Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

any chance for it to play video ?
Old 09-23-07, 10:07 AM
Fleainat
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Does anyone know if any of these iPod kits work with a NON-NAV IS? I would love to be able to access my songs through the dash somehow. Crossing fingers....
Old 09-25-07, 08:32 AM
xravexboix
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It works with any Satellite-ready vehicle, regardless of Nav. Check out the PDF for instructions on operation on the non-nav. It definitely looks better on the nav screen though =P
Old 09-25-07, 03:49 PM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

when i connect my ipod to the cigarette charger, i get interference noises… they are really apparent as i set the volume higher… does this effect still exist with the kit you have?

thanks
Old 09-25-07, 04:05 PM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kattanh3
when i connect my ipod to the cigarette charger, i get interference noises… they are really apparent as i set the volume higher… does this effect still exist with the kit you have?

thanks
I believed, there is a fix for this already....checked FAQ.....
Old 09-25-07, 05:56 PM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by t.is350.h
I believed, there is a fix for this already....checked FAQ.....
Thanks t.is350.h,

I just skimmed through the Vaistech thread with no success, but i still don't see how this issue could have been fixed. Let me rephrase my question i think it might have been misleading:

I do not have any iPod integration kits yet. At the moment, i am just using the AUX input. I am also using a simple Belkin car charger that connects to where my cigarette lighter used to be. When the charger is plugged into the iPod there is a high level of noise added to the music, this noise seems to be proportional to the volume level and to the car's RPM.

Do iPod integration kits have this issue as well? That would be a deal breaker for me

Thanks
Old 09-25-07, 06:43 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

I just skimmed through the Vaistech thread with no success, but i still don't see how this issue could have been fixed.
It will be fixed if your dealer performs the TSIB in this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=300319
Old 09-25-07, 07:48 PM
kobrapack9
Rookie

i have no interference at all. i really like how it turned out.
Old 09-26-07, 03:39 AM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bichon
It will be fixed if your dealer performs the TSIB in this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=300319
I just contacted Lexus Saudi Arabia and it was no good. They will not perform any TSIB until they are notified about it from the HQ. That means no break TSIB as well. It is funny how they went on about the IS300 being a refined version of the ISx50... lol who are they kiddin!

Back to topic:
Originally Posted by kobrapack9
i have no interference at all. i really like how it turned out.
That's good to know, so did you never faced this issue to start with? did ur iPod use to produce noisy output while it's being charged? i'd also like to hear from people who used to have this problem and didn't do the TSIB but now has an iPod integration kit installed. Did the kit resolve the issue?

Basically what i am looking for from these kits is to:
  1. Improve quality of the mp3 output (over AUX)
  2. Access my songs/folders/playlists while driving in a safer way
  3. Eliminate interference noise associated with charging the iPod
All of these kits achieve the 1st and the 2nd criteria to different degrees, Dice Electronics kit looks like the best choice so far.
As for operation, the SAT Radio is not offered on the Middle East (ME) version, but i think that the navi unit supports it (i hope this feature was not taken off as part of Lexus refinement to the ME version).

I appreciate feedback on the 3rd criteria

Thanks
p.s. sorry for going a lil out of topic
Old 09-26-07, 03:56 AM
weesped
Lexus Champion

the tsib should fix 1 and 3, but for number 3 ur on your own. all the tsib does is add a filter to eliminate the interference your getting (correct me if im wrong) so the way u interact with your ipod remains the same. the best advice i can give is make playlists, before i always searched by albums only and i found thats way to dangerous at some speeds, so i gave up some free will and just made a bunch of playlist for w/e mood im in
Old 09-26-07, 04:15 AM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by weesped
the tsib should fix 1 and 3, but for number 3 ur on your own. all the tsib does is add a filter to eliminate the interference your getting (correct me if im wrong) so the way u interact with your ipod remains the same. the best advice i can give is make playlists, before i always searched by albums only and i found thats way to dangerous at some speeds, so i gave up some free will and just made a bunch of playlist for w/e mood im in
Hi weesped,
TSIB's are not an option here in KSA, only recalls from what i have seen. That's why i am hoping for an aftermarket product that would tackle these issues.
Old 09-26-07, 07:20 AM
IS_5SPD
Driver School Candidate

My question is...if you select "Sat 1" to listen to the Ipod, then how would I listen to XM satelite radio?
Old 09-26-07, 07:45 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

Hi weesped,
TSIB's are not an option here in KSA, only recalls from what i have seen. That's why i am hoping for an aftermarket product that would tackle these issues.
You can buy the filter aftermarket. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-bPGl75i...olator&tp=2653

Of course if you are buying an iPod integration solution like the Vaistech, it should already have the filter.
Old 09-26-07, 08:18 AM
cneeley
Rookie

Originally Posted by IS_5SPD
My question is...if you select "Sat 1" to listen to the Ipod, then how would I listen to XM satelite radio?
I don't have the kit, but if i'm not mistakened you would just press the Sat button again. It would be lilke toggling between the Aux in and DVD Changer. On some kits it appears to be one of the on screen options to switch to Sat Radio also.

Quick Reply: Stock Ipod Integration