IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Remember that $200 rotor resufacing fee I paid with the TSB brake pad change....

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-07, 01:52 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Remember that $200 rotor resufacing fee I paid with the TSB brake pad change....

I sent an email to the service manager Friday night.
My usual service advisor who took a few days off,called me this morning.
We went over my gripes and he said he will talk to the service manager and would call me later today.
He just called and told me the service manager said to credit my Master Card the $200+tax I paid for the machining of the rotors.
Kudos to TriCounty Lexus in Little Falls,NJ.
Old 09-18-07, 01:56 PM
RU514
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey I'm from NJ and honestly I can tell you the Prestige and TriCounty Lexus dealers are terrible....Lexus Of Englewood is very very good and I highly recommend you go to them....they know what the hell they are doing and seriously baby your car...just a heads up if you wanted to know
Old 09-18-07, 02:00 PM
JoesIS250
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i second the fact about of englewood. i made an appointment about the tsib and no questions asked and in and out within an hour.
Old 09-18-07, 02:03 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by iskcon
hey I'm from NJ and honestly I can tell you the Prestige and TriCounty Lexus dealers are terrible....Lexus Of Englewood is very very good and I highly recommend you go to them....they know what the hell they are doing and seriously baby your car...just a heads up if you wanted to know
Thanks,I may consider Englewood.
However with TriCounty being a miles or two away and their crediting my MC the cost I paid,I'll give them one more chance.
I've bought my last 3 Toyotas at Prestige Toyota right next door to Prestige Lexus.
I know the sales manager at Prestige Toyota.
I surprised that Prestige Lexus is terrible.Thanks for the heads up as I'm 24miles from Prestige in Ramsey.
Old 09-18-07, 03:00 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,953 Likes on 2,394 Posts

Congrats. That's what they should have done in the first place.
Old 09-18-07, 04:04 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Congrats. That's what they should have done in the first place.
Thanks,Lob and you're right.
I guess the dealer didn't want me adding negative imput on the mailed service survey.
Old 09-18-07, 05:00 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

good...finally! eh?
Old 09-18-07, 05:34 PM
RU514
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Thanks,I may consider Englewood.
However with TriCounty being a miles or two away and their crediting my MC the cost I paid,I'll give them one more chance.
I've bought my last 3 Toyotas at Prestige Toyota right next door to Prestige Lexus.
I know the sales manager at Prestige Toyota.
I surprised that Prestige Lexus is terrible.Thanks for the heads up as I'm 24miles from Prestige in Ramsey.
Yeah no problem man. I actually bought my car from Lexus Of Englewood (well technically my dad bought it) after visting Prestige, TriCounty, Ray Catena, and Englewood. Englewood is #1 out of them and the rest can't compare. Prestige has like a baller showroom (million dollar facility) but can't treat its customers properly nor does it basically know what to do with a car. About TriCounty, well let's not go there about how awful I think they are. Ray Catena is an overall B and is defintely good if you can't get to Englewood. If you ever need anything from Englewood, their online support kicks *** and if you need sales, talk to Michael Stella.

BTW, if you have any TSIB that need to be performed, you basically just tell them what the problem is and next thing you'll hear is "Great, when can you come in." I recently got my mirror replaced, auxilary port replaced, [thanks to Ben R] and ECU reflashed within an hour and half.

And just on a side note, if you ever go to lexusofenglewood.com , "New Models" menu, and in that menu click "After Sale Items," I think a lot of people don't realize the services that Englewood offers. That's just a portion of what they can do. Currently I am working out a deal to get Mark Levison installed with the DVD playback unit and all Mark Levinson speakers for a very resonable price. I'll update if I ever finalize that deal.

Last edited by RU514; 09-18-07 at 05:38 PM.
Old 09-19-07, 03:21 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by iskcon
Yeah no problem man. I actually bought my car from Lexus Of Englewood (well technically my dad bought it) after visting Prestige, TriCounty, Ray Catena, and Englewood. Englewood is #1 out of them and the rest can't compare. Prestige has like a baller showroom (million dollar facility) but can't treat its customers properly nor does it basically know what to do with a car. About TriCounty, well let's not go there about how awful I think they are. Ray Catena is an overall B and is defintely good if you can't get to Englewood. If you ever need anything from Englewood, their online support kicks *** and if you need sales, talk to Michael Stella.

BTW, if you have any TSIB that need to be performed, you basically just tell them what the problem is and next thing you'll hear is "Great, when can you come in." I recently got my mirror replaced, auxilary port replaced, [thanks to Ben R] and ECU reflashed within an hour and half.

And just on a side note, if you ever go to lexusofenglewood.com , "New Models" menu, and in that menu click "After Sale Items," I think a lot of people don't realize the services that Englewood offers. That's just a portion of what they can do. Currently I am working out a deal to get Mark Levison installed with the DVD playback unit and all Mark Levinson speakers for a very resonable price. I'll update if I ever finalize that deal.
Thanks for the info.
Maybe will consider Englewood.
I assume a loaner is always available.
I'm very interested in your Levinson upgrade install.
I'd like to get the nLevinson without the DVD,though.
Keep us posted.
Old 09-19-07, 06:26 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Prestige gave me the best price (Better then Englewood, Ray Catena and TriCounty) and their service has been very good. When I had the brake TSB done (At 5K miles), they cut the rotors and I told them, that should not have been done and they replaced them new. Prestige has done good by me!

Koz
Old 09-19-07, 06:55 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

I sent an email to the service manager Friday night.
My usual service advisor who took a few days off,called me this morning.
We went over my gripes and he said he will talk to the service manager and would call me later today.
He just called and told me the service manager said to credit my Master Card the $200+tax I paid for the machining of the rotors.
Kudos to TriCounty Lexus in Little Falls,NJ.
You could of just skipped the hassel talking to the dealer and put in a claim through your credit card company and get your money back.

This happend to me a while back. Put in a claim, waited 1.5 days. Got a credit for 100% of my money no questions asked.
Old 09-19-07, 07:05 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
You could of just skipped the hassel talking to the dealer and put in a claim through your credit card company and get your money back.

This happend to me a while back. Put in a claim, waited 1.5 days. Got a credit for 100% of my money no questions asked.

How do you win a claim with agreed services performed by the dealer?
Old 09-19-07, 07:21 AM
RU514
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Koz
Prestige gave me the best price (Better then Englewood, Ray Catena and TriCounty) and their service has been very good. When I had the brake TSB done (At 5K miles), they cut the rotors and I told them, that should not have been done and they replaced them new. Prestige has done good by me!

Koz
Maybe its just you. Acutally, Prestige cheated us very badly and that's why we didn't buy the car from them. We saw the car I wanted and we were going to buy it that night but they were going to close soon so they said to come back tomorrow so we'll finalize the deal. We were smart enough to atleast right down the VIN #, which was a great move on our part.

The next day, we go in to make the deal but they never told us they were selling us ANOTHER car! We are very careful in these scams so my dad wanted to see the car before we finalized the deal once and for all. As you migh have guessed, the car they were "selling" us was different (It wasn't obsidian, it was break water blue), the VIN was different obviously, and it didn't have the Luxury Package that we wanted. We were like WTF where's the car that you were going to sell to us. "Oh, that car actually got sold to a guy who wants to lease it." So yeah pretty much cancelled all our contracts, despite how hard they tried to keep us there and then we just headed for the door. That's just sales....

Service wise, my friend went to get a tune up and when the car came out, it was just a complete mess. They drained out the brake fluid but never put any brake fluid back in...wow... He also had a problem with his driver side speaker and when he opened the door, he found a big mark along the side of the leather and found a white stain on the carpet.

Obviously everyone has different experiences but if you ask people who go to Lexus of Englewood, its safe to know they know how to treat their customers and their cars properly.
Old 09-19-07, 07:37 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

How do you win a claim with agreed services performed by the dealer?
I dont know how it works but your credit card company credits you the amount and then they go after the dealer?

I didnt ask questions. I was just happy getting my money back.
Old 09-19-07, 07:41 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
I dont know how it works but your credit card company credits you the amount and then they go after the dealer?

I didnt ask questions. I was just happy getting my money back.
I know you can dispute it but all that does is take the charge away until a decision is made for or against you.

Quick Reply: Remember that $200 rotor resufacing fee I paid with the TSB brake pad change....