Old 09-24-07, 12:31 PM
shrka
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default laser diffuser

has anyone tried this?

http://www.k40.com/defu_main.html

does this work in california?
I have a friend in tx that says it works there.
but only works on laser and not radar due to
loophole.
Old 09-24-07, 12:32 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, some cops here shoot Laser. You have to be smart on how to use it and make sure you dont get caught with it.
Old 09-24-07, 02:12 PM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

If their speed doesn't come up when they use it, or the gun emits an ERR code, a smart traffic officer is gonna pull you and shake down your car.....It's an arrest here in Cali.....not sure about other states.

FWIW.....those covers, sprays or other devices don't work either. Saw it on Mythbusters....
Old 09-24-07, 10:47 PM
shrka
Pole Position

thanks guys....I guess I should just give up on this idea.
but on the k40 website, it states that it is no illegal for laser diffuser because it is controlled by FCC or something like that. So it is a loophole.
Old 09-25-07, 12:16 AM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by shrka
...... it is controlled by FCC or something like that. So it is a loophole.

Lasers aren't controled by the FCC....

Jamming: Electronic Speed-Measuring Devices
CVC 28150. (a) No vehicle shall be equipped with any device that is designed for, or is capable of, jamming, scrambling, neutralizing, disabling, or otherwise interfering with radar, laser, or any other electronic device used by a law enforcement agency to measure the speed of moving objects.

(b) No person shall use, buy, possess, manufacture, sell, or otherwise distribute any device that is designed for jamming, scrambling, neutralizing, disabling, or otherwise interfering with radar, laser, or any other electronic device used by a law enforcement agency to measure the speed of moving objects.

Last edited by unit74; 09-25-07 at 12:21 AM.
Old 09-25-07, 12:39 AM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

i was talking to a cop down here in glendale, he said the mostly use the lasers now and he has run across some jammers, he even admited that he pulles them over when he cant get a reading they know that they have a jammer, but he said they there has been quite a few time when they just cant find them and let the speeders go. He even showed me how the laser gun works, that thing is quick, freakin jsut locks on in like a second has the speed and every thing its scary.
Old 09-25-07, 12:43 AM
ggzoa
Driver School Candidate

I have a K-40 intalled on my IS. It is not illegal in Cali but if the cop sees it, they will be looking for something else to nail you on. My front diffuser is blended under my license plate and is barely noticable. The rear diffuser currently uses the license plate frame and is noticable. I am currently working on a solution to this. As for the radar detector portion of the product, it is fantastic. There is nothing noticable inside the car. I mounted the LED's under the dash and above the instrument cluster. Cost was about $1600 with installation.
Old 09-25-07, 12:45 AM
IS-MIKE
Driver

Originally Posted by shrka
...laser diffuser...
Their product is called "Defuser EX & EX2" but from the description it isn't a passive system it is an active jammer so definitely illegal in California:
New Defuser EX & EX2 detects and deactivates the laser light signal transmitted by police laser guns by sending out a powerful return pulse signal at the same frequency.
I was watching a news story on TV a couple weeks ago and the CHP guy in the story was saying how they were deploying many more LIDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) detectors because the price of the units had dropped in half since they were first introduced a year or two ago making them more cost effective.

Originally Posted by $C300
...that thing is quick, freakin jsut locks on in like a second has the speed and every thing its scary.
Yeah the cop showed it off on tv, he looks through the sight on the gun, puts a little red dot on the car he wants to measure and gets a speed reading back almost instantly. Nasty.
Old 09-25-07, 04:56 AM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Just dont get caught In CA it is a felony if you try to jam or scramble radar/Laser
Old 09-25-07, 08:35 AM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ggzoa
I have a K-40 intalled on my IS. It is not illegal in Cali but if the cop sees it, they will be looking for something else to nail you on. My front diffuser is blended under my license plate and is barely noticable. The rear diffuser currently uses the license plate frame and is noticable. I am currently working on a solution to this. As for the radar detector portion of the product, it is fantastic. There is nothing noticable inside the car. I mounted the LED's under the dash and above the instrument cluster. Cost was about $1600 with installation.
post pics..........