IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS350s are faster than which cars??

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-07, 01:14 PM
Chirodan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Also it depends on which version of the cars you have listed... For instance the story will be a lot different between a regular CTS and a CTS-V...
Yes I definitely agree... I only meant the "CTS"

Originally Posted by socalJD
Simple, get yourself the latest edition of Road & Track, Motor Trend or Car & Driver and flip to their road test summary. Look up the times for the 1/4 mile and you can easily see how the IS350 stacks up against the field . . .
I thought about that, but so many people always argue on how those numbers are not always accurate. Take our cars for example.

Originally Posted by linh811
any car that consistently run in the 13s is pretty darn fast.
True.
Old 09-18-07, 01:26 PM
slowandlow
Lead Lap

i will say my twin turbo stealth will beat the 350 and the stealth is a 92 350 hp awd and top speed of 178 mph

Last edited by slowandlow; 09-18-07 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-18-07, 01:58 PM
Chirodan
Rookie

thats impressive slowandlow, but we are talking about "stock" cars here, not modded beasts.
Old 09-18-07, 04:49 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Faster than the 350z for sure, cause I beat one!
Old 09-18-07, 06:30 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

any car that doesn't care to race you, you can beat off the line with almost any car if you really need to get ahead of him at a light...

Just go about 1000 to 2000 rpm more than the guy next to you and you'll pass him for sure, and 90% of the time he won't give you any trouble and let you cut over... And if you are indeed in a race situation, there's no reason why the magazine figures would be any less accurate than subjective judgement in a street race.

So I think this quesiton is moot.
Old 09-18-07, 06:49 PM
Chirodan
Rookie

Originally Posted by sirkfc
any car that doesn't care to race you, you can beat off the line with almost any car if you really need to get ahead of him at a light...

Just go about 1000 to 2000 rpm more than the guy next to you and you'll pass him for sure, and 90% of the time he won't give you any trouble and let you cut over... And if you are indeed in a race situation, there's no reason why the magazine figures would be any less accurate than subjective judgement in a street race.

So I think this quesiton is moot.
Did this statement make any sense @ all?????

I realize that you can take off faster than a car that is not trying to race and beat them off the line.

How will you know what rpms the car next to you is reving @ to make your car go 1000 to 2000 rpms over theirs? How would you even do that?

Your statement does not address my question at all.

I can show you about the accuracy of "magazine figures" that have not been accurate in the past. There are plenty of cars that can do better than their "magazine debuts". Just a quick example is the C6 Z06 rated at 11.7 in the quarter mile. Go visit the Z06 boards and you will see time slips, videos and other stories of the Z doing low 11 second runs stock. So in that case the magazines would be wrong.

post before yours was great. He told me that he HAD beaten a 350Z. Thanks iSuxeL!!! Thanks for your comment to nabisco!!!
That is all I was looking for... real experience or your thoughts on it. All else being equal, are these cars and the IS350 more of a driver's race or has anyone else experienced that the Lex is noticably more powerful or can accelerate much faster than any of the above mentioned cars etc, etc...

Last edited by Chirodan; 09-18-07 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-18-07, 08:08 PM
newis350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by STIG
IMHO, it's faster than 95% of the car you see on average american interstates.
i concur...as for your list of cars, I think the IS350 is as fast as half of the cars on the list. To put it all in perspective, the time difference in vehicles is less than one second.
Old 09-18-07, 08:23 PM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Received 123 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Chirodan
Everyone says our cars are really fast so I was wondering about this. Especially with all the new more powerful cars coming out. Tell me what you know. I don't know b/cuz I don't race this car but it doesn't seem like it would just dominate all of these cars.

Oh and this is only stock cars.

new 08' Cadillac CTS
new 08' Infinity G37
What about the newest model Maximas
Nissan 350Z
Newer mustang GT
98-02 F-body (ls1) cars
350 hp GTO
Which bimmers and mercedes would we beat?

Would just like to know who I could beat and who I couldn't when I'm driving down the road w/o actually racing .
Here is a list of the cars I have beaten, either by inches or car lengths!!
Benz CLS500, BMW 745, 05 M3, LS430, 07 335i 4door, GS430, Maxima, Evo, CTS, G35 coupe, 350Z, Mustang GT, M45, 08 Altima v6, Legacy GT, & a couple of other vehicles I cant think of right now!! So I hope this answers your question, but for the most part the car is very powerful & can beat alot if ya drive the hell out of it, kinda like I do, but I wouldnt have beaten some of those cars if I didnt have the ***** to pull it off!! So the question shouldnt be what is the 350 faster than, it should be do you have the ***** to use the power & perfomance the 350 has to offer??
Old 09-18-07, 11:41 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ERG
Look who it is my future sun, thought you had enough lil man. Just tell your mom i said hi ok, don't warry about me going over 60. I lost my license for speeding for a year and still drove my car. But thats something a 19 year old chinese boy wouldn't know about. Just chill homey.
LOL. That's what you think us Chinese people can't and cannot do. Goodjob, you broke the law, i'm sure plenty of people on this forum will give you a pat on the back and encourage the rest of us to drive like it. Chinese people drive fast, but people like you drive recklessly. Close this threa too Mr.Moderator. He might talk about kiss my mom or dad next.
Old 09-19-07, 05:40 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
I guess these are quarter mile times..........on a top end run the V8's will get the IS350 and maybe the G37
Top end runs are determined by HP and aerodynamics. The amount of cylinders is irrelevant.

Koz
Old 09-19-07, 05:47 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,321 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Originally Posted by ERG
Look who it is my future sun, thought you had enough lil man. Just tell your mom i said hi ok, don't warry about me going over 60. I lost my license for speeding for a year and still drove my car. But thats something a 19 year old chinese boy wouldn't know about. Just chill homey.
ERG, see you in two weeks. You were formally warned for your insults and damage to our sense of community yesterday.

igofast, please be aware we also have a rule called 'response to comments'. Instead of taking matters into your own hands and escalating, please report the thread to the moderator team.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...ponse_comments
Response to Comments
If you have a problem with another member's comments in a posted thread, do not respond with any further comments that will aggravate the situation. Reacting to a hostile post with more hostility also puts you in jeopardy, and puts you at risk for action against your account even if it was initially another member’s fault – it takes two to argue. Members have two options of recourse:

1) Email or private message the moderators of the forum in which the offensive comment is posted, directing them to the individual and thread in which the problem occurs. Use the "Notify a Moderator" button on the bottom of the offensive post to accomplish the same thing. Moderators will look into the issues and take the appropriate actions.

2) Resolve the problem between both of you via email or Private Message (PM).
Back on topic please
Old 09-19-07, 06:14 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Koz
Top end runs are determined by HP and aerodynamics. The amount of cylinders is irrelevant.

Koz
Whatever you say sir the superfast IS350 owns all
Old 09-19-07, 07:41 AM
Chaser07
Driver

Default I've beat...

Originally Posted by KOOLFELLA
Benz CLS500, BMW 745, 05 M3, LS430, 07 335i 4door, GS430, Maxima, Evo, CTS, G35 coupe, 350Z, Mustang GT, M45, 08 Altima v6, Legacy GT, & a couple of other vehicles I cant think of right now!! So I hope this answers your question, but for the most part the car is very powerful & can beat alot if ya drive the hell out of it, kinda like I do, but I wouldnt have beaten some of those cars if I didnt have the ***** to pull it off!! So the question shouldnt be what is the 350 faster than, it should be do you have the ***** to use the power & perfomance the 350 has to offer??
Me personally, I've beat an 03' BMW M3(just yesterday), Smoked GTO's, Rear View Mirrored 350z's(Moded N/A's), Supercharged Jaguar X-Type, New Mustangs, Old Mustangs, G35 Coupe, G35(s) Sedan...There's probably more but that just gives you an idea...
Old 09-19-07, 10:39 AM
350ripper
Driver

i beat this old lady in a minivan like she stole sumthin! wow, it was nothing but smoke and squeals
Old 09-19-07, 12:59 PM
insider
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KOOLFELLA
Everyone and their grandma knows a properly driven car like the '05 M3 is faster than the Lexus IS350. So it's nice that you list the above cars that you beat, that tells us you are a better driver then they are. But the question is which cars can the IS350 beat when the cars are properly driven?

Quick Reply: IS350s are faster than which cars??