IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Have you been AeroTected lately??? Custom Install on the 2008 IS350!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-07, 10:48 PM
truce209
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info Joe.
Old 11-03-07, 02:06 PM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much for the nav screen..
Old 11-03-07, 02:59 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by i3urton
how much for the nav screen..
Not sure... my bill wasn't itemized.....

Quick update for ALL... The film has done its job a few times already...

I can tell where rocks hit my bumper, hood & lights.
Glad to know the paint and headlight lense is safe underneath the film!!!

I just went back last week to get my lower side rocker panels done..

When its Worth Protecting... AeroTect It !!

^^ Very True for Me!!

Joe Z
Old 11-03-07, 08:46 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you have the nav screen protection thing installed or did you do it yourself? I was looking at that the other day but was wondering if installation for that was hard.
Old 11-04-07, 06:42 AM
Hollings
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 92 SC400
Did you have the nav screen protection thing installed or did you do it yourself? I was looking at that the other day but was wondering if installation for that was hard.
If it's pre-cut to the right size, I would think it's pretty easy. I've done some small stick-on graphics work that is kinda like this. I highly recommend the little white scraper thing you can see in the picture. Think of it as scraping it on as opposed to scraping it off. Keeps the air bubbles out.

Anyone know where I can get one online?
Old 11-04-07, 07:18 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 92 SC400
Originally Posted by Hollings
If it's pre-cut to the right size, I would think it's pretty easy. I've done some small stick-on graphics work that is kinda like this. I highly recommend the little white scraper thing you can see in the picture. Think of it as scraping it on as opposed to scraping it off. Keeps the air bubbles out.

It was done by AeroTect the same day they installed the paint protection.

Think of it like an IPOD skin.. If you have done one of those, its basically the same.

I am pretty sure you can order the Nav Screen Skin from AeroTect if you call then up.. I'm also pretty sure it comes with the applicator card..

Joe Z
Old 01-02-08, 02:59 PM
tmag
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hollings

Yes it's pre-cut pretty easy to install. I had no experience and not that patient but was able to manage it. Only thing is that it's not exact to the screen size (a bit smaller) make sure you center it before application. Mine is a bit off center but can't really see it once the screen in on. As I said no experience and patience was not my virtue .
Old 01-02-08, 09:13 PM
ed146
Driver School Candidate

Damn it! I am envious.. We need Aerotect here in FLORIDA BADLY!!
Old 01-03-08, 01:23 PM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

joe z will you notice any discoloration when you take off the clear bra??? im thinking of the future....i know you had it on ur is300... thanks in advance ..
Old 01-03-08, 01:34 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

What's your cut for this post, Joe?

But seriously, I have a couple questions. I can't find any info about locations on that website. Are they anywhere in Texas?

Also, I've been wondering for a while, how easily does that clear bra scratch? Any more/less easily than the clearcoat on the paint?
Old 01-03-08, 02:07 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Arrow

Originally Posted by i3urton
joe z will you notice any discoloration when you take off the clear bra??? im thinking of the future....i know you had it on ur is300... thanks in advance ..
I never had to take mine off on the IS300, so I have no personal experience with that.

To my understanding, there should be NO discoloration to the OEM paint or clear coat..

Jz
Old 01-03-08, 02:20 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Cool

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
What's your cut for this post, Joe?

But seriously, I have a couple questions. I can't find any info about locations on that website. Are they anywhere in Texas?

Also, I've been wondering for a while, how easily does that clear bra scratch? Any more/less easily than the clearcoat on the paint?
Cut... ?? AeroTect is like family to me..

Everything I wrote is a True Story and a wonderful True experience I always have with them...

I am not sure if they have trained any installers in Texas, but I am sure there are other clear bra installers in that state.. I also know you can buy a complete kit from them and have a 3rd party installer apply the kit, if they are willing too...

It absorbs impacts pretty well from small rocks and other hazardous elements, expecially on the freeways..

I would say can scratch "less easily" than the clear coat on the paint..

The best part is, many years down the road you won't have rock chips across your hood and bumper.. or headlights & foglights with chips or speckles on the lenses..

I always recommend this for new car owners..

Joe Z
Old 01-03-08, 04:52 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

My concern right now is that I have already had my car for about 15 months, and I have collected a few scratches and chips on the hood and bumper... I don't know if it would be a good idea to put a bra on top of a non-pristine paint job.

At the same time though, it's not enough damage to be worth the cost of a repaint, especially since MR is apparently VERY difficult to match. I'm wasting so much time trying to decide what to do all while my paint keeps getting slowly beaten up...

... But now I think I'm sorta talking to myself, haha.
Old 03-11-08, 06:16 PM
sdub74
Rookie

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
My concern right now is that I have already had my car for about 15 months, and I have collected a few scratches and chips on the hood and bumper... I don't know if it would be a good idea to put a bra on top of a non-pristine paint job.

At the same time though, it's not enough damage to be worth the cost of a repaint, especially since MR is apparently VERY difficult to match. I'm wasting so much time trying to decide what to do all while my paint keeps getting slowly beaten up...

... But now I think I'm sorta talking to myself, haha.
I'm in the same boat. I think they'll repair the chips, and I'll just get a full detail (claybar, polish & wax) to get out the swirl marks and water spots from some wayward sprinklers before getting the bra on.
Old 03-11-08, 07:02 PM
XprincoX
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

holy thread revival...

Quick Reply: Have you been AeroTected lately??? Custom Install on the 2008 IS350!!