.
Old 09-06-07, 12:13 PM
nixxo
Driver School Candidate

well guys heres the update...

i went to the lexus dealership today and talked to the service manager and he said that it wont cover. he said its all according to lexus canada. those ******ing idiot lexus idiots say that putting in burned cds qualifies as installing aftermarket parts. i was like wtf? so now i have no clue what to do.
i am going to contact lexus canada regional rep or even directly to lexus canada. cuz this is pretty much pathetic.

are all you guys that replied all in the usa? im going to check my manual on page 198 to see if it states he same.
Old 09-06-07, 12:23 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 758 Likes on 528 Posts

Keep moving up the chain, refusing to help you is ridiculous
Old 09-06-07, 03:15 PM
sykocus
Lead Lap

I would definitely pursue this. If using a cd-r equates to installing an after market part what makes store bought cd's non-after market? Last time was in a music store (which was admitted a while ago) I didn't see any lexus made cds.
Old 09-06-07, 06:45 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 108 Posts

Ok to the original poster: Take note:

On the Lexus Website (yes even on Lexus.ca) it says this:

Lexus Premium Audio

The audio system in the IS features 13 speakers, an in-dash 6-Disc AM/FM/CD changer with MP3/WMA capability, steering wheel mounted controls, an auxiliary input jack, and is Satellite Radio ready.

Now I have the ML Sound System and it also had the symbols MP3/WMA graphics right on the front of the stereo faceplate.

You need to go back to your service manager and ask them how on earth can you play a MP3/WMA from a store bought studio artist CD. You can't....MP3/WMA are played and used from creating a CD-R (homemade burned CD)

In fact don't even go back to the manager since you got no resolution you need to now go above him so find out who his boss is and also report this to the Lexus helpline toll free # to also help try to get some resolution.

Good Luck
I've had no problem at all with burned CD'R's. The Lexus sound system is meant to play them.
Old 09-06-07, 07:01 PM
Akatsuki
Lead Lap

shady dealer i guess...
Old 09-06-07, 07:12 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

this is ridiculous. Go to a new dealer asap!! Why would they make our cd players mp3/wma compatible if they didn't want burnt cd's in there?? lol...

Tell them to show you where it says that in writing. Otherwise, call corporate and complain. Such bs these dealers...
Old 09-06-07, 07:36 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMut
this is ridiculous. Go to a new dealer asap!!
The OP lives in Alberta, Canada. There are only two dealers in the province; Edmonton and Calgary. It's a captive audience. Unless he wants to drive four hours he can't go to another dealer. Those that live in the US, especially CA, are spoiled. You can just drive another twenty minutes and go to another dealer. Many other people who don't live on the east or west coasts often don't have much choice when it comes to more than one dealer.
Old 09-06-07, 07:44 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
Ok to the original poster: Take note:

On the Lexus Website (yes even on Lexus.ca) it says this:

Lexus Premium Audio

The audio system in the IS features 13 speakers, an in-dash 6-Disc AM/FM/CD changer with MP3/WMA capability, steering wheel mounted controls, an auxiliary input jack, and is Satellite Radio ready.

Now I have the ML Sound System and it also had the symbols MP3/WMA graphics right on the front of the stereo faceplate.

You need to go back to your service manager and ask them how on earth can you play a MP3/WMA from a store bought studio artist CD. You can't....MP3/WMA are played and used from creating a CD-R (homemade burned CD)

In fact don't even go back to the manager since you got no resolution you need to now go above him so find out who his boss is and also report this to the Lexus helpline toll free # to also help try to get some resolution.

Good Luck
I've had no problem at all with burned CD'R's. The Lexus sound system is meant to play them.
Exactly. Just tell them this.