IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

accident after 6 months

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-07, 04:45 PM
anitabj
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accident after 6 months

i purchased my 07 sgm is250 in march, and last thursday the 20, some dude rear ends me going 30-40 per hour....i fly into the car infront of me and my car is toast..i got out of the car and he told me that he was distracted playing with his little dog.....i have rear end/ front end, and my amps and subs are all f-ed up.....sorry i cant find my camera to post pics, but will in couple days or so...i talked to all insurance agencies involved and the guy who hit me has mercury insurance and is only covered for 10k worth of damages...im currently goign to a ciropractor getting treatment for my back and neck... im worried that his insurance isnt goign to be able to cover all the damages...what should i do???? if they cant??? this sucks..im goign to go drink in my closet and cry
Old 09-25-07, 05:28 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

I feel you man, that really sucks, but the thing is, at least you weren't seriously hurt, that's what's the most important. Are you sure his car insurance only covers 10k worth of damage on other vehicles? maybe on his, but I can't imagine a insurance company covers only 10k on the other car, what if he hits a ferrari? the other dude's gonna wanna kill himself. Anyways, hope everything will work out for ya, and those careless drivers should really get a kick in the ***.
Old 09-25-07, 08:38 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

2 great points here. but first, i'm personally happy you're walking, i remember how happy you were when you got the car. so, do you have underinsured driver coverage? this will help you if you get an attorney.

and, yes, all dogs in an auto should be in a cage. period.
Old 09-25-07, 08:43 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if his insurance wont fully cover the accident, you can always take it to court, which may have him pay out pocket or get some of his assets! also your insurance should cover your vehicle, but it depends on the amounts of coverage you have! call your insurance and talk with them, by the way what insurance company are you with?
Old 09-25-07, 09:09 PM
inxexisten
Lead Lap

omg that was the same excuse of the girl who rear ended me 6 months ago luckily I was driving my least favorite car
Old 09-25-07, 09:29 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

I'm always worrying about getting hit. That's what I hate about having a luxury car, I commute everyday on freeway with stop and go traffic you never which idiot you'll run into, esp those freaking teenagers who don't know how to drive. I got rear ended 2 yrs ago by a teen girl driver and my relative got recently got hit by another teen.
Old 09-25-07, 09:36 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What about your own insurance? You should have full coverage. Regardless of who's fault it is, your insurance company should take care of everything.

File the claim with your insurance company, make sure you get compensated, and let them deal with the guy who hit you. Do not take no for an answer. You pay insurance for a reason.
Old 09-25-07, 10:42 PM
CeoStatus0
Pole Position

yea...i always keep an eye out for careless drivers...

but kept us posted on whats going on
Old 09-25-07, 10:51 PM
anitabj
Driver

i have infinity insurance, person that i hit in front of me has all state, and the person that hit me into that person has mercury........its weird, couple days before my accident i was in the process of getting better coverage......but only have liability...so im screwed.....i have an attorney....so i should be able to get everything fixed ok...just worried about how long its going to take to get my car fixed dealing with the insurance companies.....my car is like tainted goods now.....its drivable, but i dont even wanna ride in it anymore....sigh

whats funny is that i saw it happen in slow motion in my rear view mirror, so when i did get hit, i pulled it to the left so it would only get my right front side......ill keep you guys posted
Old 09-26-07, 12:58 AM
mctuners
Lead Lap

That really sucks.
like other people said, I'm glad that you are OK. Now, as far as the insurance process, I am not sure what involves how when you only have liability insurance. However, wheather you have liability insurance or full coverage, you can still ask your insruance agent about this. I have no idea why so many SGM IS250 get hits including mine. I'm finally getting my car back tomorrow after a week of treatment done to it.
Old 09-26-07, 06:42 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

looks like its time to bust out some insurance info again,

if he is too cheap to buy real insurance your policy will cover you under your uninsured / underinsured motorest liability limits for your personal injury related problems, if the damage exceeds his insurance property damage then your collision will kick in and you will have to pay your deductible.

it is very unfortunate that people will buy the cheap crap insurance. whats more unfortunate is there is an agent behind that policy that wrote thoes limits.
I see this every day, usually companies like gieco and progressive or esurance are the worst, they sell more than 70% of their policies to peole with state minimum coverage. they do this because after you go on tv and brag about your low rates the only way you can earn anyone's business when your not the lowest is to sell the cheap crap to make the prices look good.
you should all check your policies, let this post be a reminder to do so. if you dont carry at least 250,000 per person and 500,000 per accident 100,000 in property damage and 250,000 / 500,000 in uninsured / underinsured motorest liability you dont have enough.

if your company doesnt sell these limits then i would switch.

whats unfortunate is that if your current insurance agent didnt reccommend these limits then they dont really know what they are doing in the first place and i would be suspect of all my other insurance policies. agents who write lower limits are just policy pushers, they arent really interested in protecting you at all. they just want to make a sale.
Old 09-26-07, 08:07 AM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to hear about your accident, but it's good to hear you walked away. Hopefully you can get this issue resolved with the other party's insurance.
Old 09-26-07, 08:20 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by anitabj
couple days before my accident i was in the process of getting better coverage......but only have liability...so im screwed.....i have an attorney....so i should be able to get everything fixed ok...just worried about how long its going to take to get my car fixed dealing with the insurance companies.....my car is like tainted goods now.....its drivable, but i dont even wanna ride in it anymore....sigh
What's done is done, but if I read your note correctly you said you have liability only!! Self insuring yourself in a luxury car for collision and theft is risky. Most people can't afford the financial hit of paying for a totaled car themselves. And unless you own the car outright (no lien's) you have to have comprehensive and collision insurance. Are you sure you only have liability coverage?
Old 09-26-07, 09:33 AM
hung8852
Pole Position

liability only?...on a 45k car? are you kidding me?!?!!
Old 09-26-07, 09:38 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by anitabj
i purchased my 07 sgm is250 in march, and last thursday the 20, some dude rear ends me going 30-40 per hour....i fly into the car infront of me and my car is toast..i got out of the car and he told me that he was distracted playing with his little dog.....i have rear end/ front end, and my amps and subs are all f-ed up.....sorry i cant find my camera to post pics, but will in couple days or so...i talked to all insurance agencies involved and the guy who hit me has mercury insurance and is only covered for 10k worth of damages...im currently goign to a ciropractor getting treatment for my back and neck... im worried that his insurance isnt goign to be able to cover all the damages...what should i do???? if they cant??? this sucks..im goign to go drink in my closet and cry
That $10K limit probably applies to "pain and suffering", and not actual damages like repair and medical bills. Also, you probably have "uninsured motorist coverage" with your insurer. You'll be OK! Contact your insurance company and let them take over - that's what you pay them for.

Quick Reply: accident after 6 months