IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2008 IS Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-07, 02:20 AM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by vapors1
Their "suggested" price was $1599 - I got them for $1,299, but they had a customer a couple days before I signed that changed their mind on adding the chromes which were '08 cores that were chromed for their IS350. So long story short, they (the dealership) will have my stock '08's when I leave because there is a set of '08 chromed ones waiting for my car the IS350 peeps didn't want! Plus I saved $300 buck's! Now what they're going to do with them????? So the reason why I posted is because if you "cut them off at the pass" sort of thing and wanted the stock '08's that they're pulling off my car when it comes in on Tuesday 25th or Wednesday 26th, you could make a deal with the dealership to get them. So, with that said, let me know and I can put you in touch with the sales guy.

Kevin
Bummer Kevin
my wheel dealer locally can get a new set of chrome is rims for $800 without a core exchange !!!
Old 09-22-07, 05:54 AM
vapors1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EyeKutr,

Just sent you a PM. If your guy could hook me up on some that I like, THEN, I'd have my stock '08's to put up on the Classifieds here........Maybe for italiandud who started this thread!! That may work out Mo' Betta'

Let me know!!

Kevin
Old 09-22-07, 09:00 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

EyeKutr,

Just sent you a PM. If your guy could hook me up on some that I like, THEN, I'd have my stock '08's to put up on the Classifieds here........Maybe for italiandud who started this thread!! That may work out Mo' Betta'

Let me know!!

Kevin
Kevin

Have you talked to Darrell in the Sewell Lexus Parts Dept??? I am almost certain he can get you the Chromes with NO core swap for a lot less than $1,599 or $1,299 for that matter...

Example of some of their Lexus wheel prices with no swaps:
http://www.lexus-parts.com/partlist....19&ModelID=150

When you add stuff on to your car from the Sales area, they usually stick a fork in you, turn you over, and shake out all your money...

I would keep the Liquid Graphite Finish in my opinion... But if your looking to save some BUCKS, buy the Chromes straight out and sell off your Graphite 08's... Also, if you buy the wheels from Darrell, he can arrange a rim swap for you for a decent price as well... hopefully...

Good Luck

Joe Z
Old 09-22-07, 09:41 AM
vapors1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Kevin
When you add stuff on to your car from the Sales area, they usually stick a fork in you, turn you over, and shake out all your money...
That's true! But it's so easy to do when you're all caught up in getting your new car! For what it's worth, they could have a bunch of strippers twirling around on poles and it still wouldn't make a difference - YOU'RE IN THE MOMENT! Uhhh.........well if they were "good looking" maybe........

How difficult is it to get your money back on something you've already added onto your financing? I signed papers on the 17th. I DON'T want to re-do the financing, just have 'em give me my money! + tax! Any thoughts on this before I stir the pot with my "shaker", I mean salesperson?

Kevin
Old 09-22-07, 05:05 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

How difficult is it to get your money back on something you've already added onto your financing? I signed papers on the 17th. I DON'T want to re-do the financing, just have 'em give me my money! + tax! Any thoughts on this before I stir the pot with my "shaker", I mean salesperson?

Kevin

It shouldn't be difficult at all... You / they don't even have the car yet....!

It won't cost you a penny to re-calculate the financing...

Plus, don't you usually sign the papers once the actual car has arrived & is accepted by you??

Joe Z
Old 09-22-07, 05:31 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Arrow

Just For ALL you Liquid Graphite Wheel Lovers!!!

Old 09-22-07, 06:01 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

The finish on those rims is nice, complements this particular color IS very nicely
Old 09-26-07, 09:26 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Honestly, I have no clue so some help would be greatly appreciated...How much do you guys/gals think these 08' wheels are worth? We're getting ours in 2-3 weeks & I might sell the wheels (& keep the oem tires) if the price is right. PM me your offer (around $80-$100 probably worst case scenerio for shipping if you're not local). Thx!
Old 09-27-07, 03:56 AM
vapors1
Driver School Candidate

I'll bet that Italiandud is already at your front door waiting for these!! I was hoping to hook him up with the ones that are going to be on mine, but it's turning out to be a pain in the a$$ trying to switch.

The dealership said that "because it's a lease and the chrome wheels are residualized and figured into the lease, the car has to leave the lot with chrome wheels". So my option given was to go with the Spider wheels, which aren't my personal taste. Long story short, I'm going to have to keep the stock wheels that are chromed. Not so bad I guess. Shiny chrome, is still SHINY CHROME!!

Good Luck on the wheels!

Kevin
Old 09-27-07, 10:16 AM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

I'll bet that Italiandud is already at your front door waiting for these!! I was hoping to hook him up with the ones that are going to be on mine, but it's turning out to be a pain in the a$$ trying to switch.

The dealership said that "because it's a lease and the chrome wheels are residualized and figured into the lease, the car has to leave the lot with chrome wheels". So my option given was to go with the Spider wheels, which aren't my personal taste. Long story short, I'm going to have to keep the stock wheels that are chromed. Not so bad I guess. Shiny chrome, is still SHINY CHROME!!

Good Luck on the wheels!

Kevin
LOL, yeah he pm me & I replied back. I'm going to post a FS thread in the wheel forum. That sucks to hear about that.

Last edited by Yeah!; 09-27-07 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-27-07, 12:30 PM
papiti
Driver School Candidate

Dude They Look The Same As The 2007 Model!!
Old 09-27-07, 12:49 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by papiti
Dude They Look The Same As The 2007 Model!!
design wise yes, finish wise no
Old 09-27-07, 02:16 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Up for sale now:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho....php?p=2945586
Old 09-27-07, 02:42 PM
njmurvin
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by supaIS350
how much does the dealer charge to upgrade to chrome wheels?
My 06 CPO car came with a dinged wheel. Before the dealer ordered me a new wheel, they asked if I'd like to have chrome ones instead. They told me they normally charge $1295 but would be willing to do it for me for $895 (implying that they were paying the factory $400 for the new wheel). I passed and told them to get me the new wheel. There's a place on ebay (in Canoga Park, CA about 10 mi from me) that will do it on exchange with center caps and lugs for $500. I wasn't going to do chromes, but after seeing how hard it was to wash the brake dust off these factory wheels, I might reconsider. Do you guys wax your wheels to make cleaning them easier?
Old 09-27-07, 03:05 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by njmurvin
I wasn't going to do chromes, but after seeing how hard it was to wash the brake dust off these factory wheels, I might reconsider. Do you guys wax your wheels to make cleaning them easier?
Yes, Wheel Wax helps out alot. You get can get it at your local Discount Tire. It'll make cleaning & wiping off the brake dust so much easier. While chrome might be blingtastic (depending on wheel style), it's alot easier to clean than painted wheels and/or especially wheels that have polished lips (unclearcoated that is).

Quick Reply: 2008 IS Wheels