IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Radio RDS/Text question

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-07, 01:35 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts
Default Radio RDS/Text question

Anyone know if there is a way to keep the radio text on all the time. I mean the station that supports artist name and track shows the title of the song, but you can see it only if you press "Text" button twice. Is there a way to show the text all the time? I've seen in Infiniti the text stays on and scroll and doesn't go back to station frequency.
Old 09-19-07, 01:44 PM
bimbels
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great question. I think my friend's infiniti shows the song title/artist in a transparent drop down at the top of the map so you don't have to be in "audio" mode to see that info. It's really nice.
Old 09-19-07, 02:07 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Well mine doesn't have Nav so the text shows in radio. I'm not sure...maybe people with Nav see text all the time.
Old 09-19-07, 02:10 PM
bimbels
Rookie

i have nav but only see it if I push the text button. Maybe it's a configurable setting. I'll have to peruse the manual.
Old 09-19-07, 02:23 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bimbels
i have nav but only see it if I push the text button. Maybe it's a configurable setting. I'll have to peruse the manual.
I checked the manual and there's no way to leave it on. The only thing I found out didn't know previously was how to scroll text. For example if you see a title that is too long, they all are, and when you hold down text it beeps and see the next line. That's it. I think it's pretty lame compared to Infiniti.
Old 09-19-07, 02:44 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you get XM, the sat radio text screen stays on all the time!
Old 09-19-07, 06:19 PM
bimbels
Rookie

Hey Ben - mine doesn't. Mine shows for 30 seconds or so and then goes back to the map. But I'll bet that's something I can change in the settings. I have XM and it shows the presets (channel name and #) but in the infiniti it also shows what song is playing on that station (again, this is from the preset screen) OR it shows what song is playing and what station you have it on on the map screen.
Old 09-19-07, 06:36 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ben_r_
If you get XM, the sat radio text screen stays on all the time!
Not to go too far OT, but does anyone with factory XM with a non-nav radio have the following "observation": I leave my display on artist name, but whenever I restart the car, it goes back to the station name. This only happens when I turn off the engine, not if I switch sources or turn off/on the radio.

Is this normal???
Old 09-20-07, 09:06 AM
llhelix
Rookie

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Not to go too far OT, but does anyone with factory XM with a non-nav radio have the following "observation": I leave my display on artist name, but whenever I restart the car, it goes back to the station name. This only happens when I turn off the engine, not if I switch sources or turn off/on the radio.

Is this normal???
Yeah it's normal. I have the same setup and it happens to me too. Don't really care that much though. I mostly play music through my AUX input.
Old 09-20-07, 09:09 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bimbels
Hey Ben - mine doesn't. Mine shows for 30 seconds or so and then goes back to the map. But I'll bet that's something I can change in the settings. I have XM and it shows the presets (channel name and #) but in the infiniti it also shows what song is playing on that station (again, this is from the preset screen) OR it shows what song is playing and what station you have it on on the map screen.
Thats probably because you have the setting to return to the map after a few seconds turned on in the setup. Turn that off and it will stay on whatever screen you leave it on. Thats how I have it.
Old 09-20-07, 09:11 AM
bimbels
Rookie

yeah I really should study my manual.

Except hubby stole my car today. Since I left the garage door open, he left his sunroof open, a feral cat made a bed of his beemer and in doing so stepped on the hazards light button. Battery is dead. hehe.
Old 12-30-07, 05:34 PM
mrweaver7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by llhelix
Yeah it's normal. I have the same setup and it happens to me too. Don't really care that much though. I mostly play music through my AUX input.

Me too. I actually came on the forum to see if someone had a fix to the text issue.

John
Old 01-31-09, 05:03 PM
armade
Driver School Candidate

I am looking for the same answer. It looks like no one knows, or it can't be done. I had a Avalon and its display did always show the station, artist and song name. I was hoping the LS430 did as well.

Anyone have any new information?

Thanks in advance.