IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Well the day finally flipping came....

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-07, 06:19 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Well the day finally flipping came....

I got rear ended today. My car was purchased on June 8 and nothing has happened to it yet, not even a rock chip. Some stupid 19 year old bimbo, who wasn't even hot, rear ended me at a stop sign. She did enough damage to where I am going to need a new rear bumper. I am pissed because I have a black car and it is almost impossible getting dark colors to match. At least it is relatively new and they won't have to blend with the other panels.

It seems as though I can't keep my cars flawless for more than 3 months. I always find a way to get the Sh it end of the stick. I had an 05' S4 with 15K in upgrades and one day I come out of the store to see the front end of it scattered all over the parking lot. Obviously a big lifted truck hit it and left. I cost 22K to fix it and it was never right again. Never looked right and never drove right. Maybe Las Vegas just has crappy body shops. Oh by the way if you are in Vegas don't ever use Exoticar to fix your ride because they are thieves who do half assed work. They ruined my S4.

Sorry for the rant, but I am ****ing pissed.
Old 09-21-07, 06:33 PM
17gs400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ouchh, sorry to hear that bro, i'm glad ur ok.
Old 09-21-07, 07:17 PM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

sorry to hear that bro, as long as you are okay, that's more important.
Old 09-21-07, 07:38 PM
GNG
Rookie

I think I posted my story here before, but here goes again. I bought a 03 IS300 new. First really expensive car, at least it was expensive for me. I usually bought Integras or Camry's, so this was a huge step up. Week 6, no plates, and someone rear ended me after I stopped at a light. It was raining and the Lexus stopped fine, but she didn't even try until it was too late. I heard the skids and even tried to move out of her way but BOOM! A few months later, and mean like 3 months, a semi pulled into our lane 10 cars up and started a chain reaction of skids. Again, I stopped but Hidegard (that was her real name) smashed into me and pushed me into the car in front. Six months or so later I was still freaked out, so I decided to not talk on the phone in my car and to instead pull over. I pulled into the Target parking lot and some idiot woman backing out backed right into my car! I wasn't even moving and my car was turned off! When I told her I was going to take it to the shop to fix, she said "you are a very bad man, very bad!" And then the creme de la creme - pulling out of a parking lot, the Ford F150 in front of me kicked on his backup lights (OH NO!!!) and punched it. I watched my hood crumple before my eyes. He was, of course, too tall to see the Lexus.

Now the rear of the car looks really good, although the body panels never quite matched up as nice as they were new. The hood is a disaster - lots of chips as they aftermarket paint just isn't as good as factory paint, no matter what they say. So I feel for you. Good luck, go first class with the body shop (find out where Lexus goes).
Old 09-21-07, 07:41 PM
dat-is350
Lead Lap

yea same I got rear ended about 3 weeks back too.. Still didn't get my car back yet =(
Old 09-21-07, 07:48 PM
jasonviper
Pole Position

Man I'm telling you, either people really hate our IS's or they temporarily go blind from beauty of our cars long enough to hit us.lol. But is really sucs seeing our cars get messed up like this.
Old 09-21-07, 08:05 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm glad you're o.k.

The good thing is that car damage is temporary. Don't worry about it and keep stresses to a minimum. Good luck!
Old 09-21-07, 08:23 PM
andyboy
Lead Lap

to bad she wasn't hot...sux dood.
Old 09-21-07, 09:49 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Sorry to hear that ...at least your ok, and that's what's really important.
Old 09-21-07, 10:18 PM
Perfection
Lead Lap

that really sucks, only damages I have come up with so far are rock chips on my windshield.
Old 09-21-07, 10:46 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sincityIS
who wasn't even hot
well that sucks the most
Old 09-21-07, 10:50 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow dude, that bites man, but good that you're alright
a car is a car, there'll be others
today was a nightmare in the san fernando valley, first rain in a long time. driving in the evening i saw 5 accidents, mostly ppl sliding or rear ending others..
Old 09-21-07, 11:25 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Good thing your alright and good thing it was just the rear bumper. Cheer big fella.
Old 09-21-07, 11:31 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks all, I am still f ing pissed though. I am going to take it to a place called SAMS auto body. I hear they are supposed to be good. They did a decent job on my dads SL55 which is black when he got rear ended, but only decent. I am going to tell them what I expect before I give them the car. I am also going to emphasize my OCD nature and it will be a pain in the *** for both of us if they don't get it right the first time. Hopefully they will take extra precaution when fixing it if I start with the nit pickyness beforehand, lol.
Old 09-22-07, 07:40 PM
caudlek
Driver

Originally Posted by sincityIS
..... it is almost impossible getting dark colors to match. ......
Actually black is the easiest to match .... i have had both front and rear done on mine ..... no difference.

KC

Quick Reply: Well the day finally flipping came....