IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Stock Ipod Integration

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-07, 09:47 AM
IS_5SPD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IS_5SPD
My question is...if you select "Sat 1" to listen to the Ipod, then how would I listen to XM satelite radio?
I don't have the kit, but if i'm not mistakened you would just press the Sat button again. It would be lilke toggling between the Aux in and DVD Changer. On some kits it appears to be one of the on screen options to switch to Sat Radio also.
Right, but when pressing "Aux" to play an iPod it actually says "Aux". Same with the CD changer; meaning it says CD on on the screen when in that mode. If you look at the instructions from the pdf that is posted above, it says "Sat 1" on the top of the screen, but it's playing the ipod...which means (i think), it's bypassing the satelite input and using the ipod in its place. Does that make sense? Can anyone confirm this? Does using this adapter prevent you from using Satelite radio?
Old 09-26-07, 11:56 AM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS_5SPD
Right, but when pressing "Aux" to play an iPod it actually says "Aux". Same with the CD changer; meaning it says CD on on the screen when in that mode. If you look at the instructions from the pdf that is posted above, it says "Sat 1" on the top of the screen, but it's playing the ipod...which means (i think), it's bypassing the satelite input and using the ipod in its place. Does that make sense? Can anyone confirm this? Does using this adapter prevent you from using Satelite radio?
If you look at the PDF file, in the Quick Start Guide section:
"4. You can choose other radio or NAV features at any time. To return back to iPod mode simply use the AM button and your music will begin playing"
so yea... I would say it prevnts you from using the AM channels only.
Old 09-27-07, 04:42 PM
kobrapack9
Rookie

No. There are different SAT signals. I have Sat 1, 2, and 3 now because of the inputs connected with the system. The Ipod plays on 1 and if you have sat radio it will play on another. I still have my AM radio as well.
Old 09-28-07, 05:46 AM
IS_5SPD
Driver School Candidate

Cool thanks for the clearification kobrapack9!
Old 09-29-07, 11:13 PM
SILVER IS
Rookie

So is the offical toyota/lexus ipod intergration kit out yet???
Old 10-31-07, 07:48 PM
origin2000
Driver School Candidate

Anyone have a part number or know if there is a retailer online that is selling the official toyota ipod kit yet??? (NOT VAIStech or other off-brand...)
Old 11-01-07, 12:09 AM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol i hate mp3 cds.... i just make play list on my ipod until theres a good ipod sys...
Old 11-01-07, 01:44 AM
unknown2
Driver

Originally Posted by kattanh3
unfortunately i don't have the sat radio. from the kit's manual, it seems that it would still work if your system can take on an external CD/DVD player. Does anyone know if this would still work on my car? would my navi system unit have a jack for an external CD/DVD player?
I live in Kuwait (My car is 2008 ES350 middle east spec) and i bought the Vais Tech iPod adapter and it works great!

It uses the CD changer plug and i can control my iPod from the screen.. Since it's the CD changer plug, i can NOT choose the artist, Album... etc. But to control your iPod from the screen, you have to make playlists in your iPod.. If you have playlists, then you can control your playlists via the screen....

It charges my iPod when i start my car and it stops charging after you turn off the car... Sound is excellent!! And you can switch it to (Simple Mode) so you can use your iPod to look for your desire song... It will do the (I agree) then for you as well...

Again, the only dow side is you can't search by Artist, Album, Genre... If you are fine with that, just go ahead and get one...

Let me know if you have more questions
Old 01-02-08, 03:40 PM
avex
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know if these iPod integration units (like the VAIS, etc.) will work with an iPod that has had its firware replaced with the popular Rockbox firmware???

Also, is the VAIS the only integration kit that will work in an IS without the nav screen?
Old 01-02-08, 05:10 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

kobrapack09...thanks for the pics and all the info. so how long was the install? i think im going to order this and i have xm in the car so i can let everyone know how this works with both. i assume you have to pull out everything as if you where doing the nav hack? i didnt do the nav hack on mine so im just checking to see what is required to install this.
thank you!
Old 01-02-08, 07:19 PM
SILVER IS
Rookie

Is the Lexus iPod kit out yet???
Old 01-04-08, 02:25 PM
TangoC
Driver School Candidate

Well it's been out in the UK now for 3 months...I had it fitted in my IS250 SE-L with ML MM system December 12th 2007.
Old 01-04-08, 03:57 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TangoC
Well it's been out in the UK now for 3 months...I had it fitted in my IS250 SE-L with ML MM system December 12th 2007.
nice! what do you think of it? would you say if it's better than the current ones out now? a little review would be nice
Old 01-05-08, 12:03 PM
SILVER IS
Rookie

So the U.S. verison isn't released yet? Anybody have a part number?
Old 01-05-08, 12:20 PM
TangoC
Driver School Candidate

Basically the kit provides a neat dock in your glove box that the ipod clips into along with the ipod bottom connector which is wired into the stereo. The ipod shows up as an external CD-changer.

I really need to read the handbook but after using it.... Pros & Cons??? Well with the iPod in the glovebox you can forget it as it charges and turns on and off with the ignition...no longer will I exit the car leaving the iPod left on (worth doing for that alone). Changing tracks with the steering wheel controls is also a plus. The down side is that the Lexus unit does not support selection by artist or title. It's limited to choosing tracks from play lists. Each playlist shows up as a seperate CD (#1 to 6) and then you can navigate between tracks on each CD and these are listed as #1, #2, etc... . You do not have the option to search by artist, or song etc. You can have as many playlists as you like. All tracks are in Playlist 1 anyway so you can randomly play the lot through Playlist 1, like iPod shuffle.
Switch between titles with a short press of the ^ and v buttons, switch playlists by holding/long press of the ^ and v buttons.

Quick Reply: Stock Ipod Integration