IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

ISx50 "Easter Eggs"

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-07, 06:19 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes rx
What I was saying is that it actually mentions it in the Camry manual, whereas it isn't mentioned in the IS manual (at least not the 06 model). Also, since I picked my car up used, this "delivery consultant" was non-existent
It is in the '06 manual. I bought my car back in 2005, and like they say in the Prego commercial: "It's in there".

Last edited by Bichon; 09-24-07 at 06:23 AM.
Old 09-24-07, 08:05 AM
350ripper
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why do people always complain about post topics? if you don't like it don't read it, don't comment! The search function on clublexus SUCKS, so stop telling noobs to just search... search is crap. Forums are forums for OPEN discussion, why does that anger some people (and some moderators)? i swear some of yall get off on moving peoples posts!
Old 09-24-07, 08:40 AM
ckeck
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350ripper
why do people always complain about post topics? if you don't like it don't read it, don't comment! The search function on clublexus SUCKS, so stop telling noobs to just search... search is crap. Forums are forums for OPEN discussion, why does that anger some people (and some moderators)? i swear some of yall get off on moving peoples posts!
Couldn't agree more...
Old 09-24-07, 09:16 AM
350ripper
Driver

i am from sa too! what part are you from, me cibolo
Old 09-24-07, 09:24 AM
Kuki_350
Rookie

it's about time someone said something about the SEARCH function. It's not user friendly to say the least.
Old 09-24-07, 09:42 AM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Don't know if you guys might find this useful but I created a similar thread a while ago about "neat features". Check it out here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ound+in+the+is
Old 09-24-07, 12:38 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Kuki_350
it's about time someone said something about the SEARCH function. It's not user friendly to say the least.
Then why not make some constructive suggestions for improvement in the Site questions, suggestions and problems forum here?: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/site-suggestions-and-problems-14/

Club Lexus and Jelsoft (who authored and supports the forum software we use) are now owned by the same company, putting us in an excellent position to offer useful feedback to them.
Old 09-24-07, 01:22 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Garbage in, garbage out. First, the search would work much better if people starting their threads named them better. Titling a thread "Question" isn't going to help searchers down the road. If you use the advanced search, and think about your search terms, you'll have better success. If you are just going to search for "Nav", then, yeah, the search function will suck.
Old 09-24-07, 04:53 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
So does the IS manual
Originally Posted by Bichon
It is in the '06 manual. I bought my car back in 2005, and like they say in the Prego commercial: "It's in there".
Well, after further review of the manual, I concur: it is indeed in there. So, my apologies. I read over my manual start to finish when I first got the car, and don't remember seeing those things at all.
Old 09-25-07, 04:51 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Well, after further review of the manual, I concur: it is indeed in there. So, my apologies. I read over my manual start to finish when I first got the car, and don't remember seeing those things at all.
Don't feel bad, I've done the same thing. When another poster claimed that there were instructions in the manual to disable the automatic locking/unlocking of doors when you shift in/out of park, I could have sworn this was only a dealer settable option and that there was nothing in the manual about doing it yourself. I was proven wrong too.
Old 09-25-07, 08:25 AM
j|michael
Driver

i always thought forums were more conversational...if everyone did a search for the information they were looking for and never posted questions, this forum would become stale and lifeless save for a few 'show off my ride' threads. THEN i may as well read the owners manual.
Old 09-25-07, 02:53 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by j|michael
i always thought forums were more conversational...if everyone did a search for the information they were looking for and never posted questions, this forum would become stale and lifeless save for a few 'show off my ride' threads. THEN i may as well read the owners manual.
We certainly don't want people, especially new users, to feel uncomfortable participating in the forum and asking questions. That's why we've stated in our "sense of community" sticky that "search the archives!" responses are not permitted unless they also offer suggestions of keywords to look for and/or a couple of links to helpful threads. It's okay for experienced members to be helpful and show other users how to use search to find what they're looking for; it's not appropriate for them to be rude and simply berate others for failing to do so.

That said, people who never search are depriving themselves of wealth of information in our archives. In there you'll find DIY guides with photos, step-by-step how-to articles, detailed chronologies of how our users have solved problems and lively discussions of controversial issues. If you ask the same question anew, you may or may not be directed to those comprehensive resources.

To address your point, rather than stifling conversation, a membership that has familiarized itself with previous discussion on a topic will be able to bring new insights, ideas and perspectives, enhancing our collective knowledge of the subject rather than simply rehashing it.
Old 10-05-07, 04:53 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb Is this in the manual???

If you hold down the mode button on the steering wheel, the radio turns off. I don't remember reading that in the IS manual anywhere.
^^If you hold it down while its OFF, it will turn back on too...

OK-
If you press and hold the preset channel selector arrows ^/v on the steering wheel you will hear a beep, which will then allow the radio "seek" tuning feature which is what you do when you try to find a station with just the ****... (not the "Scan" feature)

If you press, hold, beep, let go.. it will take you to the next available station.

If you press, hold, beep, and continue to hold, it will Zoom up or down till you get to the station you are looking for...

It takes some skills to get it to stop exactly where you want it to.

I didn't read the manual, so for those of you that did, let me know what page its on... j/k..

Joe Z