IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Remember that $200 rotor resufacing fee I paid with the TSB brake pad change....

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-07, 08:36 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol just becareful when you go to englewood. the porter boy who parked my car in their free parking lot blasted the cd player and started dancing like a f***ing monkey

kinda pissed me off but he stopped and told me i had a nice stereo when i stepped out
Old 09-19-07, 08:38 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome! Glad that all worked out well for you in the end then!
Old 09-19-07, 08:39 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Awesome! Glad that all worked out well for you in the end then!
Thanks,Ben.
Old 09-19-07, 11:54 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by iskcon
Maybe its just you. Acutally, Prestige cheated us very badly and that's why we didn't buy the car from them. We saw the car I wanted and we were going to buy it that night but they were going to close soon so they said to come back tomorrow so we'll finalize the deal. We were smart enough to atleast right down the VIN #, which was a great move on our part.

The next day, we go in to make the deal but they never told us they were selling us ANOTHER car! We are very careful in these scams so my dad wanted to see the car before we finalized the deal once and for all. As you migh have guessed, the car they were "selling" us was different (It wasn't obsidian, it was break water blue), the VIN was different obviously, and it didn't have the Luxury Package that we wanted. We were like WTF where's the car that you were going to sell to us. "Oh, that car actually got sold to a guy who wants to lease it." So yeah pretty much cancelled all our contracts, despite how hard they tried to keep us there and then we just headed for the door. That's just sales....

Service wise, my friend went to get a tune up and when the car came out, it was just a complete mess. They drained out the brake fluid but never put any brake fluid back in...wow... He also had a problem with his driver side speaker and when he opened the door, he found a big mark along the side of the leather and found a white stain on the carpet.

Obviously everyone has different experiences but if you ask people who go to Lexus of Englewood, its safe to know they know how to treat their customers and their cars properly.
I paid $1K over invoice (W/gift certificate) on a special order. When I had the 5K mile service they were very good to me. I guess it depends on who you deal with. Englewood wanted close to retail because it was a special order (That's what they told me). Ray Catena was a waste of time with their BS.

Koz
Old 11-14-07, 06:30 AM
yov6cam
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just brought my car in for the TSB, have about 70% wear on brake pads and they claimed theyll only do it for 50% or less, so theyd have to charge me about $400. I called corporate and they said they couldnt do anything for 2 or 3 days and I needed the car so I just went and paid for it. I'm just upset because i'm under the miles warranty and it didnt say anything about wear on the TSIB, so either way Prestige already screwed me. Why did I pay all that money for extended warranty again?
Old 11-14-07, 06:41 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by yov6cam
I just brought my car in for the TSB, have about 70% wear on brake pads and they claimed theyll only do it for 50% or less, so theyd have to charge me about $400. I called corporate and they said they couldnt do anything for 2 or 3 days and I needed the car so I just went and paid for it. I'm just upset because i'm under the miles warranty and it didnt say anything about wear on the TSIB, so either way Prestige already screwed me. Why did I pay all that money for extended warranty again?
I thought TriCounty was a problem and I regretted not going to Prestige.

I emailed my service advisor and the Service Manager and got my $200+ back.
Try that.Usually complaining to the regional Lexus HQ or any other manufacturer will only get you the in so many words "they're a franchise facility and we can't do anything".That line was given to me from Toyota when I called about an issue with my Camry.Enough complaints and Lexus will then do something.
You will recieve a Lexus service survey.That's very important to the dealer.During the call I recieved about the refund I was told please give a very positive survey.
Nail them to the cross in the survey if you don't get a refund.
Old 11-14-07, 06:56 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is a lot of money for resurfacing 2 rotors.... but I'm glad you got your money back.