IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Navigation Warning Screen

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-07, 02:49 PM
jdanon
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bichon
If it works, it will bring up a service mode screen. Just press and hold the "override" button for a few seconds until it beeps and changes color. Then exit from the service mode screen, and enjoy entering destinations while driving.

Like Technique, I'd be very surprised if this feature were back.
I'm betting there has always been a set of secret service menus/screens in every nav disc. Any complicated system always has some kind of diagnostics or program overrides somewhere. Aren't there any Lexus service techs that could leak this info to us on this board?
Old 09-24-07, 03:02 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Technique
I wonder if the nav bypass is BACK in the 08 disc? (Doubt it, but has anybody tried?)

Go to volume screen:
Press upper left corner
Press lower left corner
Press upper left corner
Press lower left corner
I haven't thought of trying that after they disabled that particular button sequence with the 07. I'll give it a shot tonight.

Thanks for the clarification lobuxracer.
Old 09-24-07, 04:42 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Shoyuu
I haven't thought of trying that after they disabled that particular button sequence with the 07. I'll give it a shot tonight.

Thanks for the clarification lobuxracer.
Originally Posted by Joe Z
Here is the link to the Promo from Sewell

http://beta.lexus-parts.com/parts_de...id=90141&all=Y

^^ I'll try this when I leave work..... any direct links to the rest of the steps?? I'd search, but I have a few screens going right now at work...
We will stay tuned for the results... Thanks!

And yes, do a search, there are a few different sequences that have worked over the years...

Originally Posted by jdanon
I'm betting there has always been a set of secret service menus/screens in every nav disc. Any complicated system always has some kind of diagnostics or program overrides somewhere. Aren't there any Lexus service techs that could leak this info to us on this board?
Yes, but in this case, the service techs don't know... Only the folks at DENSO know
Old 09-25-07, 05:58 AM
jdanon
Lead Lap

Yes, but in this case, the service techs don't know... Only the folks at DENSO know
I find that hard to believe. If only Denso knew there'd be no point in them having the service menus in the first place since Denso isn't the one using them. Since the navigation system is used for more than just navigation, I would think Lexus would need access to any special screens to check other sub-systems utilized by the navigation unit such as the backup camera, park assist, climate control, audio/video, etc. I'm sure there's a tech doc somewhere that details all the secret (to us anyway) functionality of the unit. Lexus has to know what they're putting in their cars, and I don't believe they are quite as oblivious as you think.
Old 09-25-07, 06:49 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jdanon
I find that hard to believe. If only Denso knew there'd be no point in them having the service menus in the first place since Denso isn't the one using them. Since the navigation system is used for more than just navigation, I would think Lexus would need access to any special screens to check other sub-systems utilized by the navigation unit such as the backup camera, park assist, climate control, audio/video, etc. I'm sure there's a tech doc somewhere that details all the secret (to us anyway) functionality of the unit. Lexus has to know what they're putting in their cars, and I don't believe they are quite as oblivious as you think.
All I can say is, that if such a tech doc exists, none of our connections in the auto industry know about it...

And don't forget, there are multiple service menus... We are aware of a service menu in both the 2007 and 2008 DVD, this is the one that Lexus techs are given. But the firmware reload and override service menu is the one that has never been written about in service manuals or given to service techs since 2007...
Old 09-25-07, 06:52 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i would be curious to know myself, i was really considering selling my 2 month old lexus on a trip i just got back from, i did the nav hack with the switch and found that when the switch is switched back on it still cant seem to find where its going untill you stop.

i would love to have an override i could access from the screen.
Old 09-25-07, 06:59 AM
jdanon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
i would be curious to know myself, i was really considering selling my 2 month old lexus on a trip i just got back from, i did the nav hack with the switch and found that when the switch is switched back on it still cant seem to find where its going untill you stop.

Selling after two months?? May I ask why?
Old 09-25-07, 07:38 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bass Mech

Well, you can get the override from the screen if you burn a hybrid disc...

Also, I have the switch mod and once you flip the switch back everything works perfectly... You only activate the switch while you are entering your destination... Once it's entered, flip it back for normal operation...
Old 09-25-07, 08:55 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

We will stay tuned for the results... Thanks!

And yes, do a search, there are a few different sequences that have worked over the years...

I'll ask a good friend that works @ Toyota..
Maybe he has something for the 2008's or 2007's..

Also, I tried the sequence in the "Volume Control" screen and nothing happened...

If there is another screen you guys want me to try it on, let me know...

I know about the search.. but when I am on at work I normally don't have the extra time to search and read through hundreds of post & threads...
When I home, its a different story..

Joe Z
Old 09-25-07, 12:09 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

I've tried it and couldn't get the override to show up. I've even tried to alternate the: Left Upper Corner, Left Lower Corner to see if that would do it, but no go. Also tried turning off the volume and selecting different volume levels while trying to do the override trick and no dice.

Sorry folks.
Old 10-11-07, 10:25 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

I've confirmed that if you update to the new V7.1 (2008) nav disc, then you will have the new firmware which automatically gets rid of the "warning" screen after 5 seconds...
Old 10-11-07, 10:36 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Question

I've confirmed that if you update to the new V7.1 (2008) nav disc, then you will have the new firmware which automatically gets rid of the "warning" screen after 5 seconds...

No word on finding the "secret service screen options" on this either...

Did anyone ever figure out how/why it is that they provided the tech info back in 2006 for Lexus techs to access certain screens. ?
Futhermore, how the hell are they doing it for 2007 & 2008 models accross the Lexus line up??

Plug in tools for nav diagnosis???

Joe Z
Old 10-11-07, 11:37 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joe Z
No word on finding the "secret service screen options" on this either...

Did anyone ever figure out how/why it is that they provided the tech info back in 2006 for Lexus techs to access certain screens. ?
Futhermore, how the hell are they doing it for 2007 & 2008 models accross the Lexus line up??

Plug in tools for nav diagnosis???

Joe Z
We can get to the diag screen in the 2007 and 2008... You simply press "DISP" and then upper left, lower left, upper left, lower left, upper left, lower left...

But that is NOT the override menu