IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Blackout...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-07, 06:47 PM
GRAPHyte
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Murdered OUT!

How bout keepin it classy yet hardcore? Keep the chrome trimming, add some "HARD" black wheels, 3pc. with a deep polished lip for that staggered look. This will play well with the black and chrome trim of the car itself. Still keep your fronts clear and tailights redded/blackouted. OR

Still want the all black? Black out your tails, keep fronts clear. Prep and paint or vinyl your chrome trims black. It would really suck to see chipping on those somewhere down the line. Aftermarket 1 piece forged 19" or 20" wheel with a matte black finish. And a slight lower if your dirty like that.

Not to knock your chop up pic but I think it looks a little cheesy that way. If you go murdered out. You're going for a unique look so you can't be generic. You have to go all the way on this one. Pick up some aftermarket wheels and execution needs to be on point.

My 2cents.

Patrick
Old 09-07-07, 07:12 PM
jurutera
Driver

^^^
I would agree with him on the mods, ur chop looks ok just needs to be lower so the 18's(if u stick w dat) wont look small.
Old 09-07-07, 07:19 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Very stealth looking...
Old 09-07-07, 08:45 PM
revitupwio
Driver

Originally Posted by GRAPHyte
How bout keepin it classy yet hardcore? Keep the chrome trimming, add some "HARD" black wheels, 3pc. with a deep polished lip for that staggered look. This will play well with the black and chrome trim of the car itself. Still keep your fronts clear and tailights redded/blackouted. OR

Still want the all black? Black out your tails, keep fronts clear. Prep and paint or vinyl your chrome trims black. It would really suck to see chipping on those somewhere down the line. Aftermarket 1 piece forged 19" or 20" wheel with a matte black finish. And a slight lower if your dirty like that.

Not to knock your chop up pic but I think it looks a little cheesy that way. If you go murdered out. You're going for a unique look so you can't be generic. You have to go all the way on this one. Pick up some aftermarket wheels and execution needs to be on point.

My 2cents.

Patrick
I think that I will drop a little bit - I agree about it looking too high unless it's dropped or given bigger wheels. I just happen to be crazy about the stock wheels, so i'm going to stick with them, regardless of what color they end up being.

Thanks for the advice & the opinions.
Old 09-07-07, 08:54 PM
revitupwio
Driver

Originally Posted by weesped
im not a huge fan of the front lights, i'd keep them regular so they could be brighter at night. its like u have a completely blacked out car at night with big hids,

yeah, that's what I was thinking about the front lights. I'm definitely going to do the back lights & reflectors, but not much. In the front, I think I'm going to leave everything alone so the light can get through just fine.
Old 09-07-07, 09:32 PM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pineapple
don't forget to paint your rotors black.
you're kidding right?
Old 09-08-07, 12:06 AM
BUST
Pole Position

If you're keeping your stock 18's, i would add some 10mm spacers for the front and around 15mm for the rears + drop of course. Not really feeling the vinyl on the headlights.. maybe an eye lid? I remember someone in CL had eye lids on their 2IS, doesn't look bad at all.. looks meaner, esp with black.
Old 09-08-07, 06:38 AM
revitupwio
Driver

Originally Posted by BUST
If you're keeping your stock 18's, i would add some 10mm spacers for the front and around 15mm for the rears + drop of course. Not really feeling the vinyl on the headlights.. maybe an eye lid? I remember someone in CL had eye lids on their 2IS, doesn't look bad at all.. looks meaner, esp with black.

Yeah, I don't know much about painting rotors, but it doesn't sound like a great idea - this is first and foremost a car that gets me places & should be functional as such.

I also don't know much about spacers, but they sound like something that would go on the wheel bolts before the wheel is on so that the wheel sticks out a bit more . I'm learning...have patience.

I dunno about an eyelid - seems a little ricey to me even if it does look neat. I think that I'll stick w/no eyelid for now.

What I would like is the yellow part of the headlight to be taken out. I haven't run across anyone on CL that has cleared their headlights, but I'm sure it's out there - I was close to doing that to my TL just before I sold it for the IS. I know law says you have to have yellow on the front & red in the back to designate which end of the car is which, but I think most people can tell nowadays.
Old 09-10-08, 10:09 PM
mick_foley
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GRAPHyte

My 2cents.

Patrick
+1 Chrome provides a great accent for black so some of it should be left on the car and not covered.
Old 09-10-08, 10:30 PM
pandy_88
Lead Lap

you should slap on some black 19's with black polish lip =)
Old 09-10-08, 10:55 PM
bombermani
Pole Position

Now that's what you called, stealthy black. haha nice look.
Old 09-10-08, 11:49 PM
MCL1
Pole Position

Maybe this is a good reference. This is my car. A user, BrandonKim, has it ALL blacked out. In my opinion, you don't wanna black out everything. Looks overdone. I can give you pricing on what everything cost me.
[QUOTE=badboy513;3821809]

Thread is here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...09#post3821809
Old 09-10-08, 11:53 PM
MCL1
Pole Position

One more from the side.

Old 09-11-08, 06:43 AM
huddleston
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

several members have cars close to what you want yours to be. looks great