IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

accident after 6 months

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-07, 09:43 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LeslieRC
That $10K limit probably applies to "pain and suffering", and not actual damages like repair and medical bills. Also, you probably have "uninsured motorist coverage" with your insurer. You'll be OK! Contact your insurance company and let them take over - that's what you pay them for.

I responded too quickly. I just read the rest of your thread and it sounds like you have limited insurance coverage yourself. There still may be some hope if the person who hit your car has homeowner's insurance. I think it's a smart move to have your attorney involved under the circumstances.
Old 09-26-07, 09:59 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
usually companies like gieco and progressive or esurance are the worst, they sell more than 70% of their policies to peole with state minimum coverage.

if you dont carry at least 250,000 per person and 500,000 per accident 100,000 in property damage and 250,000 / 500,000 in uninsured / underinsured motorest liability you dont have enough.

if your company doesnt sell these limits then i would switch.
Rubbish! The blame is not on the insurance companies. Remember that insurance companies are for-profit business that would love nothing more than to "over-insure" an individual. By the way, GEICO insures my cars and I have the coverage you quoted above as prudent for each of them. Of course insurance companies will, and must, write policies that are required under the laws of the states in which they do business, but it's up to their insureds not to be penny wise and pound foolish. Personally, I think it's foolhearty not to be insured for these realistic amounts when we drive such expensive cars (and when we can be exposed to such significant amounts of liability).
Old 09-26-07, 07:00 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

That $10K limit probably applies to "pain and suffering", and not actual damages like repair and medical bills. Also, you probably have "uninsured motorist coverage" with your insurer. You'll be OK! Contact your insurance company and let them take over - that's what you pay them for.
i sure am glad you have to have a license to sell insurance. so many people are so uninformed about insurance.

dis reguard this post, none of this information is even remotly true...
Old 09-26-07, 08:44 PM
slowandlow
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am guessing personal ingerney<--sorry spelled worng for the 10k. if your car was at a dead stop the other car that your car was pushed in to is not your fault sence your car was stoped. i hope you are all right and get better.
Old 09-26-07, 10:15 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Rubbish! The blame is not on the insurance companies. Remember that insurance companies are for-profit business that would love nothing more than to "over-insure" an individual. By the way, GEICO insures my cars and I have the coverage you quoted above as prudent for each of them. Of course insurance companies will, and must, write policies that are required under the laws of the states in which they do business, but it's up to their insureds not to be penny wise and pound foolish. Personally, I think it's foolhearty not to be insured for these realistic amounts when we drive such expensive cars (and when we can be exposed to such significant amounts of liability).
its good that you have the right amount, however you couldnt be more wrong.. considering the additional insurance costs about 5 bucks a month additional to more than double the coverage they arent getting rich selling you more coverage. the fact is they actually get more rich selling you state minimums because they are done with your *** as soon as they finish paying out 25,000 verses 250,000 as a loss.

and if you ever find yourself confronted with a half million dollar lawsuit, that ended up exceeding even the coverage I described, untill your having 1/2 of your income garnished and your home has a lein on it you won't begin to understand why you can never have too much insurance.
when you consider the small amount it costs in additional premiums for the exposure to the insurance company and ultimatly the additional coverage you would have you may not agree untill this becomes a reality for you.

glad you got the coverage, your one of a very select few. and FWIW Ive sold over 1700 policies and not 1 single time did I ever see a Geico insurance policy save anyone any money, perhaps they arent competitive just in colorado, but it might be worth 15 minutes to look somewhere else to see if there is a better cost policy available in your area. and if that isnt enough reason to shop, do yourself a favor, go to yahoo.com and do a search for "geico insurance complaints" i think you would be really suprised at the staggering, simply mindblowing, amazing amount of people who have complained about the way their claims were not taken care of.

if they are saving anyone any money I guess you really do get what you pay for, if not, its just unfortunate I guess...

ill tell you somthing else, why you would leave your assetts your income and your property in the hands of some agent you never meet ill never understand. if you think about it, all it takes is a bad accident for someone to own you for the rest of your life! they could take your home and much of your assetts by a court order. so i say again, why would you trust somthing so valueable to a total stranger who hides behind a telephone? at least if you get a local agent you will know the size of the persons neck just in case a good choking is in order.
Old 09-26-07, 11:17 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

for all my vehicles, my coverage is 100K/300K/100K. how much are you gonna save for going cheap on your premiums anyway? For future note, pay a little more for peace of mind.