IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Bye Bye Lexus.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-07, 11:27 AM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't get me started on the Mini transmission prob. I had. BAd Bad Bad.
Old 09-25-07, 11:27 AM
Jay Slay
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Evitzee
You certainly blow through cars; the IS, now a 2008 Bimmer, then a 2008 MB, then maybe an IS-F. Your sig says you are in IT staffing for Financial Clients. Let's hope you give them better financial advice than what you practice, you are losing money like crazy flipping cars like that. From a financial standpoint it isn't a good way to go. Just being able to afford it doesn't make it wise financially. But I guess you know that ??
I am NOT losing money on the Lexus. I owe 32k on it, and getting the full payoff. My 1990 Integra was my first car at 17...Since then I got the 2000 Acura...then the Z..which I kept for the full lease. The IS is fun..But when your cousin is regional sales mgr for BMW...what does it matter? They have FULL coverage for anything that isnt gas or tires. It's a drivers car..I am 25..not married..no kids..just bought a condo...got cash in the bank..working hard...I want a fun toy..as much as the Lexus is reliable..and I agree...I can't wait to mod those twin turbos. AND I don't give financial advice..I provide IT consultants/staff that develop or do anything technically related to the financial services industry...
Old 09-25-07, 11:28 AM
Jay Slay
Driver

Originally Posted by yemilipede
ive being seeing your post on e90post.com.

So are u still gonna come out upside down after the buyout??
Nope...I am even.
Old 09-25-07, 11:30 AM
carson_ny
Rookie

nice car! congrats on your lifestyle, i'm on my way there!
Old 09-25-07, 11:43 AM
Jay Slay
Driver

Thanks..big things poppin..and little things stoppin.
Old 09-25-07, 12:16 PM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jay Slay
I am NOT losing money on the Lexus. I owe 32k on it, and getting the full payoff. My 1990 Integra was my first car at 17...Since then I got the 2000 Acura...then the Z..which I kept for the full lease. The IS is fun..But when your cousin is regional sales mgr for BMW...what does it matter? They have FULL coverage for anything that isnt gas or tires. It's a drivers car..I am 25..not married..no kids..just bought a condo...got cash in the bank..working hard...I want a fun toy..as much as the Lexus is reliable..and I agree...I can't wait to mod those twin turbos. AND I don't give financial advice..I provide IT consultants/staff that develop or do anything technically related to the financial services industry...
You lost the down payment, taxes and depreciation.....but go for it.

I would be a little careful with how crazy you get on the turbo mods. I think BMW will crack down hard on turbo related mods once they start paying out the nose for warranty work. Find a good dealer/service center though.
Old 09-25-07, 12:25 PM
Jay Slay
Driver

yeah but the BMW dealer is making up for that for me..so things are even.

Otherwise I know it is a loss. I am saving my real money for the C63 when it comes out next yr.....
Old 09-25-07, 12:40 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Evitzee
You certainly blow through cars; the IS, now a 2008 Bimmer, then a 2008 MB, then maybe an IS-F. Your sig says you are in IT staffing for Financial Clients. Let's hope you give them better financial advice than what you practice, you are losing money like crazy flipping cars like that. From a financial standpoint it isn't a good way to go. Just being able to afford it doesn't make it wise financially. But I guess you know that ??
Ouch, thats a lot of deep stuff there Evitzee....

OP: No flaming from me man, good luck with the new car and see ya when you get the IS-F.
Old 09-25-07, 12:50 PM
MLevinson
Pole Position

Congrats on the BMW

I owned an '02 M3 and I have to say it was very trouble-free for the most part; but I know others as well that have not been so lucky w/BMW's, especialy w/the 335i models. Neverthless, I really like the 335i and I would have taken it over the ISx50 if it was not for the interior; just cannot warm up to it.

Good luck...
Old 09-25-07, 12:52 PM
Jay Slay
Driver

Thanks for the positive feedback..

I don't take offense to Evitzee. Get your money up.
Old 09-25-07, 01:30 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by fleadog99
Don't get me started on the Mini transmission prob. I had. BAd Bad Bad.
My mom had a 2006 Mini Cooper blow a tranny with only 325 miles on the freeway.

After they fixed it twice, they decided to order her a New car... which she then sold rather quickly after she got it...

It was really sad since she really liked how it looked, but reliability was the major factor in getting rid of it.
Old 09-25-07, 01:44 PM
Jay Slay
Driver

I am getting this car for the driving factor..to beat it up..I have my girlfriend's 06 Altima I can use anytime since she takes the train to the city...Win-Win Situation.
Old 09-25-07, 02:15 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Jesus! You do know how to spend your money on cars. Well, my advise to you is don't blow it all and save some for raining days. You never know when the US economy is going downhill. Esp. IT jobs where they can outsource to you know who.
Old 09-25-07, 02:20 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jay Slay
I am getting this car for the driving factor..to beat it up..I have my girlfriend's 06 Altima I can use anytime since she takes the train to the city...Win-Win Situation.
The bmw is a good choice because you dont seem to keep cars that long. So people saying that bmw is not reliable doesnt really pertain to you. If you were keeping the BMW for 5+ years then thats another story!

The IS is not a fun car at all to drive. I actually enjoy driving my Acura Integra GSR then my IS. I just love driving the IS on the highway because its a good cruiser and gets great gas mileage.
Old 09-25-07, 02:35 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats! Great taste in cars I would reccomend you to look into a Porsche.

Quick Reply: Bye Bye Lexus.