IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

ISx50 "Easter Eggs"

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-07, 07:05 PM
revitupwio
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISx50 "Easter Eggs"

Hey guys...I've noticed that there are a few threads about neat things that people find on their cars like:
- how the volume button on the steering wheel changes the volume of a phone conversation using bluetooth or
- how there are convenient hooks in the back of the trunk ceiling that are good for hanging a couple bags of groceries for the ride home or to dangle a mini-umbrella.

Anyone else have any "Easter egg" moments with your car?
Old 09-22-07, 07:35 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You should check out the OEM Tips, Tricks, and DIY's (Do It Yourself) area in the 2IS FAQ thread...

My personal favorite "Easter Egg" : the "Traction Control Off" dance...
Old 09-22-07, 08:00 PM
revitupwio
Driver

ah...didn't think that it was updated much - when I was looking around for the IS250 TSBs, they weren't (aren't all in there). That's cool, though - thanks for the tip.
Old 09-23-07, 07:34 AM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One thing I found out after seeing someone's new camry:

If you hold down the mode button on the steering wheel, the radio turns off. I don't remember reading that in the IS manual anywhere.

Also, the camry owner's manual tells you specifically how to program the smartkey so that all the doors unlock when you touch the door handle...not just the driver's side first (like the factory typically sets it up)
Old 09-23-07, 08:01 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Also, the camry owner's manual tells you specifically how to program the smartkey so that all the doors unlock when you touch the door handle...not just the driver's side first (like the factory typically sets it up)
That one is in our FAQ thread too. (Note to members - it's worth reading! )

It's also in the owners manual, and was one of the features that the delivery consultant showed me when I picked up the car.

Last edited by Bichon; 09-23-07 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-23-07, 10:31 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by revitupwio
- how there are convenient hooks in the back of the trunk ceiling that are good for hanging a couple bags of groceries for the ride home or to dangle a mini-umbrella.
Cool. I will have to check that next time I am back there.
Old 09-23-07, 11:27 AM
sykocus
Lead Lap

a lot of "easter eggs" seem to be things people would find out if they were to read the manual.
Old 09-23-07, 11:32 AM
Rash
hmm

seat belt buzzer off.

is that an easter egg too?
Old 09-23-07, 04:46 PM
mikes rx

Originally Posted by Bichon
That one is in our FAQ thread too. (Note to members - it's worth reading! )

It's also in the owners manual, and was one of the features that the delivery consultant showed me when I picked up the car.
I wasn't referring to anything regarding the FAQ thread. I already knew that it was there (thanks, BTW...that was one of the first "mods" I did to the car). What I was saying is that it actually mentions it in the Camry manual, whereas it isn't mentioned in the IS manual (at least not the 06 model). Also, since I picked my car up used, this "delivery consultant" was non-existent
Old 09-23-07, 06:57 PM
maz
Lead Lap

This thread has taught me nothing new.
Old 09-23-07, 07:20 PM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

If you hold down the mode button on the steering wheel, the radio turns off. I don't remember reading that in the IS manual anywhere.

On the IS the mode button turns the radio on, also. I set up all my doors to open when touching the door handle (I think you hold the open and close button on the remote till it beeps). I love how all the windows and sunroof open when you hold the open on the remote.

Koz
Old 09-23-07, 09:54 PM
revitupwio
Driver

Originally Posted by maz
This thread has taught me nothing new.

just as your useless post has done for me.

I have to say that of all the auto forums I belong to, this one definitely has the least amount of togetherness and support. There are a few folks on here that go way out of their way to help others, & the rest seem, well, to say things like that ^
Old 09-24-07, 03:09 AM
maz
Lead Lap

The point of my post was to show that all the info about the IS has already been discussed and posted numerous times and I doubt that this thread will reveal any new info that no one doesn't already know about. I wasn't trying to be mean or anything, just making a point. (i.e. use search, check FAQ)
Old 09-24-07, 04:04 AM
mikes rx

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
You should check out the OEM Tips, Tricks, and DIY's (Do It Yourself) area in the 2IS FAQ thread...

Originally Posted by maz
I wasn't trying to be mean or anything, just making a point. (i.e. use search, check FAQ)
The FAQ thread says NOTHING about tips using the non-NAV radio.

Also, the FAQ thread is hard to read, because each tip has numerous posts with it. IMO, the FAQ thread should link to THE tip, and that's it...not every opinion that every person has about the tip. (although I will rebut my own argument and say that seeing how some people have modified the installs is nice too)

Last edited by mikes rx; 09-24-07 at 04:10 AM.
Old 09-24-07, 04:18 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

One thing I found out after seeing someone's new camry:

So does the IS manual

Quick Reply: ISx50 "Easter Eggs"