IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Park Assist

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-07, 10:36 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

hm, i have another question i really didnt want to make a new thread because its such a small question.
Is it only the 07+ models to have the steering wheel move, like when you turn it on and off? Does the 06 have this?
Old 09-30-07, 11:54 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by Leotno
hm, i have another question i really didnt want to make a new thread because its such a small question.
Is it only the 07+ models to have the steering wheel move, like when you turn it on and off? Does the 06 have this?
06's have it as well in the Luxury & Sport Pkgs only...

Base models will not have the memory features or Auto adjusting steering wheel.

Joe Z
Old 10-01-07, 04:29 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Koz
I found that the PA could not be fully trusted. There were times when there were fences, poles, oddly shaped objects, etc, that would be undetected. That means you cannot completely depend on the accuracy of the actual safe distance. In addition, it is useless if you have nav. With the nav, I can safely back up to 1/4" to the bumper. There should be a central sensor in the front bumper/spoiler section of the vehicle. It would be great to be able to protect the front spoiler. A front camera would be the ultimate!

If I had the choice again, I would pass on the PA. Although I think the PA is linked the luxury pkg. I remember the Stealer saying the PA was needed when getting the luxury pkg.

Koz

Not part of the Lux Pkg.
Old 10-01-07, 04:47 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Does anyone have the lux pkg without PA?

If the PA protected the front spoiler it would be worth $450. (or at least a front center sensor)

Koz
Old 10-01-07, 05:10 AM
jdanon
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Intuitive Parking Assist isn't part of any package, but is part of most standard configurations offered by Lexus which is dependent on which Lexus sales region you live in. Your options are pretty limited unless you want to special order.
Old 10-01-07, 05:54 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Koz
Does anyone have the lux pkg without PA?

If the PA protected the front spoiler it would be worth $450. (or at least a front center sensor)

Koz
I do--here in Penna, I would have had to special order PA in any configuration. Did you buy a car that happened to be on the lot? I looked at some NJ dealers too, and none of the cars they had were with PA (in fact, it was damn hard to find the Lux Pkg).
Old 10-01-07, 06:13 AM
jdanon
Lead Lap

I always wondered why they didn't do this. I suppose there weren't center sensors in front like in back because they probably assumed that it's easier to see in front of the car and put the sensors in the harder to see spots like the corners. There's no way they can detect every object no matter how many sensors they put on the bumper.

Last edited by jdanon; 10-01-07 at 07:46 AM.
Old 10-01-07, 07:06 AM
Koz

Originally Posted by tex2670
I do--here in Penna, I would have had to special order PA in any configuration. Did you buy a car that happened to be on the lot? I looked at some NJ dealers too, and none of the cars they had were with PA (in fact, it was damn hard to find the Lux Pkg).
I special ordered mine because I wanted Nav/ML. When I was placing the order, the salesmen told me PA had to be ordered with the Lux Pkg. At the time I wanted the PA anyway so I didn't question it.

Koz
Old 10-01-07, 07:15 AM
PW007
Rookie

Not trying to highjack the thread, but I just wondering does everyone with PA leave it on all the time. Since I got the car, I turned mine off figuring I would only turn it on when needed. Is this feature meant to be left on or are you suppose to leave it off and only turn it on when need?
Old 10-01-07, 08:35 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Koz
I special ordered mine because I wanted Nav/ML. When I was placing the order, the salesmen told me PA had to be ordered with the Lux Pkg. At the time I wanted the PA anyway so I didn't question it.

Koz
I've seen some in my area that had PA, but of the 9 dealers I spoke to, none mentioned PA. In fact, most of them quote you their price based on the MSRP ("The MSRP of that vehicle is $XXXX; our price is $YYYY), rather than equipment, and everyone had the same MSRP, so I don't think any of those guys had a PA equiped car.

But-- seems to me that having to add on the PA defeats the purpose of the special order. Since you wanted it, no harm no foul. But I would think if you resisted, they'd relent.
Old 10-01-07, 10:00 AM
Koz

Originally Posted by PW007
Not trying to highjack the thread, but I just wondering does everyone with PA leave it on all the time. Since I got the car, I turned mine off figuring I would only turn it on when needed. Is this feature meant to be left on or are you suppose to leave it off and only turn it on when need?
I only turn mine on when needed. I figured it would extend its life.

Koz
Old 10-01-07, 10:31 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have it only because it came with the Lux pkg and would never order it as a stand alone option.

Its works ok, but I still managed to back into a shopping cart (luckily no damage).

Cool feature tho.

I leave mine on all the time BTW.
Old 10-01-07, 05:21 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PW007
I leave mine on all the time.

In terms of it being "ok" to leave on: If it wasn't, they would have warnings all over the place in the owner's manual that would say so.
Old 10-05-07, 02:17 PM
Namir
Lead Lap

I tried to find a luxury package without PA but in my region, they said all Luxury packages had the PA option as well. So while its not technically part of the package they all come with it in my region
I love the car other than the PA because of the ugly sensors. Does anyone have a problem with wax getting stuck in the sensors?
Old 10-05-07, 04:04 PM
blajoieSG
Driver School Candidate

I have it....and I also think it is useless.

The only time I ever thought it would be helpful would be pulling straight forward into a parking spot. It should beep when the front of your bumper gets close to the other car...right?

Wrong... there are only corner sensors on the front bumper.

Useless option

Also it makes waxing your car a biatch

Quick Reply: Park Assist